Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #121  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubolard View Post
Talking of Hersheys, in one of my local stores they had a 5 pounds Hersheys bar. Can you imagine! My 13 year old son saw it first and was almost drooling I think, lol.
I saw packages of two 1/2 pound (Yes, each cup was 1/2 pound) Reeses Peanut Butter Cups alongside "slice and serve" Snicker's bars! Is it totally disgusting that I KNOW I could easily put them both down?

Last edited by JossFit; 11-19-2012 at 02:35 PM.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #122  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

^^wow that's insane.

i've been binge free for two days which is a huge success for me. the wait for results of my scolarship is killing me.. all i wanna do is eat while i can, while i'm still alone here. my biggest fear is that i will get depressed too beside my eating disorder.
yesterday i bought some nutella for "crepes" but i forgot it at the cash register...lucky me
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #123  
Lifestyle Changer

S/C/G: see sig

Height: 5' 6"

today is the first day of the rest of my life and it has been binge free!
Rhonda Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 82.2/78.5/64

Height: 176

Yesterday was binge free. It was pretty much a perfect day, and I even did extra excercise on top of the weight lifting. I'm experimenting with putting more sugar into my diet to see if it will help stop with bingeing. Before I was trying to give up sweets but I think that may have been making the problem worse. I've also started journalling about my weight loss journey, focusing mainly on giving up bingeing, and it seems to be helping.
AmyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #125  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Amyamy- great job on your good day yesterday!

Jossfit- you better believe I could EASILY eat both of those... That reecees is insane. Great job on the no-binges though!

Missunshine- it's good to see you hanging in here

Rhonda Marie- congratulations

Day 7 for me! It's not quite over and DH is out at a basketball game, so I'm going to go watch tv on the bike at the gym until its over. I'm pretty tired from my workout earlier but it will get me out of the house!! Good luck to everyone this week!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 188/132.4/129.5

Height: 5'5"

Amy - great job!!!!! Way to go on your near-perfect day!!

Danzingurl - I hope you were able to end the day on a good note!!

I binged last night - darn it!! At least the damage was a little less than normal - 3,500 calories for the day, which means the damage was only 1,650 (assuming maintenance calories of 1,850). The really frustrating thing is that I could have saved those extra calories for Thanksgiving Day, and had a splurge meal!! Oh well, I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I can't change what I did, but I can change my response to it! I'm committed to an on-plan day today, and I'm eating light today but not severely restricting like I often do after a binge. In a few days, those extra calories will have been used up, and I'll be right back on track! I'm also committed to having a positive attitude about my slip-up!

The funny thing is, when I stopped eating (because I had no more food) I wasn't sick or overly stuffed. I was just full. And when I woke up this morning, I didn't feel sick or gassy like I normally do after a binge; I just felt full. I have been over-restricting lately; I think part of the problem was that my body was hungry! It needed food! I'm going to be more vigilant to not let myself get to this point again, where my body craves calories due to undereating. Too bad I gave my body 1,650 extra calories of junk instead of 1,650 extra calories of nourishing food..Oh well. I'm forgiving myself and moving on.

Hope everyone else is having a good day today!

Last edited by DoingMyBest79; 11-20-2012 at 01:54 PM.
DoingMyBest79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #127  

The staff lounge has had Thanksgiving meals today and yesterday, plus it is free. Free stuffing, pie, turkey, gravy, potatoes... yumyum!

The positive thing is that I have tried to record everything I have eaten, even if I have eaten a lot more than I wanted of unhealthy food. I found myself eating when I didn't want too and I barely tried to fight it. I was also thinking that it didn't matter since I am having a friend Thanksgiving and a family Thanksgiving, so the week is "already a wash."

I don't know if I am going to lose weight this week. It takes a lot of patience and endurance to hang in there. This is my fourth week of writing everything down and being really aware all the time and I am getting drained. I met a goal last week and I feel good about it. I am even wearing some pants right now that I haven't worn for a while.

I'm just getting sick of it, I guess. In a way, it's easier to just eat what ever you want.

But in a lot of ways, it's so much harder to live with a life like that, where my stomach hurts all the time. Sometimes I don't even like what I'm eating when I am eating it.
Ferny1730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #128  
Jessica

8 days! I haven't felt so in control in a while! I don't even WANT to eat like crazy on thanksgiving because it feels so good to feel this way. But I better be careful because its always the minute I get too confident that I binge. So- I'm cautiously celebrating ;-)
Old 11-21-2012, 07:12 AM   #129  

danzigurl- yeah well, when i'm not here it usually measn i binged and i feel embarassed, just like one of you wrote a couple of posts prior. :/
i wish i had your control ...i don't know how i woud handle thanksgiving day if we celebrated one 0.o
i had a minor binge yesterday, and i figured out why i binged so much lately...it's not nothing groundbreaking it's just the fact that my body has been craving cooked meals and for the past month i've been eating only quick prepared meals like sandwiches, toast and jelly, eggs and cereals, etc but nothing really home cooked because i hate cooking in this kitchen because it's so disgusting. so i'd rather buy a bag of cookies and eat that. but now i'm gonna start cooking more and pack it in the freezer and just microwawe it. i hope it will work and hopefully i will be moving next week to a much prettier kitchen so i'll be able to cook normally.
we've been out of gas because the owner hasn't paid the bill and i can't even cook, shower or turn on the heating i'm pissed, freezing,and walking around with dirty hair. i almost binged today for breakfast but i eneded up overeating from my leftover cookies. i wish i could say today is gonna be a good day, but i can't.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 238/238/154

Height: 5'5

I know I'm abit late but only just found this forum and this is a great idea. I binge terribly when I get miserable and if I can do the rest of the month without bingeing I'd be very impressed with myself.

Missunshine - I really feel for you, I've been in a similar position, no gas - so no hot water or the ability to cook, I ended up bingeing on takeaways every night so I really hope your move goes well and your new kitchen is much nicer.
Oops A Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #131  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossFit View Post
I saw packages of two 1/2 pound (Yes, each cup was 1/2 pound) Reeses Peanut Butter Cups alongside "slice and serve" Snicker's bars! Is it totally disgusting that I KNOW I could easily put them both down?

Oh Mylanta. I would have OWNED that pb cup a month and a half ago. LOL
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #132  

yesterday ended up being good day and today even better...we got our gas back finally and i haven't bnged. just one more week till my faith is sealed lol
oh and i joined a theatre group which is even bigger motivation for me to get in shape
Old 11-22-2012, 09:30 PM   #133  
Jessica

Missunshine- I'm so glad you have a few good days under your belt to celebrate!

I completely binged pretty much all day... I really thought I could make it- Thanksgiving broke me... But- 9 days is decent for me... I'm going to try to make it until Christmas now!

Happy holidays to everyone and let's stay healthy!
Old 11-23-2012, 05:29 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 238/238/154

Height: 5'5

I had a really good day yesterday, completely stuck to my diet, until I got home from work. I walked in the door and right in front of me there was a spider as big as my face Unfortunately I'm terrified of spiders and I live alone and there was no one I could call to get rid of it. And although its a pathetic excuse, I had to get out of the house as I was just sitting there staring at it from a distance to make sure it didn't go anywhere, so I went to Asda and bought more treat food than I thought was humanly possible, then went to my room and scoffed the lot. I feel terrible today.

And then when I got up this morning I'd like to say I got straight back on my diet but the spider had disappeared which means it could be anywhere, so I dressed ASAP and got out the house - so its was a bacon roll and cappachino for breakfast, and I didn't bring lunch so it'll be an Asda sandwich for lunch.

Luckily my other half will be round tonight and he'll be tearing the house apart until he finds it. (I don't think he quite realises that though)
Oops A Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #135  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oops A Daisy View Post
I walked in the door and right in front of me there was a spider as big as my face
Shudder. Cringe. I. Hate. Spiders. I know they serve a purpose and all but eeeeeeeekkkkk!
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote