Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #31  
Happiness, Peace, & Love

S/C/G: 250 / 250 / 160

Height: 6'0"

Didnt binge last night- just wanted to eat more than usual (stress eat). Got a burger, shake, and fries- but I was semi-smart about it (if I was smart I wouldn't have gotten the stuff in the first place). Drank only 1/2 shake (put it in the freezer for later), ate only the parts of the burger I wanted (I would say I left at least 1/3 behind) and ate my fries.

My body hates me this morning- I haven't had one of those burgers in ages so it's not use to the junk. Good reminder to avoid such nasty food.

Doing well otherwise- hubby is a big help. He's dropping weight without problems and doesn't have the food issues that I do, so I tend to want to stick with this better just to prove to him I can do it (and prove to myself too of course).
Angeldove97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #32  
Happiness, Peace, & Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKatFan View Post
January 4 and still binge free. Today is Binge Free Day #40!

Excellent work! Keep it up
Old 01-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 415/413/150

Height: 5'7"

Well today starts day one for me. I am feeling pretty good about it : )
queennellie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Good job everyone!!

Today is day 12... We went out to dinner last night, I ordered the best choice I could and let it go at that, no before or after eating that usually comes with it. I'm a little nervous since I have't been at this point in a long time, but feeling really good!!

Last edited by BethC; 01-05-2013 at 11:24 AM.
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #35  

PaintedPonies and Laceyj - I am sorry about the slips since I posted. I think that you have done brilliantly to admit to them and put them behind you. They are so easy... we have all been there...

Everyone else is doing brilliantly.

I did well on 3rd - everything on plan.
I had a really busy day on 4th - spending it with friends... while it wasnt perfect eating (as I had a yorkshire pudding as part of my meal and a piece of chocolate orange cake for dessert) so it would not help me lose weight - it was controlled in that it was not a binge... I didnt eat a whole cake or anything... As not good days go - I was pretty pleased with it...

Today is going well so far.
omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #36  

Height: 5'8"

Default Day 1

Found this site poking around on the net. I need it. Have been bingeing off and on for too long. Am afraid to step on the scale, but I need to know what I am up against. So, will weigh myself tomorrow morning and begin my commitment to a rest-of-January on plan.

Plan for me means 3 small carb servings, 3 small protein servings, 1 50-calorie fat serving, unlimited fruit and vegetables, and 1 200-calorie dessert. I have done this with much success.

One of my biggest problems is staying up late and bingeing while everyone is asleep. Solving my sleep disorder will go along way in the effort toward solving my eating one. About 11:00pm I start to get nervous, afraid I won't be able to fall asleep. I watch tv and eat until either I pass out or daylight breaks and I make coffee.

Last night I made myself get in bed at 11:00, even though I didn't feel sleepy, read a bit, and, wonder of wonders, feel asleep!
Aumama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #37  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Welcome Aumama and Queennellie78. I wish you both success on staying binge free

Aumama - I hope you're able solve your sleep disorder. I'm sure that's no fun.

Day 5 behind me and I'm feeling so strong.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'8

Angeldove97- Awesome job eating only parts of your food and putting the rest away! I still have a lot of trouble doing that

omega- whenever I eat dessert or super good food without binging on it, I feel so satisfied, so good for you!

Aumama- I really like your food allowances, I might give that a try (especially the unlimited fruits and veggies )

Day 3 for me today! Breakfast was a little rocky, but I turned it around with eating lots of fruits and salads for the rest of the day. I didn't have the unneeded bread with lunch, and I didn't have more food after dinner, nor did I go crazy with the chocolate I snacked on.

Tomorrow will be especially challenging. I'm making oatmeal and pancakes for my family in the morning, and have to make a couple dozen cupcakes for my mom's colleagues. I can do this without a binge.... Wish me luck!
PaintedPonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #39  

Paintedponies--it is so hard for me to cook something I can't eat! Wishing you strength.

Had a nice dinner with my husband and am enjoying playoff football. Three hours to bedtime.
Aumama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #40  
Happiness, Peace, & Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintedPonies View Post
Angeldove97- Awesome job eating only parts of your food and putting the rest away! I still have a lot of trouble doing that
It's a new habit of mine- I'm still plagued with the idea that I shouldn't waste food (and I don't like reheating food). But I know better: the bread with mayo is not going to taste as good as the burger with blue cheese, bacon, and onions, so I can same a few calories by tossing the bun.

But I'll admit that sandwich I made today was way healthier for me, a lot less calories, and even tasted way better than last night's burger. So I'm happy to be able to try new things
Old 01-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #41  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

today is my day 3. i stepped on a scale today and i can't believe how i could gain 10 pounds in one month. now i have even more to lose.
it struck me yesterday that i am prolonging this relosing weight because i'm affraid that i will fail again like before and regain weight again. i have so many mixed feelings about this. one day i'm so confident but the next day i feel like it's no use doing it again. blaaah...i just needed to vent
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 415/413/150

Default Lost it last night

Well I went a Lil crazy. I think I am just freaking out about starting to live a better life. The unknown is scary. Lol I think I am crazy but my old habits bring comfort even if only for a moment. I am back at it today: ) try try and try again
queennellie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

A support group for bingers (is that a word?). Thank heavens -- I'm evidently not alone after all. I'm new to the 3FC world, and still somewhat exploring all of the groups. Count me in on the challenge. My biggest downfall right now seems to be staying away from.....you're not going to believe this because I don't.......Double Bubble Gum Balls. Bought a box to have on hand for the grands, it arrived with 480 machine size gum balls which I have made the mistake of enjoying. Unfortunately, they lose flavor fast so I pop another one. With 480, it takes a long time before they make a dent. And they're pure sugar so the next day I have always gained at least a pound, my arthritis is killing me and my skin looks like I'm an extra in a horror movie who forgot to take off her makeup.

So count me in. And I'll stay away from potato chips, ice cream, and Hershey kisses, too!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #44  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Wow we have such a big January group I can hardly keep up!! Today I am starting day 6, yesterday did feel quite a but easier to get through (thank heavens) but I am wary that those urges are always right around the corner... DH and I are planning to go on a beach vacation at the end of march/beginning of April- so that's my motivation for now ;-)

Hope everyone is finding success in January and doing well! :-)
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Day 13...

No binging or out of control eating, which is my biggest issue... I need to focus, we've eaten out a few times this weekend.
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote