3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Chicks in Control

Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

January Binge-Free Challenge

Old 01-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #61
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 305/274/199

Height: 5'5

Day 8 and working my way through Day 9. I feel a big change already in my overall energy because I am not bogging myself down with binges that always make me feel like crap afterward. TOM is always hardest for me binge wise since I crave, badly, sweets and chocolate and chips. So I have been enjoying an extra orange instead or whole grain popcorn. I think it's starting to make a difference for me, actually seeing how much control I DO have over myself.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #62

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

i've been doing ok for the last couple of days. i wake up way too late every day so i eat only breakfast and dinner and lots of cookies to get to my daily calories. i finally got my tom today after a few months and i'm so happy. i was supposed to return to my university today but i slept in so i decided to stay home for a few more days. my mom is forcing me to eat constantly, i don't know what's wrong with her, we argue a lot because of that and she says she thinks i don't eat enough and walk around hungry. if only she knew....
Old 01-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #63
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

9 days down! Hoping I can keep this up all month! The scale hasn't even gone down from my last binge which is depressing- not even a pound of water weight gone but- I guess thats all the more motivation to stay on track longer! maybe ill get a whoosh soon and get back to normal. (my stats are lying as of right now)
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #64

Well done everyone that is in control.

Tubolard - that is an incredible achievement.

I am still in control and my weight is gradually coming down. It still has 4 pounds to go to get to my pre Christmas low weight.

to us all

Last edited by omega : 01-10-2013 at 12:18 PM.
omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #65
Jessica

omega- I hope you get down to your pre-christmas weight quickly!

Today was 10 days for me and I had a 2 lb whoosh this morning! woo hoo! one step closer to my pre-binge craziness weight...
Old 01-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #66

S/C/G: 188/132.4/129.5

Height: 5'5"

Congrats, danzingurl!!!!

I am really craving a binge, but I haven't given in! Wish tomorrow evening would get here soon so that I can be done with work for the weekend, as well as eat some Christmas leftover raspberry bars that have been in my freezer calling my name...I am out of calories for today!

I'm also down to 130.0, which I haven't seen since late July! And I have started some strength training since then, so I probably have less bodyfat than I did before my mega-Olympic bingeing. Makes it just a little easier to resist, but I still wish I could give in to my urges! Going to make some tea and then go to bed.

Last edited by DoingMyBest79 : 01-10-2013 at 11:08 PM.
DoingMyBest79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #67

S/C/G: 283/255/199

Height: 5"6

Hey everyone! Happy 2013- may this be the year we all become happy and healthy! I just joined today and boy am I ready to shed some pounds! I have 2 mnths to lose 50 lbs in order to have surgery for endometriosis...and I could really use some pointers and kind words to keep me motivated...I have been doing great on my own since starting my weightloss in Dec 2012, but I'm feeling a bit fatigued and cranky....normal? Also, how do I get the little weight tracker scale thinger under my name?
nichole87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #68
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 305/274/199

Height: 5'5

Day 10, starting day 11. I didn't think I could go a full week without bingeing but I am doing it, working my way through week 2. It is super hard sometimes, especially at work when there is an abundance of food and chocolate. This has become a matter of discipline for me too, and I think it's exactly what I need.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #69
Jessica

Day 11 and I'm feeling pretty good. I try to calorie cycle and today is my higher-calorie day. So I let myself have a little treat, trying to learn moderation. My one peanut butter cup was delicious. Do I want 10 more? Absolutely... Haha but I enjoyed the one and that's all I need. I can so this. I can indulge a little without going insane. I can I can I can!!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #70

S/C/G: HW:238 CW:224.6 GW:120

Height: 4' 11"

So proud of myself today. No binges all month. However, today was different. I work at a bank, and my store manager brought in Oreos for everyone. My regional banking president sent us cookies and a HUGE jar of candy. Then two separate customers brought us donuts, 2 dozen krispy kremes, and 2 dozen donut holes... I didn't eat a single bit of it. I hate bragging, but I feel SO good for not giving into temptation today!! I just had to tell someone!!
AlyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #71

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'8

Today would be Day 9...
or maybe it is? I don't know. I feel like I went a little out of control with food, and ate when not hungry.... Which I think is partly because of getting my period, partly because of hanging out with a good friend for over 50 hours (a 2-night sleep over), and partly binge.
I'll call tomorrow Day 10 if I do really well, if any minor slip-ups, I'm starting over
PaintedPonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #72
Stay Focused & Committed

Height: 5" 5.5

Day 11 completed for me. Gotta keep it going

Mini Goals - Lose 10% of my weight:
Reach Onederland:
Jiggle Free Abs:
Reach 50 Pound Loss Mark:
Comfortably Fit a Size 12:
A for every 5 pounds loss:
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #73

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Great jobs everyone! This thread is really motivating!

The stomach flu really kicked my butt this week... Didn't eat for 2 days and then tried to make up for it. I'm just calling a do-over at this point.

"Slow down to go fast..." - Mike
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #74
Jessica

Barely hanging on to day 11... Coming on here when I feel like bingeing usually helps... So- this little post is just for my own mental health.

I have no reason to binge today. I have eaten enough calories (not the RIGHT calories though- which I'm sure is the problem). So it's just because I am craving junk food. Eating until im sick will not make me happier and will not have any lasting positive effect on me.
If I binge today- I'll enjoy it for probably an hour, maybe two.

If I binge today- I will regret it for at least an entire 24 hours. Probably closer to 48. I will be bloated and depressed tomorrow. I will go to the gym to punish myself, not to feel better. If I binge today, I will have a hard time eating healthy and making good choices tomorrow. If I binge today, I will want to hide all day Saturday and won't enjoy my only day off like I want to. If I binge today- I will not have met my goal of at least 12 days binge free (my last last longest was 11 days). If I binge today, I will be one step further away from my vacation goal body.

Wow- that chocolate orange callin my name is so not worth it. I'm going to break out a flavored water and feel so proud of myself tomorrow.

Thinking ahead to why I SHOULDN'T binge actually really helped. I'm also typing this on my phone, which had taken a while, and the urge to binge has all but disappeared. Yay :-)

I am TOTALLY going to tackle January like an all star. ;-)

BethC- I am glad you are over your stomach bug!!

Gettinfit- were doing it! I am fighting to keep up with you! :-)

Paintedponies- I think you have made a fair deal with yourself, and even more motivation to be great tomorrow!!

AlyN- you have got some incredible willpower!! I am very impressed!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #75

S/C/G: 205/181.2/140

Height: 5'6.5"

So far, January has been good -- 11 days without a binge. This is the longest I've gone .... ever. I've been making myself eat two bunches of kale or two heads of broccoli before I'm "allowed" to get (or think) about my usual binge items. By focusing on preparing the healthy food and then eating it, I'm actually too stuffed and tired to binge. I'm "full," but in a healthy way. I really want to treat myself to a full 30 days without succumbing to a binge. But, first, one day -- and sometimes one hour -- at a time. Good luck everyone!
EliseVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.