Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #16  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I remember awhile back there was some kind of spray that had different scents that were supposed to help with cravings, so I guess the idea has some merit, as long as you can only sniff...lol

The altar thing does sound intriguing (not really sure how to spell that..) it could be good to shine the spotlight on whatever it is your craving, like you said remove it's power.

As to the mantra, it reminded me of WW has a tool called anchoring, you focus on an object, like say a ring or bracelet or your bead necklace and say your mantra or goal, keep practicing that and after time when you look at your anchor your mantra or goal will come into your mind. it was a good reminder, I'm going to start doing that again, thanks!

best to all

Joss, just read your stories, amazing, congrats on your success and thanks for your service!

Last edited by kelijpa; 09-22-2012 at 09:31 PM. Reason: add comment
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #17  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownok View Post
Do you ever sort-of "cheat" without actually cheating? Here's how I do it..and yes, I'm crazy! LOL

I pick up whatever it is that I'm craving (without people around) and inhale the scent. A really been inhale... a sometimes for several minutes. Sometimes just the smell alone is enough if I get enough of it. Now, this is for those who can resist going ahead and eating something they shouldn't! :-) But, if you can, it sure is satisfying... and then all you have to do is walk away!
I'm a little ashamed to admit this... but sometimes when I really want to have a taste of something, I will taste it... but then not swallow it. I know, that's probably TMI.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote