Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #151  
You can call me Betty

S/C/G: 177/too much/145

Height: 5'8-ish

Thanks for the nice welcomes. I'm glad to be here.

KittyKatFan -- thanks for sharing so much info, I don't think you can bore us on this topic. I would love to hear EVERYTHING you have to say. 65 days is a major inspiration. Well done you!

Carolina -- Great job on Day 5! Anxiety is a trigger for me as well. Though sometimes I think *everything* is a trigger for me.

Danzingurl -- Day 5 for you too, wow, congratulations! A long binge-free streak sounds so lovely. I want that too.

Well, I did better eating healthy yesterday, but was not completely binge-free, even though it was a small binge it still was still a binge. Very disappointed with myself.

Today I am on plan and really hanging on for dear life. That sounds so silly in my head -- I mean how hard can it be to just stay out of the food, right? I can't believe how much noise is in my head though. I keep telling myself that each day ti will get easier, so just focus on today. I can't change yesterday or any of the days before that, but I can shape today however I choose.
MayoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:28 PM   #152  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

jalsa-thank you so much for such a long answe...you can definitely not bore us with such helpful informations i'm glad it's working out for you

carolina-welcome and great job on 5 days...anxiety was my huge trigger to but since i'm staying in a stress free environment (away from my family) my anxiety has decreased. good luck with your therapy

mayolover-we've all been there, possesed by food, hat of to you for being able to lose weight despite binging

danzigurl-has it already been 5 days...it goes by so fast...good job!!

i finished day 18 today. i had some heart pain today...i don't know how it's called...a heartache?? but not from a broken heart but like literally my heart was in pain and i think it's because i haven't been eating enough last few days. i've sensed this kind of pain in my previous weight loss attempt. it was a bit scary. and i have a new obsession..i've been stalking my sexy neighbour across the street i have a direct view into his appartment from my room and he doesn't have curtains so my roomate and i watched him in the dark while he was cooking dinner and praying that he doesn't have a girlfriend...it was so funny lol i have too much free time haha
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina1995 View Post
KittyKatFan - how awesome! You are not rambling, but making sense and providing great information. 64 days, WOW! How encouraging. I am in personal therapy and learning how to deal with anxiety, which is a huge trigger for me. She always says the food will be there, too. Do you do one-on-one therapy or group?
Both, but predominantly group. I had never done group therapy so that was weird at first. It doesn't bother me now. It is hard to go into these sessions when you first start and not judge others, or to feel like you are being judged. It really is interesting to see how varied the backgrounds and experiences are in the group.

What is most amazing to me is that I am being challenged to try different foods, including those that I personally don't think I should ever touch again. Foods that got me off track in the first place. I have to bring food for a my evening meal (we have to eat there so the dieticians can help with portion sizes and as part of the therapy process) and I always bring "healthy" food like chicken, veggies, and whole grains - would prefer not to eat the carb but carbs are required - but I have challenged myself to bring a takeout meal at my next session.

The problem is, those foods I used to crave just don't excite me much now. I actually like the "healthy" stuff. I have been spending lots of time in the past two days trying to think of a food I crave so I can bring it to dinner, but I can't really think of anything I desperately want. And surprisingly, even though this challenge is making me think about foods I used to salivate over, the thoughts haven't pushed me into thoughts of binging or being out of control.

I will try to bring something I wouldn't normally bring except when I'm in binge mode, just so I can learn to cope. I still worry that doing so will make me regain everything, but it is time to really test myself, while still with a professional support team there for me in case I need help. Better to test myself now than to wait until I get out of the program and potentially fail....
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:14 PM   #154  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Missunshine- I about died laughing about your post!! I can just picture you peeking through the window. You definitely need to go chat that guy up!! And good job on the 18 days!

Kittykatfan- you are much more brave than I am... I don't think there is any chance I could just calmly eat my trigger meals- but I think that getting rid of the "I am not allowed to eat that" mentality is a great tool. Thanks for sharing your insights!

Carolina- I think we might be on the same count f days! We can be a team! ;-)

Mayolover- I totally know what you mean about those hanging on for deal life moments. When I think about them in calmer moments it seems so silly- but during those cravings it can get really intense!

Today will make 6 days for me. Tomorrow is my monthly "weigh and measure and take pictures" day- which pretty much scares me into an extreme desire to stay on track- I think I'll be safe today, but tomorrow after I get my results I know I will have to really be strong.

Happy last day of January!!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:59 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 168/162/125

Height: 5'5"

Misssunshine: I agree with danzingurl, go for it, as long as you like what you saw! How's the pain? Hope you're ok. Are you on a low cal mor low carb diet? Just be careful.

Danzingurl: I'm in, we're a team! My day 6 is doing great. We almost at a week! Is your monthly weigh, measure, etc. part of a program you are on?

KittyKatKfan: sounds like a wonderful program. I look forward to the day I can eat anything in front of anyone without guilt, self-judgement and without using it as an excuse to get completely out of control. Keep us posted!

MayoLover: hang in there. I think a big part of my therapy is saying out loud what's going on in my head. When you hear yourself saying it (or I this case, typing it) you start to see the faulty thinking and how illogical we can be with the conversations in our head. Sometimes I get sick of hearing myself say the same stupid things over and over... But, it's a process of learning what is driving the behavior and dealing with those things head on. They may hurt, but you have to feel the hurt, not stuff it with food. For me, much of it is issues with my daughter. Lot's of pain and loss and unnecessary guilt. I'm learning to set boundaries, and it's really helping.

Jalsa: I totally understand. It's like an out of body experience. It seems like you have to do it and you don't see or hear anything else. My therapist always says I am giving food a lot of power. How was your day today?

Bye bye January, hello fabulous February !
Carolina1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #156  

I managed to have a binge free January which has to be good...
last binge 27/12/2012...

I have removed my Christmas gain and back eroding the gain of last year...

I have gained pretty consistently for the past 2 years...
omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 168/162/125

Height: 5'5"

Omega: Congratulations!!!! What a fabulous accomplishment! Very encouraging. I am on day 7 and looking forward to a binge free February.
Carolina1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #158  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

danzigurl- haha it's become a habit. i stalk him every night. i could never ask him anything because i'm probably out of his league and i never see him on the street during the day. i intentionally started leaving my blinds up so hopefully he'll peak to my direction haha

carolina- i haven't had any pain since then, thank you for asking. i'm trying to do low cal diet from 1500-1700 cal but i keep eating under my daily allowance. like yesterday i wasn't home all day so i ended up eating only breakfast and dinner together around 900 cal. i was up late and around 2 am i was so hungry i couldn't fall asleep but i was too lazy to get up and eat something. it's weird, if i tell myself that the limit is around 1250 i end up binging but if i limit up to 1700 it's ok cause i rarely go overboard. i'm always at the extreme. i know, i'm weird

omega- well keep it up. 2013 will not be the year of gaining for us, it can either be year of losing or maintaining

it's day 20 today. i'm so proud and feel confident. there were so many triggers but i resisted quite easily. and i think the fact that i don't weigh myself is also helping very much. i went shopping yesterday and finally fit into a pair of skinny leather pants. next week i'm going home and a bit sceptical as to my moms obsessive cooking everytime i'm home but i'll try to do my best. it's only a week.
february is gonna be short, only 27 days left for me lol
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote