January Binge-Free Challenge

You're on Page 2 of 11
Go to
  • I've made it through day 2 of no binging and I ate very good within my calorie range and I got in my workout.

Congrats to everyone who has been binge free. Let's all keep up the great work
  • I'm so happy to see so many people have joined! I am finishing up day two- and having a little bit of a struggle for some reason. Hoping that tomorrow gets easier.... because for the last 72 hours, all I can think about is food. Its actually getting annoying. :P
  • Well done everyone...

January 2nd went well here... No madness... I'm hoping for a good day today...
  • I did well last night- cut my Chipotle salad in half (hubby got extra stuff put on it that I didn't want to have so I made the right choice by cutting it in half) and I did have a SmartChoice dessert before bed since I was honestly hungry. No binging or overeating for me

Already have my meals planned for today. Going to wait another hour (or two) before I have breakfast. Have good one!!
  • Beginning of day 10.

I started reading Brain over Binge, I've got to come up with a plan for when I'm back in the office Monday.
  • Things went downhill after coming home from workout yesterday. I wasn't hungry, and planned on not eating (it was around 20:30 already), but my dad made pasta, so I decided to have some healthy zucchini noodles with pasta sauce. I did have that, but also with lots of bread and 2 persimmons. I felt so nauseas, then had tons of granola and pumpkin pudding >.<
    BUT!!! I wanted to finish the pumpkin pudding and granola, saying to myself that the day was already ruined, so I might as well finish up those 'trigger foods' so I wouldn't be able to have anything the following day, but I said no. So I am getting stronger.

Today was better. I did snack on a lot of granola and had TONS of green beans, but I was hungry. I'm going to go to the gym later, and will try hard to not eat afterwards And that will bring me back to Day 1

danzigurl- I know how you feel... Food is on my mind so much. I feel like I'm trapped in this food-obsession... I really hope I can break this.
    Also, welcome all newcommers!
  • PaintedPonies - I'm glad it's getting better for you and great job on not finishing off your trigger foods. I do the same thing.

Congrats to everyone else who made it through another OP day.

I've got 3 days down now and am looking forward to day 4 tomorrow.
  • I binged bad on chocolate and cake (like a ton) yesterday and I feel so shi**y today! I canceled my plans for tonight because I feel like such a whale! I rescheduled, but still feel guilty for lying about being sick to my friend. It's so hard to admit this stuff! I haven't really been on this thread too much because I think I feel a lot of pressure to report back and be binge free. But it's always nice to come back when you mess up!

Danzingurl, thanks for starting this thread every month!

PaintedPonies, it's so hard to stop mid-binge. Good for you!
  • 3 days binge free and it is still feeling like an ETERNITY! funny how some weeks seem pretty effortless and others I fight tooth and nail for every hour of binge-free-ness. :P I am fighting these last few days, but I am winning so far.
    Hopefully tomorrow will be a little easier- because I am GOING to make my 13 day mini goal. My brain better just deal with it and stop crying about wanting junk food. hah.

laceyj- I am happy to start it! This thread is a good motivator for me when I feel myself slipping... I dont want to report back that I binged!!

Gettin fit- looks like were on the same count! lets get through the whole month together!

paintedponies- yeah the food obsession can get overwhelming, huh? Great job on stopping your binge early though! thats the toughest thing!

bethc- I really liked that book and seemed to get a lot out of it- I hope it helps you also!

angeldove- thats willpower. I dont think I have ever stopped eating before licking my plate. I have to be careful of how much I serve myself

omega- I hope you did have a good day today!
  • Starting Day 11...

Danzingurl - thanks, I actually talked about it in therapy, it's very true that I've convinced myself that I need to overeat for certain reasons (stress, work, hubby, etc) but the binge is a big part of the problem in itself.

When I said to her "what if I just don't do it?" She looked at me like I had discovered gold in her office.
  • BethC- congratulations on 11 days! That's great!!

Finishing up day 4 here... Today was a little easier, so I hope things continue to improve and I can finally stop this madness!
  • I made it through day 4.

Congrats to everyone who made it through another day.

danzingurl77 - OK we WILL make it through the entire month w/o a binge.

laceyj - Sorry about your slip up with the cake and I hope you're feeling better and made it through today.
  • January 4 and still binge free. Today is Binge Free Day #40!
  • lacy- I know where you're coming from- I've rearranged and changed plans because of food, too. It's never fun :\

Today was day 2. I had some mindless snacking, but I was always able to stop when I got a hold of things, so that's good. I've been noticing that many times when I'm about to go for food, like a half of a pb&j or whatever, it's not because I'm hungry, or because I want it, but it's just out of habit. I need to break that.

I had a great workout today, too, and tomorrow will be day 3!

May this weekend bring success to all!
  • I am newbie and this sounds perfect for me
    I am so excited to see so many people working on the same problems that I have . I am super inspired by all of your post. Looking forward to the challenge.