Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone. Sitting in a quiet sleeping house hold is bliss!! 3 kids...it gets loud!

I always...usually...lol feel pretty confident in the morning about eating. I normally wake up hungry but can control it. As the day goes on it is a constant fight. No "healthy food" gives me that good feeling I look for. I am reading a book binge breaker, which a lot of it sounds like me to a tee, but it hasn't helped.......the most interesting thing to me that was mentioned in the book was the sadness I feel, thinking of never binging again.....even tho I hate the control food has over me. I wanted to binge last night and I didn't! I am just disappointed that loosing this weight didn't fix this problem. I thought I was home free, and I am soooooooo not. I am tired of thinking about it!!!!!

Today is another day, hope it goes well. We have a wedding reception next week, and all I think about is should I or shouldn't I have the midnight food? I know if I choose to, I will convince myself to take the whole day off my low carb diet.....and loose control. I seriously can't even get a healthy sub.....and not binge after because in my mind I am all or nothing, and bread is off plan, so I might as well go hog wild.

I hope I get thru it and stay on plan!

Good day all
kellycg102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #62  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

No binges for 11 days, since October 3rd!

I think this is the longest I have ever went without one.
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #63  
Ailsa

S/C/G: 189/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

missunshine- really sorry to hear about your troubles I hope you can find a new apartment and get it all sorted out...
AilsaPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubolard View Post
No binges for 11 days, since October 3rd!

I think this is the longest I have ever went without one.

Awesome good for you.
kellycg102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #65  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Missunshine- I'm glad you're at least OK! But what a nightmare u hope everything works out alright for you. I'm so sorry that you are having such a rough time out there!

Tubolard- keep up the good work! Don't let your momentum stop! That's really great

Kellycg102- I hope you are able to stay on plan! Think about how great you'll feel when you make it and stay in control!

Day 3 for me! I was feeling "the hunger" for a second there but a huge batch of veggies and a long walk with DH shut it right up. ;-) let's get through the rest of October!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #66  
Ailsa

S/C/G: 189/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

No binges this weekend! Yay! That's a couple successful weekends under my belt so far, which is definitely good for my standards!

Monday-Friday seem to be pretty good most of the time, do you guys find the weekends harder or is that just me?
AilsaPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #67  
Jessica

Alisapearl- good job making it through the weekend! I actually do better most weekends because I'm hardly ever alone unless I'm out running- it's the in-between jobs when I have 30 minutes to kill and no one watching me- that's where 99% of my binges happen!

4 days down for me! I'm tapering for a half marathon this week and feeling antsy-- I am one of the freaks of the world that HATES taking days off from workouts... But it will be worth it if it makes me a little faster this Sunday! I'm really hoping to make it the rest of the month without a binge!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

OMG, I'm back after yet another weekend of indulgence. I literally stuffed myself, like one of those geese that is force fed so their livers get big for foie gras. I ate til I was sick, then ate more.

But I am back. Unlike previous setbacks in my life, I am committed to this long term. I exercised this morning and stayed within my calorie limits. I am going to try to go for the rest of the year - all 11 weeks - and stay on track except for ONE meal on Thanksgiving weekend. I am not gonna go back to being fat and I am not going to gain all my weight back, not this time.

In fact, I felt glad yesterday that my gluttony was over. I'm staying on the wagon for the rest of October - I promise! Y'all keep me accountable, ok?
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Great work, everyone.

alisapearl - Personally I'm the opposite, it's the weekdays that are tough! Weekends I'm hanging out with DH the whole day and have no opportunity to binge. But really excellent job on several good weekends for you!!

danzingurl - I hate missing workouts too! Good luck on your half, and congrats on four days! You can make it.

kittykatfan - Way to come back and not let it get you down!! I know it's so hard. Please keep up that motivation and commitment. (:

So far 5 days down for me! Don't know if I'll make it through today, yesterday was tough, but even if I do binge today, I'm going to try sooooo hard to make it a whole week afterwards without. I'm also committed to doing some inner exploration before/during/after I binge to find out better why I'm doing it. Good day to everyone!
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #70  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

mottainai - Way to go with the 5 days! After reading some of your posts here I understand how much of a struggle this is for you. Just try your best today...think of us! We're behind you 100%

Jessica - Well done! And a half marathon is super impressive!

Well, confession time for me. I had a bad binge last night. The worst since recommitting to healthier eating a few weeks ago after a summer of laxity. I was pretty grumpy at work, which I attributed to a lack of coffee after a fun but very busy weekend. On my way home, I said to myself "I'll just have a cup of tea instead of a snack, and I'll start getting my house cleaned". I really do need to clean up the house...I sometimes let it go and having it not be clean really demotivates me in every aspect of life.

But no. I went for the food. Over and over again. All I did all evening was act depressed and eat. I've recognized that binge eating numbs me so that I don't have to deal with things, from something simple like doing the dishes to more complex emotions. So, I'm still on a quest to find a new way to deal.

Today's quote is from James McCay: "Tomorrow, you promise yourself, will be different, yet, tomorrow is too often a repetition of today." Well...not today it won't. I can't afford it.

Also tonight is my weigh in. If that doesn't end up motivating me, I don't think anything will! I really, really want to make my January goal...
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #71  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

Still no binges, yesterday I came close but I chose to eat 100 calories as a snack instead of the popcorn, pop-tarts and chocolate doughnuts that were screaming my name.
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #72  

Just wanted to quick update:
I did go ahead and binge this morning, BUT I think I did better than usual, at least! I bought my binge foods as regular, but I also made sure to eat a healthy brunch before, and I'm also stopping the binge NOW. The excitement has worn off and the food isn't tasting so good and I'm quite full, and instead of sitting around and waiting until I can binge some more like I usually do, instead-- with all y'all reading as my witnesses-- I'm just going to throw the rest out and be done with it! (instead of eating the entire 6 L of ice cream I bought, I've stopped with about a third of each bucket left, actually saving around 2000 calories I guess) Just going to remember, all that same binge food will still be there next week, no need to force it on myself right now!

So I'm counting this as not a total failure at least. And I'm going to eat normal meals the rest of the day and get right back on track! Thankfully have no time to binge tomorrow, so that should be good as well.

Last edited by mottainai; 10-16-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #73  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

good for you Jessica
I am proud of you!
Have a good rest of the day.
I have to get out of the house... forgot today was housekeeping day.

update:
after the housekeepers are gone as of 3:30 and until now 5:26PM
I've been eating and today so far, I've consumed 2500 calories.
enjoyed brown rice, black rice, soy crackers, cheese and soda crackers, apple cider mixed with sparkling water.... yum. many other items...

Last edited by masterptr; 10-16-2012 at 08:31 PM.
masterptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #74  
Jessica

Day 5 without a binge! More than halfway through October!!

Masterptr- thanks! I did have a good day! I hope you did as well!

Mottainai- progress is progress!

Tubolard- great job! Keep pushing forward! Isn't that the best feeling? Looking back at a would-be binge and knowing that you conquered it...

Atoms- I'm so sorry you've hit a rough patch! Love that quote though... Something to always keep in mind...

Lets make the second half of October better than the first!!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #75  

Well, since I binged yesterday, that makes today another day 1 again.
But THANKFULLY I'm feeling very good about not binging again today! That's always a danger for me.
My goal is to go one more day, a full week this time!
Here's my plan for staying busy (luckily I have several things to do this week):
Today, study for my exam this morning and go to all my classes. Tomorrow, will be tempted to binge, but commit instead to a workout and completion of a homework assignment, and then attend an afternoon workshop. Friday, just don't skip classes. After that I should be home free on the weekend!

EDIT: Going to use this post to keep myself accountable today. I'm feeling the urge to binge coming on. I know what'll happen if I do, because it was exactly the same last week when I binged twice in a row on Tuesday and Wednesday. Just going to get through one hour at a time.
11:00 - I have to start taking an exam in half an hour. No time to binge. After I finish, I am going to get a drink, find a place to sit, and just read a book, no pressure to do any work.
12:00 - Finished my exam, didn't do perfectly, but I'm going to be totally cool about it, because I know the grade I get in this class will matter like .001% in my future, lol. Have some free hours now....but like I planned, I just had a flavored drink and bought some gum, and now I'm going to spend the next hour on the internet and reading.
1:00 - About two more hours until my next class. Feeling much better. Going to go search for a couch on campus and read a novel and continue not binging! After that, should be no problem, as I'll be heading home after. Thank goodness for this forum for me today. When I'm alone in my head, there's much less resistance to giving in to binges!!

Last edited by mottainai; 10-17-2012 at 04:00 PM.