Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3 & 1/2

Default did it again..just have to tell someone about it..

hey all...i have no one to turn to about this except you all...im to embarrassed to talk about it to people in my life...so just when i thought i had everything under control im starting to slip again..i re committed myself to losing weight four months ago..its been just a tad over a year since i started this whole thing though...and i thought i had the binging under control but i dont...i don't get it im eating enough... i dont know why all of a sudden its just hitting me again...& before i ever started a diet i NEVER in my life felt this way with food and felt so out of control and that i just have to have it & eat till i hurt...well I had a binge day last Saturday and now its Saturday again and i just binged AGAIN i feel so horrible i just spent a hour laying in bed feeling so miserable..my stomach hurts so bad. I probably just ate about 4-5 thousands calories same as last saturday..im so scared... i feel like im slipping again. What if i work my butt off like i did last week to get back to where i was just to do this AGAIN next saturday!?!? well thanks for reading all..i just really needed to tell someone about these two binges.
PrincessAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #2  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Princess Amy I am so sorry to hear about your struggles. I wish I had some form of advice to give you, but I don't. Do you think that there may be a reason that Saturday is a binge triggering day. Why don't you start a journal? Write down your feelings, and when you feel like binging write instead. Just a suggesion. I will be praying for you.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #3  

thank you catholiccajun..that sounds like a great idea! I will start doing that...well last Saturday was a very emotional day (in a bad way) and i know why i did it that day but im not sure about today...and to make it worse after writing this i went and picked up burger king i feel like im hopeless at this moment.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #4  
Just watch me ...

What if i work my butt off like i did last week to get back to where i was just to do this AGAIN next saturday!?!?

Well, you might - but don't lose heart Amy. You're not hopeless - you've got something going on that on some level is making you uncomfortable and you're trying to use food to feel better. You will be able to figure it out. Write out your thoughts...write every day, maybe something will surface..... Could it be that the weekend leaves you with too much time on your hands and you're apprehensive about starting new social situations? Has your new life style negatively impacted your social life somehow? There's something that you will be able to figure out, but not if you freak. Things will get better.

Last edited by Exhale15; 06-02-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

I wonder if there is a crucial safety valve you've shut off in your current eating regimen. Is your daily eating plan so strict that it never allows you to let out some air? Are you depriving yourself of all the foods you find most psychologically satisfying? I believe that too much restriction can cause the "devil on the shoulder" to put binge thoughts in our minds. Perhaps something to think about.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #6  

You may want to check into a book entitled Brain over Binge, which you can find on Amazon. It seems to have helped many people. I suggest it because the author had the same experience as you---i.e., never binging until she tried her first diet.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

All of the above suggestions are good. I wonder too if you are not forcing a refeeding. I believe in refeeding days--maybe 2500 calories especially if you are so low as 1200.

Big hugs. You have come a long way, and you are an overcomer.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #8  

thanks for the replies all and there might be a tiny bit of truth in the restricting but i really really enjoy and love the food i eat..but i never eat stuff that i used to love either...ill have to look that book up, because this is bizarre to me
Old 06-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #9  

Hey, don't feel bad... I think you are just feeling a little guilty about feasting on foods. You might just be stressed out and you have taken your stress on foods for comfort. What is important is you still have the determination and motivation to maintain what you have started. Goodluck!
iyah0125 is offline   Reply With Quote