Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/225/160

Height: 5 foot 3 inches

Question Back on the bandwagon again....

I can not tell you how many times I have gone through the cycles of loosing weight and eating healthy and then just deviating from my healthy habits. This is getting really old. The last 2 years have been horrible. I have gained 80lbs over the last 2 years. I just need to jump on the bandwagon and get through and be healthy for myself. I seem to always do good for a few weeks and then I start to get the cravings for junk food and thats it. My boyfriend is super supportive and does not push me to lose weight but he always makes little comments like "that shirt looks tight on you", "why dont you keep some of your smaller clothes for when you get smaller". It hurts my feelings and I dont let him know that. I guess he just says things like that without really thinking about it. I have looked into joining Weight Watchers but I have not been keen on dishing out $50 a month when I already have so many other bills to deal with. I feel like I really do need the extra help when it comes to being motivated. I have gotten myself to the point where I am not binging as much as I have, especially waking up in the middle of the night every night and going on a binge. Some other things in my life have evened out and I am feeling better and having more energy during the day. I never wanted to get where I am right now with my weight. I feel gross and I know that it is not healty for me to have all of this extra weight on myself. I guess I just need some advice. I have tried diet shakes such as slim fast and adkins but those have pretty much always failed because I have such a sweet tooth. I have gotten better during the last few weeks and I think that I am ready to get back on the bandwagon to make a change for good. I just needed to rant and hopefully have someone give me some sort of advice and hope that someone will ready my super long rant :rolleyes
angelsandfairies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #2  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

You are definitely in the right place so welcome back to the bandwagon! I know where you are coming from on the weight gain part. I had lost 90 pounds and ended up getting comfortable and putting back on 45 of it. I am now in the process of losing the excess that I had gained back, as well as an extra 10-20 to reach my goal and then maintain. My suggestion is to stick with it, allow yourself a cheat day and don't go on a binging spree but don't deny yourself either. Follow an exercise regimen that you enjoy, mix things up, and understand that your boyfriend is trying to give you support, not reallizing he could be hurting your feelings. At least from his comments that is what I am picking up. It's good that he is supportive of you though.

Also check out some challenges to be a part of so you can get more motivation and extra support from people from all walks of life and could be in a similar boat as you. You can do this!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #3  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Congratulations on deciding to get healthier now - it's a tough time of year, but you can start in with the healthy habits and by the time things settle down after the holidays, you'll be in good shape to keep it rolling when so many others will be just starting with their resolutions.

There is no secret quick loss formula - be conscious of eating healthier and in smaller portions, be aware of what you're eating specifically, and move more and don't let the number on the scale get into your head! Use a tape measure now and then you'll see what progress you're making. Sounds like your boyfriend is going to be there to help you - let him know directly what will help you the MOST. And count on him for that.

Sometimes support is much better than advice. Good luck!!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Good luck to you, angelsandfairies! Try South Beach Diet, I'm on it and have been for one week, and I crave water. I lost 8.6lbs, but then I was a little over 300lbs. Good luck to you, and congrats for taking the first step!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/225/160

Height: 5 foot 3 inches

Thank you so much everyone for your support and kind words! That is why I love this forum and the support everyone gives each other. It is so great that there are other people out there that understand me. Thank you!
angelsandfairies is offline   Reply With Quote