Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #61  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

last couple of months i learnt to deal with stress by shopping and if that doesn't work then i turn to food :/
so it's been great so far ..no binging i lost couple of pounds, some of my clothes that i bought a size smaller in the past really fit me now woohoo but my wallet is emptier every day
i got a chance to go study abroad and i really hope i can make because i think it will help me with my binging if i'm away from my family.
i'm a bit scared for this week bcs my period is comming tomorrow and lately i lost all my control during tom. i have to make sure this time that doesn't happen.
good luck guys...i think this month will be over before we know it
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

It's August 12 and I'm still binge-free for the month

Totally on plan, but I have started thinking about what my next binge day should look like. I won't do it, but I can't stop thinking about it.

But I'm committed to staying binge-free and on plan for the rest of August (AND Sepember
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #63  

Last Thursday I convinced myself I need a shot of sumthin so that I'd be motivated to burn the midnight oil (lol, the excuses!). That shot turned into about a 1/4 bottle of whiskey (and I don't even like the stuff! Grrrrr!) anyway, so by 4 am yes I'd ticked off quite a few things on my action list but i was also RAVENOUS like you wouldn't believe!!! Raided th freezer. Got the frozen drumsticks out, defrosted them. Threw some salt on, then tossed them in the oven and then eye- balled the timer til those babies were ready. I had about 4 or 5 of them. And every day since, except for today, iv been stuffing myself. Uggggghhhh! Anyway I really don't know how I'm going to stay on plan two weeks from now when i go on vacation with my friends - heavy drinking is celebrated in our group. I'd better think of something fast cause losing 4 kgs is not something I want to throw away just like that.

The good news is I'm back on plan today and finally did some serious ab work at the gym.

Hope everyone has a binge- free week!
CarryOnLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 82.2/78.5/64

Height: 176

I may as well join in. I haven't had a binge so far this August. I nearly did yesterday night. I didn't plan my day out very well, so ended up having a small dinner. I ended up hungry and started eating sweets. Luckily I managed to stop before it turned into a binge, and only ended up going 15 calories over my goal. I was rewarded this morning with a huge swoosh on the scale. Lost a kilo.
AmyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #65  
IP Start date 8-11-12

S/C/G: 204/204/125

Height: 5'6

I'm in too. I just went on a bad binge that ended this past Friday. I started a new diet Saturday and I am trying my best to really do it this time! I am a little scared of that other side coming back to take control though....that voice that tells me to binge. I am doing a lot of "self talk" right now to try my best to fight my addiction to food.
Saradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:37 AM   #66  

Height: 5'10.5"

Hey guys, I would like to join this challenge. I'm not going to binge at night. I've done this about five days now, I haven't eaten a couple hours before bed. At first I couldn't sleep, it was like my body didn't know how to sleep without the full stomach. Since about the age of sixteen I have binge nearly every night before going to sleep, saving my calories up at first and now just eating normally all day and then topping iit off with a binge at night. Right here I'm sitting on the computer about to go to sleep and I stopped eating two hours ago. A lot a lot of anger and impatience is coming up, I always forget how excruciating breaking old habits is, it feels like overcoming addiction truly! I didn't realize how much I've relied on binging every night! I hope I can keep this up, but I will start with the rest of August. Keep going ladies, treat yourself the way you would treat someone you loved dearly!
purdumse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:36 AM   #67  

Height: 5ft3

Hi Everyone, I'm in for today and let's see how it goes, there don't appear to be any danger zones ahead today providing that I plan carefully and take a snack with me when I go to a meeting tonight or they will be bringing the cakes and biscuits round(my triggers) and off we will go on another binge
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:10 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 208/162/140

Height: 5"3

I have been binge free since Friday which is a huge thing for me as the weekends is where I usually slip,last week was good as well but as I was trying to use up the food i had in the house I felt the temptation and then I go into the office on Friday have a cake in the morning, offered, massive lunch, 2 muffins in the afternoon I was supposed to give the other one to my bf, I was tempted to think oh well ive been eating well and didnt lose weight this week might as well binge now before I get back on track but I didnt

I just started fresh Saturday morning not Monday morning, no time like the present.

I am starting to get how being offered food outside of the house is a danger area for me, but I stocked up on loads of good food I love so will bring snacks in the future.
swissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:23 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 152/135/125

I still didn't binge, but I've been overreating yesterday. I am really, really tired today. I went to the lab but finished early. It's only 1.30pm and I don't really now what to do with the afternoon. I hope I won't eat out of boredom or because of the fatigue.
There is a new grocery store that just opened super close to my apartment... and it's open till 10pm! Most grocery stores in Germany close at 8pm. I often prevented a binge just by waiting till the supermarkets closed, that won't work that well anymore.
I would like to go and check out that new grocery store. They say it has a large organic section and some kind of farmer's market where you can buy local stuff... I just don't think today would be the best day.
Amygdala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:52 AM   #70  

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Binged :(

I binged STarting over right now, I had done so so well not eating at night, and now I'm starting over. I just ate about a million grams of carbs, all carbs! It's one in the morning and I just came from work where I was on my feet serving tables for eleven hours. I was so hungry and tired from work that I went to two different convenience stores and stocked up on bad stuff, candy and ice cream. I feel sad, I'm disappointed with how the evening turned out. I wish I could have ridden it out, I will try again tomorrow. Thanks for listening gals.
purdumse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #71  

Height: 5'1

So many updates!

missunshine I don’t think I could manage a lifestyle of shopping away my stress. I wish I could afford it of course. Wow! Where will you get to study?

KittyKatFan Well done for getting so far! And making your commitment for September also. Thinking ahead I see, I like that thinking. I do that a lot with things too.

CarryOnLosing Well done for getting back on track. We all fall off the wagon for time to time. I did for twice weeks in June and it took a few days to get fully back on track. While you’re on holiday you can try and limit yourself. I do understand not wanting to gain back those 4kgs.

AmyAmy Welcome! And brilliant news on the loss. Great control for being able to stop yourself for going any further.

Saradise Welcome also. You can do it! I started a plan and gave up a week later and then redid my plan and goals and it’s working a lot better for me now.

Jalsa Hope the day went according to plan for you and you were able to fight those biscuits and cakes.

swissy Weekends are so difficult with all the dangers around and the chances to go out and just eat yourself silly! So well done for lasting this Friday. Brilliant to be able to achieve this. I live at home so my mum does the shopping so I have kindly asked her to stock up on fruit for me to eat for my snacks and it seems to work for me. There are times I will allow myself to have a bit of chocolate, but I don’t deny myself anything. I just eat in moderation when it comes to unhealthier snacks.

Amygdala Did you decide to go to the store and check it out? We have a store that closes at 11pm that is around 10 minutes from my house. I’m often fighting with myself not to go up and get something from the store to snack on.

purdumse We all know how difficult it is here so please don’t give up on yourself! Hang in there and keep on going – that shows your real strength; being able to say you had a small slip up and you can continue on once again. Best of luck!

I’m still hanging in there – but just barely. I honestly think the reason I have binged a million times in the past couple of months is because of the lack of money I’ve had. Maybe it’s a good thing for that reason that I don’t have a lot of money to survive on. I was thinking of going to the store tomorrow and buying a packet of crisps to have with my lunch as a treat for myself. But I’m so worried because of this feeling of just wanting to binge on everything right now, I’ll end up buying more than I should. The only reasonable solution I can come up with is to only bring the exact amount of money I’ll need for the crisps. Ughh, I’m finding it so hard! All I want to do is just have a junk food night and not feel totally awful afterwards. It’s been a long time since I’ve felt this way about bingeing. I’ve been OK last few weeks but just this week. I think seeing 136lbs for the 3rd week in a row isn’t helping either…

Time to shut my mind off for the evening and get back to reading Harry Potter!

Last edited by Dreamer2012; 08-14-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #72  

Height: 5ft3

Dreamer - hope you're not watching the scales too much, it can take what seems like ages before the pounds start dropping off which is so frustrating

I'm binge free today once again - have a good day everyone
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #73  

Height: 5'1

I usually have an official weigh in for some challenges I'm involved in. I was obsessed and weighed in like two/three times a day (as if I was expecting a loss between an afternoon) but now, it's only around three times a week. I usually do one on Tuesdays to see how I'm doing for the official weigh in on Thursday. I had been doing so well since June when I fall off the wagon and I really am seeing results and losing so many inches and can see my stomach and hips going in. It's just to hard to stick with it when I have this massive urge to jack it all in.

Well done for going binge free again! I still haven't given in yet!
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #74  

Height: 5'2"

Just checking in. I've stayed binge-free all of August so far. This is the first time in a long long time where I was able to make better choices regarding food and not over-indulge myself at restaurants. My boyfriend and I went out to eat a lot more than I wanted to but I didn't go crazy with eating everything like I've done in the past. He just left today to get his new apartment ready before school starts next week in a different city. I'm going to miss him terribly but hopefully once I'm done with my school next year, I'll be able to move up with him. He was the one who usually made meals for us during the five months he was living with me. Now that he's gone, I'll have to fend for myself. Hopefully once school starts up again for me, it won't be as hectic as I'm imagining it or find some simple/quick recipes to make online.
Ladybug10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #75  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

I'm here, fighting to stay on track! I went and bought a diet soda to just have something in my belly- but I'm here to pledge that I'm going to make it through the day! My ultimate goal will be to make it until my lake Powell trip, the 30th-- but sometimes (today) I've got to take it an hour at a time. We can do this!!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote