Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #16  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
I used to really struggle with this. I had to take 'planned cheats' out of my schedule. They were just snowballing into something I couldn't control.

Being on plan 100% of the time is much more sustainable for me. If a big event comes up, I give myself more leeway. But never just because it's Saturday. I'm back to tracking my calories and meals beforehand. If I didn't plan for it, I don't eat it.
I'm the same way; I don't have regular planned "cheats/treats/free days/free meals" etc. but I do indulge a bit more on special occasions. Keeping my diet on track and a bit more strict in the meantime allows me to go out and have nice meals, a few drinks, and more than one "treat" when I see my husband and/or best friend on vacations.

Last edited by JossFit; 07-26-2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: I said "fiance"... he's my husband now! :)
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:41 AM   #17  

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossFit View Post
I'm the same way; I don't have regular planned "cheats/treats/free days/free meals" etc. but I do indulge a bit more on special occasions. Keeping my diet on track and a bit more strict in the meantime allows me to go out and have nice meals, a few drinks, and more than one "treat" when I see my husband and/or best friend on vacations.
I'm the same girls. I think if I was to plan one of the days where it's a cheat day and have some chocolate or sweets I would end up thinking "Ah sure, another day won't hurt" When it really would! It would get back to a regular thing again.

On special occasions I would allow myself to have a few drinks and whatever else but wouldn't like to go crazy. It's pretty common in Ireland that after a night out, people go to get food - usually fast food. This has completely stopped for me. Granted that I have only been out maybe two or three times since the start of June, I resisted getting food afterwards each of the times. It's just wasted calories that you are going to go straight home and sleep on.

The thinking I have now is just to take each day at a time and everything is good in moderation. I don't restrict ANYTHING with my foods. I allow myself to whatever just not all the time. I remember the week before last I wanted some chocolate and usually I'd go for the regular 8 squared one but decided to go for the smaller size. My mum had come home with a bar and in the end we halved it. I was just as satisfied with the amount I had because it had been a while since I had any chocolate. I think it's down to training your brain into not wanting everything so often. It is difficult, but you can do it!

Last edited by Dreamer2012; 07-27-2012 at 04:44 AM.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote