3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Chicks in Control

Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

January Binge-Free Challenge

Old 01-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #46

Well done everyone!

Betsy2013 - I would give the bubblegum away to the parents of the grandchildren for them to give out as a daily treat from you... then invest in some sugar free gum for yourself... reading your post I have just remembered that I had tons of the stuff in my big weight loss project a few years back - chewing on it whenever I had to deal with tempting food for other people to stop me from nibbling... I think that I had better get some again...

I managed to finish off yesterday without event.

My weight is up 1.4 pounds today but I know that it is all sodium as I had 200g smoked salmon as part of my main meal yesterday. I am not worried about it as I know that I was good with both my food and exercise and I know what caused it...

For my exercise I did a salsa lesson and a zumba class and with some walking ended up with a step count of 28,824 on my pedometer.

Hopefully my water today will help me wash away the sodium gain...

to us all...

omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #47

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'8

Today went pretty well! I made the food, had some pancakes and oatmeal for breakfast- a bit more food than I would have liked to eat, but I didn't binge on the batter or anything like that. I made the cupcakes and washed the bowl without even licking it or the spoon!
I had half of an un-iced cupcake, didn't finish the rest.

I also did well for lunch, I came close to binging on soup, but I put everything into a pyrex dish and put it in the fridge long before finishing it!
I then had a salad.

For dinner, I'm thinking either another salad or a muskmelon, depending on what I want.
No workout today, and I have to say, I'm a little afraid to weigh myself tomorrow...

So, day 4 for me. Good luck everyone!
PaintedPonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #48

S/C/G: HW:236 CW:? GW:130

Height: 5 foot 5

Still no binges, since Oct 3, 2012. I have no idea how many days that is and am way to lazy tonight to figure it out, lol. I know everyone here is strong enough to beat the binge monster!!! New year, new chance to start fresh and take control!! I don't come in here very often anymore but I wanted to wish you all luck and to let you know I believe in each one of you in stopping the bingeing cycle!!

tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #49

S/C/G: 116/116/110

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend and having a relaxing Sunday evening. Sounds like we have a lot of posititive energy going on which is great for a New Year! I am feeling pretty good and in a good place. I've been journaling my food like mad. I feel like I need to do this religiously to get back to where I was. I'm always much more successful. It would be so nice to be less black and white with eating, but I guess that's why we're all here on this board.

TuboLard-Its so amazing and inspiring that you are at this place. I'm really happy for you and hope I can get there soon.

Omega-Salmon is so good for you and tasty, definitely worth the Sodium gain....and it has Omega 3s...(sorry, the pun was so tempting.)

Betsy, I like gum too. I'm hooked on the flavored strawberry Trident sugar free gum. It tastes like candy and I can go through a pack in a day. So definitely go sugar free until you get a handle with the gum habit! I'm trying mints lately so that I'm not the annoying gum chewer in the office. Starting to feel self conscious!

Well lovely ladies, I hope you have a great start to your week!

Last edited by laceyj : 01-06-2013 at 08:50 PM.
laceyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #50
Stay Focused & Committed

Height: 5" 5.5

tubolard - That is so great to have been binge free since Oct

Day 6 for me. It's been pretty easy so far but know I'll be challenged at some point. I just hope I'm sttrong enough to survive it.

Have a great evening everyone.

Mini Goals - Lose 10% of my weight:
Reach Onederland:
Jiggle Free Abs:
Reach 50 Pound Loss Mark:
Comfortably Fit a Size 12:
A for every 5 pounds loss:
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #51
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 305/290/205

Height: 5'5

So my husband and I got doughnuts Sunday morning as we did not have anything to eat for breakfast (miscalculated at the grocery store LOL) and I had three. I accounted for them and logged them in, but did not go overboard on my calories and did not binge. When I ended up craving sugar later on yesterday, I had two navel oranges. So as of right now, I am 6 days binge free.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #52

Tubolard- That's awesome! I think that puts you at 95 days binge-free
Pink hurricane- nice! Big breakfasts tend to get me over my calorie limit.

I had another big breakfast today, and a cupcake (I was going to have it last night, but decided I didn't need it- a success!). I took my dog for an hour long walk, and for lunch, I had a big salad with a goddess dressing. I had a huge urge to binge, so I had a pear, apple, kiwi, and some chocolate. I'll workout later today and will try to keep dinner light. This is Day 5 for me

Oh! And I weighed in at 173 lbs today. It's 2 lbs up from last Tuesday, but it's less than what I was weighing the rest of the week.

Last edited by PaintedPonies : 01-07-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #53
Stay Focused & Committed

Great job on staying in control Pink Hurricane.

Day 7 done and on to day 8

Reach Onederland:
Jiggle Free Abs:
Old 01-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #54

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Great work everyone!

Day 14 and counting... I seem to have a stomach flu, I can't eat anything

"Slow down to go fast..." - Mike

Last edited by BethC : 01-07-2013 at 08:33 PM.
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #55
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

I'm so happy for everyone who has been doing so well!

BethC- I hope that stomach flu clears up quickly! Congratulations on the 14 days, that's really great!

gettingfit- good job! hope day 8 goes well for you!

I am also a big gum chewer! I love the "dessert delights" sugar free gum... thats the "treat" that was in my stocking form DH.

7 days down for me! I was feeling great and like everything was so easy- and then I got home and had an *almost* overwhelming desire to binge. I let the thought sit there for a second and imagined how nice it would be to just dive into some peanut butter- but I pushed the thought away and replaced it with an image of me looking and feeling great- and the desire to binge vanished. I ate a normal dinner and am now chomping on some delicious apple pie gum
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #56

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Day 43 - check. About to go to bed. Today was tough, but surprisingly not because of binging. I am not supposed to restrict calories as I try to break my binge cycle, but my success from having a binge-free vacation coupled with all these weight loss images on TV, are making me want to go into dieting mode again.

I know I have lost some weight, simply because I have exercised so much. But I don't really want to lose more because I won't be treating the #1 problem which is binge eating. At the same time, I do want to lose weight because I enjoy feeling slimmer.

Anyway, I haven't restricted, as much as I want to, and I remain binge free in 2013. Just getting a bit tougher...
Old 01-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #57
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 305/290/205

Height: 5'5

Thanks! Everyone is doing so great! I should definitely check out some sugar free gum, I think it would definitely help with my sweet tooth.

Day 7 and counting, it's hard work but I am constantly reminding myself on why I am doing this, for me.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #58

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Day 15... feeling better today, I think the worst is over.

"Slow down to go fast..." - Mike
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #59

BethC- congrats on getting over the 2 week mark, and glad you're feeling better. My mom has been really sick too, but she seems to be in recovery mode today

danzigurl- awesome job stopping the binge!!! I absolutely love the feeling of pride when I stop a binge

Today is Day 6. It quickly became a cheat day. I had a big bowl of cereal for breakfast. 2 hours later, I had pancakes. They were whole wheat, with oats and bananas, so they were healthy. But I wanted more of them. I wanted a second cupcake, but I didn't have one, and I didn't finish the pancakes
I'm making chili right now, and I'm just gonna nibble for the rest of the day. I had a good workout, so it's okay, I'm just avoiding wheat products
Old 01-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #60
Stay Focused & Committed

Day 8 for me

BethC - Glad you're feeling better.

Reach Onederland:
Jiggle Free Abs:
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.