Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #16  

Height: 5ft3

Great to see so many folks here- I made it to day 2
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #17  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Whew! Another day without a binge! hope everyone else is starting off Juky on the right foot!!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 239/173/155

Height: 6'

Yay! Day 6 completed without bingeing!
A good start off to the month. Let's keep it up!
raspberry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:12 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I'd really like to join in with this too!

For me, when I binge, sometimes it may not be a whole load of calories, or particularly high-calorie food, but what I hate about it is that I feel like I lose control - I find myself pacing around and looking for anything to eat that doesn't really require preparation and that I can eat immediately. I'm also not hungry when this happens - so part of the distress it causes me is that I know I'm not doing it to fulfill physical hunger. We tend not to keep that much snack food or unhealthy stuff in the house, so typically my binge foods are things like cereal or slices of bread and butter. If any unhealthy foods are in the house then I do tend to eat them all (e.g., open bags of crisps, packets of biscuits).

I ate a small handful of cereal yesterday when I was thinking about food and I was preparing my supper - I wasn't hungry and so needn't have done it, but it's just habit. However, I did make a big step in that I didn't hide it from my boyfriend - I was quite open about it. This is a huge thing for me - even though it was a pretty small amount of food, one of the bad habits I've developed is eating secretly and waiting for opportunities to eat secretly. It was also just one small handful - less than 100 calories - and I felt good to have just stopped there as typically I've had handful after handful and really lost control with it.

It's nice to have this group to keep accountable and to keep the 'binge free' thing in my mind!
tinycities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #20  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

We are all doing great!!! I see that many of you have not binged in a while, which is marvellous. Love yourselves, and give your bodies the best food available, in normal portions, and then stop and move on. Stopping is something we need to learn!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #21  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5ī4.5

Hi ladies. I want in on this thread too. I have a big problem with binging. I know you all know how I feel where the evil robot takes over and starts stuffing me with things I really donīt want. I tell it no again and again a lot of times out loud saying how bad it is, and I donīt want or need any of it, but it keeps insisting shoveling, and shoveling until I think I will pop.

Tonight was one of these nights, I felt it coming, and I tried to stop it with a peach, and then a nectarine, but it wasnīt satisfied and couldnīt be reasoned with it made me grab a box of crackers and jar of peanut butter and another of Nutella and it forced me to eat 1/3 of those jars. Iīm thinking I could die, but this evil demon wanted me to go in the kitchen and then make it corn bread! Are you serious corn bread at midnight. I put my foot down and said enough is enough. I canīt keep doing this to myself and I need to figure out how to get ahold of myself during these times. I tend to do this a couple times a week. Maybe Iīll eat an entire box of cereal or cake or a dozen donuts. I donīt want to, I really donīt, and then I am so sad that all the hard work and exercise Iīve done from the past few days is out the window and tomorrow I will be 2lbs heavier than today and it becomes a vicious circle, that make me want to cry.

Sorry for the rambling or typoīs. My binge just finished 5 minutes ago and I needed to vent. Hereīs to no more in July, and coming here to type out my emotions next time I feel the evil urge about to take over!
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 239/173/155

Height: 6'

Today marks one week binge free for me
raspberry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #23  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

I'm actually on day 10 of no binging. However, I love the idea of taking it by the month with you all. Great job everyone ~ let's keep it going!
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #24  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Lovemydoggies, we all know what it feels like, so you have arrived at the right place. Some tips we have discovered work quite well: try to cut down on carbs for some days to regain control, and then add them slowly, and make it always complex carbs. Keep away from refined stuff. Also, learn about what food triggers overeating in you, and learn about what emotions make you eat. Avoid the triggers, embrace the emotions and commit to a binge-free July. We are all with you!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #25  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

*hugs* Sarah & Jez. There is a whole month of success in front of you.

Tiny, it does take courage to show our vulnerability to our loved ones sometimes. Good for you! I bet it's a stress off of you to have told him which would help I would think.
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #26  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

As long as we never give up, right? I made it through today, but barely- 10 minutes ago I thought I would give in... But now I'm SO glad that I didn't... Im trying SO hard to stop my all-or-nothing nonsense. I had an unexpected outing for dinner come up and came home at 2100 calories for the day... Crossing that 2000 line almost always sets me off to binge... Well, not today! let's get through July... I'm going to try to hang on to this feeling of pride in myself for not diving headfirst off the track just because I started to wobble. Woot, woot!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:58 AM   #27  

I'd like to join you guys. I have always had a problem with binge eating due to stress or emotions. I would go to the store and buy a package of cookies, chips, soda, and ice cream knowing that I was going to eat till I was sick. I love the definition of what a binge is. I knew someone who said that they'd binged because they got a milkshake and pie with their hamburger at Burger King. That's just overeating to me, not a binge. To me a binge is when you have eaten an extreme amount of food to the point where you are sick. I also think it is possible to binge on healthier options but mine are usually a combo of sweets and chips.

I went sugar free on July 1st so I am using that as a start date. I think my last binge was on 6/23. I ate a whole container of hummus with carrots, 2 twinkies, and almost a whole bag of oreos in an afternoon. That was between lunch and dinner that day.

Last edited by CurvyNerd; 07-03-2012 at 10:58 AM.
CurvyNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #28  
One Day at a Time

S/C/G: 227/156/149

Height: 5'7"

Wow - everyone is doing so well - fantastic - I started stuffing today and remembered what danzingurl77 write - never give up! Love it
princessbgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #29  

Height: 5ft3

I'm still hanging on in there - and learning to love myself
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 222/150/140

Height: 5' 7"

I'd love to join you ladies. I know what it's like to lose control and just eat...no thinking just eating. My last binge was on Friday and I ate a whole Frozen Pizza 600 cals and a bag of Fritos - 2,000 cals. UGH. I actually thought it through and went out and bought these foods...haven't done this since December 2011. I was 4 pounds heavier the next day. FOUR! Worked my *** off on Sat and pounded water and was 5 pounds less on Sunday.
Thank you for listening....this can't be normal but I used to do this almost every day before I changed my life, eating and exercise.

lovemydoggies: I hope that today was better for you!

Last edited by TurboLaura; 07-03-2012 at 06:25 PM.
TurboLaura is offline   Reply With Quote