Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-02-2012, 12:29 AM   #16  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

A successful day 3 for me... For me it helps to set manageable goals each day. Sometimes, my goal is to not binge for an hour, sometimes I'm feeling confident about the week. I've got to take it one step at a time or I tend to be too hard on myself and give up. Low(ish) carb eating also helps my cravings a lot.

I'm excited for us to tackle August together!! Every day I SO thankful for the wonderful people who post here its so nice to have people who really understand!!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:55 AM   #17  
15poundsGOAWAY

S/C/G: 152/131/125-130

Height: 5' 7"

Praying this month will be better than the last. Last month was the FIRST month I commited to not binging, but it happened to be the worst binging month of my life... Odd how that works? I had 2- 4 day straight binges, then a few other binges here and there. I'm ready to commit myself to August and try harder this time, summer is SO hard with camping trips, birthday parties, barbeques, I hate it.
natashawashburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:28 AM   #18  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

i'm down already 4-5 pounds since tuesday...it was definitely water retention and my neck and shoulder muscles are so sore from carrying my heavy luggage so i think there is still some water retaining.

natasha- i agree, it's the same with me...whenever i restrict myself i make it even worse. my problem are also parties and my mom who cooks like crazy since i've been back home.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #19  

Height: 5ft3

It's great to see so many folks here! - I am binge free so far this August - hope everyone has a great day .
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #20  
15poundsGOAWAY

S/C/G: 152/131/125-130

Height: 5' 7"

3 days binge free so far, wanting to start this month off right. I have a wedding that I'm helping shoot tonight which means I'm going to be offered cake and food, I will have to politely decline... THEN I have a beach trip tomorrow with my daughter dad and brother, we'll be going to one of our favorite restaurants called pig n' pancake, amazing breakfasts! I'm packing snacks and what not so I hopefully don't over do it on the salt water taffy and ice cream and pizza and pancakes (when I think of the beach that's what comes to mind, arcade games and food.) I know I can do this, I'm FINE with overeating every once in a while, I'm not fine with binging uncontrollably. I gained a few pounds last month just from my insane amounts of several day long binges, normally with one huge binge here and there I don't gain any weight and my weight returns back to normal after a few days, not in this case. I don't get why I eat even though I'm beyond full, I'll be so stuffed to the point I have to bend over when I'm walking due to the pain of being so overly full, and I'll still go order a family size pizza at papa murphys, eat half of that, AND eat an ice cream cone (did that on Sunday.) hate that binge bloat where your entire body puffs up like a marshmallow... you see it in your face, your arms your calves and especially your STOMACH, by the end of a several day binge I'll look like I'm 9 months pregnant again and I'll have to wear my 'fat' clothing, yes I have binge clothing, clothing I wear afterwards to hide my binge bloat. Binged up 15 pounds of water weight last week, so scared to step on that scale! Thankfully I've been back on track for several days and the water weight has definitely almost all come off, now I'm just left with the actual FAT which I can see, man I need to get this under control. SO READY TO TAKE ON AUGUST!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by natashawashburn; 08-02-2012 at 12:35 PM.
natashawashburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 268/260/194

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm in! Right now I just had some noodles for lunch and have the urge to grab something else, like maybe the entire pack of english muffins I just bought to have breakfast foods around, but I want to go the entire month of August binge-free. Chewing gum, it is
zizania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 239/173/155

Height: 6'

Day two without bingeing. I had a huge episode on Monday night and have been feeling guilty/awful ever since. Anyways, moving on! Here's to a binge-free August. Thank you again for all the support I get here.
raspberry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #23  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm totally in, summer's already almost gone so there's no reason for me to give in anymore. I'm gonna try and do the entire 31 days without a binge! I'm at 2 already lol Good luck everyone! Stay strong!
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #24  

Height: 5'1

I'm giving it my all for August. Eating, drinking water, exercising. I really want to avoid any snacks at all if I can! Here is to a new month. I'm on a 21 day challenge which I have given up junk food. I gave in one day last week. Had a couple of cookies but one week left in the challenge and determined to keep on going as best as I can.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #25  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Natasha- good luck with all that temptation!!! Sending good vibes your way!

Raspberry- totally know how you feel, I binged Sunday and am STILL regretting it too- all the more reason to stay on track though, right??

Caramelkitty- what a dream come true it would be to get 31 days without a single binge. We'll all be so proud of ourselves when we finally make it! ;-)

Dreamer- what an awesome challenge! And great job on not giving up! Let us know how your no junk challenge goes too!!

I ate a little more than I wanted to today but it definitely wasn't a binge. So- 4 days of success so far! I'm more than 10% to my 30 day goal!! ;-)
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Count me in! I am determined to have a good month after falling off the wagon for four days (including 3 just last week) during July.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizania View Post
I'm in! Right now I just had some noodles for lunch and have the urge to grab something else, like maybe the entire pack of english muffins I just bought to have breakfast foods around, but I want to go the entire month of August binge-free. Chewing gum, it is
Haha I resort to chewing gum many times a day too! It really does help
CarryOnLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:50 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 208/162/140

Height: 5"3

Yes I'm going to challenge myself to use other coping tools rather than trying to practice new ones but eventually going back to something that makes me feel horrible.

Besides I really don't want it to keep derailing my weight loss as I love Autumn and just want to look cute in all my coats, tights and little boots
swissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:14 AM   #29  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissy View Post

Besides I really don't want it to keep derailing my weight loss as I love Autumn and just want to look cute in all my coats, tights and little boots
haha that's also what i keep thinking all the time...i can't wait for autumn to come...and i have so many cute stuff that i have never worn because i gained my weight back so this year i'm def gonna parade in my new outfits

i weighed myself today and almost all the water is gone...i'm finally out of 190'
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

CarryOnLosing Thanks for the kind words.

inglesita64 Thanks for sharing your experience. I know I'm generally not hungry when I eat, it's finding the control to stop myself despite knowing that logically I don't need to snack! I noticed you used the words '...trying to find the reason for my constant anxiety...' well, I think if I could manage that then I'd find daily life a lot easier to handle!

I've got a lot of indulgent opportunities coming up for my Birthday celebrations - I'm going to get past them in the knowledge that I'm going to overeat, and then try and start afresh.
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote