3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Chicks in Control

Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

December Binge Free Challenge!

Old 12-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #76

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'8

Today was a success.
I did enjoy a couple of cookies and some peppermint bark, but I didn't lose control.
I'm not sure if I ate at a significant deficit or not. I didn't work out today (it's snowy/icy out, so my parents didn't want to drive), but I did get in some walking.

I'm so happy- I wanted to finish what's left of the peppermint bark, make granola bars (even though we have tooonns of cookies), have more leftovers, and other urges, but I didn't give in to any.
And tomorrow will be day 2!
PaintedPonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:41 AM   #77
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

^^^ peppermint bark- you are stronger than me to resist that!!

I ate a ton of food on Christmas but it was just because I wanted to- not because I "had" to... It wasn't sneaky and I don't feel guilty at all about it. Definitely binge-level calories, but not really a binge mindset.

I'm back on track today though :-)
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #78

I ate way too much of it the day I made it, so maybe that's why?

I definitely know that not-sneaky feeling. It's oddly empowering to openly indulge in food.

Today has been a little bit harder for me. I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and some pumpkin pudding. For lunch, I had zucchini noodles and steamed kale (low cal but high volume food), then a pear and a kiwi, tons of popcorn (no butter, tiny amount of oil, too much salt), some chocolate chips, a cookie, dried cranberries, and 1/2 slice of bread with some earth balance vegan butter. I think that puts me around 1500-1800 calories.
It's okay, because I had such a strong urge to binge, but I satisfied it with 2 or 3 Tbsp of chocolate chips and one cookie (the last one that was left- thank goodness).
I walked for about an hour and a half, will go to the gym later on, and probably walk my dog, so I'm not too worried about the extra calories.

If I can get through today binge free, then I'll be happy. And I'll be visiting family for the next 3 days, so I'll have no time for binging.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #79

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

i've been partying and eating way too much these past few days. my daily routine hac comepletely turned around...i wake up around 2 pm and have a breakfast, then dinner and usually when i get home in the middle of the night i get hungry and eat and go to bed. it's just a mess because of the holidays and i spend a lot of time with friends before i leave. i'm not going out tonight and tomorrow so i'm hoping to establish a new sleeping schedule after new year. today is day 2 since my last binge, but i'm not sure if it even was a binge, i was so hungry and i ate a huge rice krispies chocolate.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #80
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Paintedponies- how is your family visit? Famy visits are hard for me! I hope you have been able to enjoy your family and not stress about food!

Missunshine- how's that sleep schedule? I wouldn't count that as a binge- but, it's the feeling more than the quantity of food.

Today will be day 15 without a binge!! I ABSOLUTELY over ate on Christmas, but I wasn't an out of control freak, so I'm not counting it. I have had only 5 days out of my calorie range this month, it's a miracle! ;-)
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #81

S/C/G: 331/164/164

My vacation is over tomorrow, and guess what: I am still binge-free for December

In fact, once today is under my belt, which it will be soon (ordering a very healthy dinner and no dessert), I will be 35 consecutive days binge-free!!! Only 26 to go to beat my all-time best.

I never thought I could do it, given that I have always failed miserably while on vacations and business trips. I had a day or two where I didn't or couldn't follow plan exactly and a couple days where I may or may not have over eaten a bit (which I can forgive myself for when I'm hiking up to 7 hours/day), but no binges.

Of course, I have had some evil thoughts pop up, like ordering a pizza and pigging out for New Years, but those thoughts haven't been too common, and the coping skills I have begun to learn in treatment seem to have helped a lot.

Very proud right now

Last edited by KittyKatFan : 01-01-2013 at 12:40 AM.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:39 AM   #82

S/C/G: 331/164/164

I did it: a binge-free December!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #83

Happy new year everyone!

misssunshine- don't sweat it It was the holidays. Enjoying yourself keeps your sanity!

danzigurl- My aunt isn't very supportive of my vegan diet, so there's really not a lot of food for me to eat. I spent nearly the entire time hungry. I weighed 3 lbs less when I weighed myself when I got back! I've been eating a lot today (we got home early evening) to make up for it. I'm okay with it, I'm not out of control. So that would mean today is day 7. One week.

kittykatfan- Congrats!! I hope to go through january without a binge.
Which, I guess means that this thread is over with.
Good luck with the new year everybody
Old 01-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #84

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Day 7!

"Slow down to go fast..." - Mike
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.