Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-12-2013, 05:13 AM   #76  

Default New here

Hi Ladies,

I guess I'm a little late for January start up but better late than never. I've struggled with binge eating for a few years now. It was only on weekends up until the last few months.. Now it's every few days and a lot worse! I am still within a heathly bmi but I am gaining.. I know it's no excuse but these last few months have been the hardest I've had. I have PCOS and had three failed IVF cycles in 2012. My binging can be anywhere up to 7000-8000 calories. I feel disguisting its amazing I'm still in a healthy weight range, but I do a lot of running (can run a half marathon no problem).. I'm sure my insides are not healthy- I know I have very high cholesterol. I NEED to fix this problem before my next FET.. just hoping for a little support. No one I know truly understands the binging and the emotions attached to it. Will start clean eating now and will do a weigh in and add a ticker in a few days when my weight is more realistic. Hope I am welcome

Sorry for the ramble..

Steph xx
Greeneyedblonde89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'8

EliseVi- what a wonderfully healthy way to stop a binge!

Welcome greeneyeblonde! It sounds like you've had a hard time. Coming here has and making daily posts has helped me, and a lot of others, a lot, and I'm sure it'll help you

Today has gone really well. I have just not had much of an appetite at all. I have been hungry, which doesn't make any sense considering I had 2 bowls of cereal, 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, 6 pieces of toast, and chocolate for dinner last night. But today I woke up at 9:30, didn't have breakfast, and had my first meal around 13:00. I had sauteed kale, with a little oil, collard wraps (lettuce and some chickpea-tahini dreassing I made), and to snack on, I had some raisins, an apple, and some almonds. It's 17:30, I've only consumed 500 calories tops, and I've no desire to eat! I think I'm going to have a healthy snack/meal in a couple hours though- either fruit or a salad. I need some nourishing foods in me...

So, I think I'm going to start my count over. Today is another Day 1. I don't think I can justify all the food i had yesterday in one sitting, I got so full, I could barely move for an hour, and I wasn't even hungry to start with. That's most definitely a binge.
PaintedPonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #78  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Day 12 is almost over but I am FIGHTING hardcore. I've been feeling kind of down lately about my re-gain, stressed about work... And the temperature hasn't gotten warmer than 20 in over a week. I'm trying to recover from an achillies injury and its getting depressing... Where 8 miles used to be a breeze I am struggling to get 3...

Just a bad day I guess. I am having a hard time web celebrating my 12 day record because I feel like binge eating is a silly thing that I shouldn't struggle with so much in the first place. Ugh.
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #79  
Happiness, Peace, & Love

S/C/G: 250 / 250 / 160

Height: 6'0"

Did very well yesterday- just some late night snacking (yogurt and a glass of milk) but that's nothing compared to how I use to be Thank God! Woke up a little hungry- tummy rumbles- but I'm waiting until lunch time to eat (not in the mood for breakfast food- just want my cup of coffee).

Have a happy binge-free day!!
Angeldove97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #80  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hello everyone,

Welcome Greeneyedblonde89 - I wish you much success!

danzingurl77 - I hope you're feeling better today.

I've made it through 12 days without any binging or overeating and I am working on 13. So far I've not had any urges to overeat. I hope I can keep this going. I weighed today and I've lost 5.4 pounds since 1/1

I hope everyone has a great binge free Sunday.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #81  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

you girls are really keeping it up. good job resisting those urges.
danzigurl you're so right, how our life would be easier if we didn't have to strggle with it.
i've left home and returned to my university in italy and as much as i was looking forward to coming back and starting my new plan now i feel slightly depressed and already miss home even though we only fight at home. i barely slept last night, i'm getting a headache from too little sleeping and i barely ate today because i wasn't hungry at all. after i returned i started cleaning immediately because my roomates haven't done much around here. i'm so tired and sleepy but it's too early to go to bed. i still have so much stuff to do but i'm too exhausted. the plus side is that i haven't binged.
good luck girls
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #82  
Happiness, Peace, & Love

S/C/G: 250 / 250 / 160

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzingurl77 View Post
Day 12 is almost over but I am FIGHTING hardcore. I've been feeling kind of down lately about my re-gain, stressed about work... And the temperature hasn't gotten warmer than 20 in over a week. I'm trying to recover from an achillies injury and its getting depressing... Where 8 miles used to be a breeze I am struggling to get 3...
I wish there was a way we could banish winter away- it does so many bad things to people with its lack of sunshine and warm weather. Sorry to hear about the injury- I dealt with a knee injury two days into the new year when I had been trying to start exercising every day. Always seems to happen that way Perhaps there are some new exercises you could add into your routine if running isn't possible?

Quote:
Just a bad day I guess. I am having a hard time web celebrating my 12 day record because I feel like binge eating is a silly thing that I shouldn't struggle with so much in the first place. Ugh.
We all have them- bad days and those moments where we can't believe we have issues with overeating. It's food!?! Why does it have so much power over us!?! It was 11pm last night and everybody was asleep- I knew I should be too- but I couldn't shut my brain up and I "compromised" with myself by having some yogurt and a glass of milk (diary, for some reason, makes me fall asleep at night). Stupid- I should have just gone to bed- but it is what it is.

Thankfully we have a new day to work on new healthy habits- I'm celebrating the fact that I didn't overeat at lunch. And that I got home and started exercising right away- that's really awesome for me!
Angeldove97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #83  
Jessica

Wow, thank you so much everyone for the support! I am feeling much better today- and am Happy to report that today will make 13 days binge-free! So glad that I didn't give in over the last few days...

Thank you all for the encouragement, it makes this whole thing much more bearable to know that I am not alone!!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend! :-)
Old 01-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #84  

Congrats on overcoming it, danzigurl!

Today is Day 2 for me. I haven't had much of an appetite today, either, but I'm afraid this weekend of not eating much will come back to bite me tomorrow. I'll stay strong and not binge. I'm going back to school next sunday, and I am determined to go the rest of break without a binge!!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #85  
Stay Focused & Committed

Day 13 of no binging/overeating.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #86  
Jessica

Painted ponies- thank you!! ;-) good job getting back on track!!
Gettin fit- were making it! Woot woot!

Today will be 14 days! I really hope I can make it! 2 weeks binge free will be nothing short of a miracle for me... Luckily I will be at work teaching for the next four hours, so hopefully by then- my cravings will be gone- I just had lunch and the irrational part of me wants more!!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #87  
Stay Focused & Committed

danzingurl77 - We can do it!! Let's keep it going. Day 14 down for me.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #88  

Day 3 for me. Today went well, I enjoyed a couple of scones this morning and a bowl of pasta without overeating/binging. I wanted a second bowl of pasta, but instead, just took a few pieces of the rotini and dipped them in sauce instead of having a whole other bowl.

I'm so happy- in these past few days, there have been times when I was so into a knitting/drawing project or a video game I was playing, that I actually forgot to think about food and planning my next meal!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Still binge-free for January, and this is Binge Free Consecutive Day #50!!!

10 more to go til I break my all-time record!

I don't always understand the voodoo stuff they are putting me through in therapy, but it sure seems to be working!
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #90  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Pushing through Day 15. Yesterday was TOUGH, there was so much food at work and when I got home my hubby and I went out to buy a few things that we need and got chicken wings for dinner and I really, really had to be careful all day. I just kept wanting to binge, but I didn't deprive myself, I made sure to count calories and keep everything in control. I did not eat any of the massive amount of sweets at work, so I feel pretty good about that. This is hard some days, but I know it's going to be worth it.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote