Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #1  
ADL

S/C/G: 175/169/140

Height: 5"7

Default Pizza

Hey guys! So I am really proud of myself. I have been getting intense pizza cravings every day for the past 2 months. I just started dieting to it makes sense that my body is craving the fattiest most carb filled food there is. The problem is that having one slice of pizza only makes me crave more. I need half a pie in order to really feel satisfied. So every day I would say "ok, tomorrow I am going to the gym, eating half a pie and only having salads for the rest of the day to make up for my pizza." But every day there was another reason why I couldn't. For example, one day I hung out with very skinny friends and didn't want to feel fat, or another day I had plans with friends to have a BBQ and I couldn't eat a ton of pizza AND have a BBQ. So after a few weeks of this I thought "well you know, I've gone this long without indulging, maybe I'll see how long I can go without giving in to my cravings." I've heard that going cold turkey on very fatty foods causes you to stop craving them so often. So I am proud to say that while I have not yet kicked pizza I have avoided it completely for a few months now (and even before that, the last time I ate half a pie in one sitting was over a year ago). This is so important to me because I have to learn to celebrate the small victories or I will never be able to maintain the willpower to diet.
ADL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Well done ADL. Pizza is a HUGE trigger for me too; I had one slice the other night and ended up eating all my friends' crusts like a DOG.

Sometimes it's far easier to have none than some.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/245/135

Height: 5'3"

Way to go! Getting over a craving is such a hard thing.

I couldn't do it. Going without pizza. I get periodic cravings for pizza, but I have to trick myself out of them. Whole wheat pita "crust", tomato paste, feta, and turkey pepperoni.
Nibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #4  

Hey everyone....I'm Lulu

Yeah, pizza can send me complete off track as well...this is because bread and are both actually addicting, so the more you eat the more you want. I have actually cut out bread and dairy from my diet completely (almost completely) and have gotten some good results with it. I also don't crave bread, cheese and other junk as much anymore.

Thanks for letting me share,
Lulu
Lulu Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 128.5/128.5/113

Height: 5ft 2

I'm adding onto nibbles thought. I'd suggest salsa instead of tomato paste. More flavor and better for you. I like making pita pizza on occasion. Low fat mozzarella, paul newman's mild salsa, and whole wheat pita. Then I like adding a bit of feta, oregano, veggies, turkey pepperoni, etc. I actually like it more than most pizza! Also I find that pita pizza isn't triggering for me while other pizza is.
Rose Elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:34 AM   #6  
cancerfree!

S/C/G: 295/145

Height: 64"

Default Pizza recipe request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Elizabeth View Post
I'm adding onto nibbles thought. I'd suggest salsa instead of tomato paste. More flavor and better for you. I like making pita pizza on occasion. Low fat mozzarella, paul newman's mild salsa, and whole wheat pita. Then I like adding a bit of feta, oregano, veggies, turkey pepperoni, etc. I actually like it more than most pizza! Also I find that pita pizza isn't triggering for me while other pizza is.
Rose ELizabeth,
WOuld you please share your pizza recipe with me? It sounds amazing! And since we had pizza tonight and I ate too much (although less than half of what I normally eat!), this would be a good alternative. Thanks! by the way, I love your "rose" picture - it always reminds me of a beautiful painting or quilt! Hope you are doing better!
5yearscancerfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

I often make a "tortizza" for lunch: a large tortilla, which I put in the oven until it just starts getting hard, then add tomatoes, onions, mozarella, and cilantro and broil until the cheese melts.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/154.7/130

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
I often make a "tortizza" for lunch: a large tortilla, which I put in the oven until it just starts getting hard, then add tomatoes, onions, mozarella, and cilantro and broil until the cheese melts.

F.
That sounds super tasty!! What a great solution for my pizza cravings
wiredkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #9  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

ADL, I hope you don't mind, but I just wanted to say that your comment (about hanging around a bunch of skinny friends and that being the reason that you didn't wanna have pizza) super cute and funny! I guess that's because I could relate, but honestly, most of my friends are skinny and that only lasts while I"m with them and the second I'm alone I turn into a ravenous monster that doesn't respond to logic or reason!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:59 AM   #10  
ADL

S/C/G: 175/169/140

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
ADL, I hope you don't mind, but I just wanted to say that your comment (about hanging around a bunch of skinny friends and that being the reason that you didn't wanna have pizza) super cute and funny!
Haha thanks luckymommy! And thanks everyone for your support. Here's to one more trigger food conquered!
ADL is offline   Reply With Quote