Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #46  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Things that make me binge include :

Bordem and exhaustion. If I have had a long day at work or school, I would come home and just stuff my face all night as a way of relaxing. Depending on the time of the month, it can get very very bad as my stomach turns into a black whole 3 days out of the month.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #47  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

My worst times for bingeing are when I am alone and when I am bored. You'd think by now I'd use the alone time to get in vast amounts of exercise...
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:01 AM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonia Banana View Post
What makes me binge: pure habit. I've overeaten since I was a kid and it has nothing to do with if I'm sad or happy. I'm more vulnerable when I feel strong emotions, but they're not truly to blame.

How I avoid it: Whenever I want to eat but am not hungry I simply ignore it. No matter how tempting it is, bingeing is just a habit and it can't control me.

I have the same problem, mine is more out of habit. I am trying to learn to ignore too but sometimes the voices just takes over. I am trying to keep myself busy. This forum is a first step.
Bubees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 377/250/150

Height: 5'6"

I think I started binging, do to anxiety issues. Using food as a drug calmed me. Then for years it was a combination of Habit and pure sugar/carb addiction. I would go to bed thinking about sugar and wake up thinking about sugar. And I would spend the rest of the time eating it.

Since February I have been eating very low carb. That constant voice in my head that told me to eat has been silenced. I have had 3 slip up's in those 7 months. And each time it went from, planing on eating just one meal out, getting what I wanted, to a 2-3 day binge. It was a combination of all or nothing thinking and just eating those foods with causes the physical addiction to kick in. I felt horrible during those days. To the point I even considered the ER, while on vacation, but I had no idea where it was.

I know I will never be perfect with my diet. But I have accepted that I will never be a person that can have carbs or sugar as part of their life. Right now I am just taking it one day at a time, and I am thankful for each day I feel great and I am in control.
lizfromvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #50  

Height: 5ft3

Lots of things -
tiredness must be at the top of the list
stress and frustration-which aren't always together come next
getting hungry because I haven't eaten enough at meal time to carry me through
not being able to get access to healthy fund when I am hungry
being unwell - self medication
cravings
eating what I did not really fancy and feeling unsatisfied
reward for getting things done -
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #51  

Lack of sleep
Frustration!!
Anger
Boredom

This year I have identified frustration as the major one. Frustration to me means not getting what I need from the profound to the mundane.
Emane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #52  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

Feeling lonely, feeling extreme self hatred, feeling extreme anxiety. Drinking alcohol (more than two drinks lets say) Being way too tired and can't go home...
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

I honestly think I binge because I'm addicted to the guilt feeling afterward.

I've just recently come to this realization, which is good in a way because if I know what the problem is, it's easier for me to try and come up with solutions to try and solve it.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #54  
cancerfree!

S/C/G: 295/145

Height: 64"

Crazy as this seems, my bingeing STARTS when my house is a mess! I grew up in a dysfunctional yucky household and it scares me half to death to realize i am slipping back into my parents' ways. Usually just about the time the house looks "dirty" (although it really isn't), I start to binge and then I binge for several days, until I am so sick of fast food and fat food that I actually crave a huge salad and some detoxing tea. So, take the house, the crazy work, the cranky customers, budget issues, worries about my kids and you have a wonderful recipe for a Binge Marathon. Crazy as it seems, if I can keep my house neat and tidy, I am able to resist bingeing. I am reading this great book, called "will power's not enough" (recovering from addictions of every kind) and it has really been helpful.
5yearscancerfree is offline   Reply With Quote