Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 09:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/194/140

Height: 5'7

Default Trying to stop Mia!!

I usually binge at night or in the afternoon so I'm thinking about stopping eating at 3 o'clock in the afternoon and not eating again until breakfast.

Have any of you guys tried this? Does it work?
Old 01-30-2003, 08:47 AM   #2  
Domestic Goddess

I dont know that seems like an awful long time to go without something to eat. What time do you go to bed??
Old 01-30-2003, 10:36 AM   #3  

I've found that if I try to makemyslf not eat, I am more likely to binge...so I wouldn't try to prevent myself from eating for that long. What are your meal schedules like?
Old 01-30-2003, 04:10 PM   #4  

You will do better to have 3 meals and 2 snacks and keep your points spread out more evenly through the day. Have some protein or fat (like a little cheese or 6 almonds and a piece of fruit for a snack, for example) with every meal and snack. Your metabolism will be more even and your blood sugar and you will not feel the need to binge so much. If you are doing it every day, you need to figure out why and what you can do to prevent it, ie. if you are bored, what can you do besides eat, etc.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:16 AM   #5  

for someone who's had mia for at least 8 years i dont recommend the fasting until 3pm. I agree with Susan,by that time your blood sugar levels will be low and you'll be more likey to crave carbs and binge therefore never really breaking the cycle.The best bet is to have small healthy meals throughout the day and try to break the habits from there. I'm trying to kick mia as well so feel free to PM me anytime.Good Luck!!!
Old 03-11-2003, 02:28 PM   #6  

hey there

just wanna say, I agree that a "nothing after 3pm" rule doesn't seem too likely to work out. Not only is there the allure of what you can't have, but there is also the fact that you will be forcing yourself to go for a long period of time without food, which is bound to be setting you up for failure. People typically eat lightly or not at all early in the day, then binge at night - seems eating lightly or not at all later in the day would set you up to binge in the early part of the day! Not to mention it will slow your metabolism.

re: the 3 o'clock bingies coming on... oh do I hear you. I don't understand it. For me it's more like 4 o'clock but that's a small point. I can be fine up until that point, and then it's like I have to eat. I just HAVE to! And it amazes me what i can find to eat when i swear there is no food in the house. It doesn't make amuch sense to me, either, since I am alone all day, my husband gets home around 7... you'd think I'd be more likely to behave later in the day, wouldn't you? You'd think I'd be more likely to not binge when someone else is in the house, wouldn't you?

Why does this happen??? I am glad at least I am not alone in this.

The worst is when I have already binged (and sometimes purged) by dinner time, and then I have no desire to eat dinner - yet somehow I still feel like grazing on junk after dinner! How does THAT work?

I have been struggling with bulimia for about 12 years. I used to have dilussions of being grown up and married and magically cured. Ha ha!
Old 04-30-2003, 01:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 235/194/140

Height: 5'7

Well, I haven't done it yet. I just want all that nasty food completely out of my stomach before breakfast the next day. I'm still struggling. Lately, I've been bingeing. I'm so sick of this!! You guys feel free to PM me. We CAN overcome this!!!
Old 05-02-2003, 10:51 PM   #8  

I suggest your eat, but avoid sugar and starchy carbs after about noon. It seems to me like you are addicted to sugar (I used to be too)...how about a low carb diet to help you stop binging?
Closed Thread