Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #1  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

Default A Challenge?

I am so sorry for suddenly making so many posts!

But, doing something for 21 days creates a habit right?

WELL. I have been having a little binging situation for the last little while. I know there are other people who have the issue of having "just one", or planning to have "just one" and then it's game over.

Well, for the next 21 days, I propose that we create some new habits. I am not sure whether anybody else would like to join, but this is an open invitation. Otherwise I will just use this thread to keep myself accountable. So, from tomorrow, Monday May 21, until June 11 I will be following this "no binge challenge".

I am going to record (for accountability since making things public seems to work) what exactly went down with the eating. If there is a binge, I will record what I binged on, and then identify what causes it.

Anybody care to join?
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

I'm in! But let's establish what is meant by binge:
--Eating a lot in a short time, with a feeling of not being able to stop, and without being hungry.
Do you agree on this definition?
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #3  
Dedicated Yogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglesita64 View Post
I'm in! But let's establish what is meant by binge:
--Eating a lot in a short time, with a feeling of not being able to stop, and without being hungry.
Do you agree on this definition?
Perfect!
Old 05-21-2012, 05:36 AM   #4  

Seems like a great challenge. I'd so join in, but TOM is approaching, so I'm afraid this is already a lost battle.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #5  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

I've already lost today. Certainly up for giving it a go from tomorrow. I find the times I am worst are the times I am alone. - Hubby works continentals, so I quite often am alone at home. I should take advantage and use it for exercise not eating!
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

must be something in the air, because I started a thread just like this.

I think it is a good idea. I would like to read someone elses musing on their binging behavior for a change.

for me a binge is more than 1 serving of something --unplanned.

What do I really want with an extra serving? My goal is to understand why I go for the second helping.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

I think a second serving is overeating, but not bingeing... But let's agree to disagree! What matters is that we want to be in control, and that we are trying to find a way to do it.
Today I did lose control for a while, but then fell on my feet: I had planned to eat vegetables for lunch, but got tempted with ham and other things. I ate too many calories for lunch, and then for dinner I ate my vegetables (snap beans). I had to go hungry, but I managed to eat slightly below 1200 cals, which is my number. That should teach me: if I eat high calorie food, then I will have to go hungry to keep within my calorie limit.
So, no harm done, but god I'm starving! LOL!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

I'm in!

I Haven't binged today at all! I've stuck to my calories and I've exercised.

I do want to binge right now very much.. good thing is we don't have anything to binge on except fruit and veggies. (which may or may not be a good thing. LOL) I'm not going to binge though.

And I do agree with the definition of "Eating really fast and a lot at in a short amount of time" being what binging is.

Eating more then one serving of something could be considered binging, depending on how much and how fast you eat it.

My worst time to binge is late at night.. and that's exactly why I'm here right now. lol

Last edited by imnotperfect24; 05-21-2012 at 11:19 PM.
imnotperfect24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:52 AM   #9  
Dedicated Yogi

So, this is the day 1 report, I figured waiting until the early morning the next day to post, in order to really confirm that I was good.

It was a funny day because I was REALLY hungry sometime after lunch (it's ironic but I find that I am always SUPER hungry right after I eat).

Then for dinner, I wanted to stay light and try something new for a change, so I had some cabbage soup, and some butternut squash fries. This was wierd for me since I usually eat meat/fish/chicken/ or other protein with every meal, but I felt oddly full- will try not having protein for dinner a couple of more times this week.

since I had dinner and no snack after dinner, I woke up this morning EXCEPTIONALLY hungry. I find that these are the days that I am most likely to binge- days when I have a significant loss (since I was over eating for a while, it's more like a significan't de-bloat).

Lets see what happens today, but I am going to try to stay on this pony!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #10  
You're my fantasy.

Great idea!

I went over my calories yesterday by 300, first time in 4 weeks. I am convinced it's because I went from cooking for the last month, to eating frozen HC and LC and WW dinners this week. I decided to give cooking a break, but it's simply not enough protein for me.

So I went shopping this morning and chicken is going in the pot!
stillmeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #11  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmeadow View Post
Great idea!

I went over my calories yesterday by 300, first time in 4 weeks. I am convinced it's because I went from cooking for the last month, to eating frozen HC and LC and WW dinners this week. I decided to give cooking a break, but it's simply not enough protein for me.

So I went shopping this morning and chicken is going in the pot!

I don't mean to belittle your struggles, but overeating a few calories isn't what we're defining as a binge. Did you read the start of the thread?
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #12  

I was doing so well and then had a horrible day yesterday; textbook huge binge... probably 15,000 calories over the course of the day.

This is exactly what I need today! IN!
Old 05-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #13  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

HUG to you JossFit. Hope you feel better soon. Can you pinpoint a trigger?
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
HUG to you JossFit. Hope you feel better soon. Can you pinpoint a trigger?
Boredom. I have been out of town for business and literally have been in my office working ALL DAY EVERY DAY since mid-February. I get to go home soon, but the fatigue and boredom have me at my wit's end. I know as soon as I get out of this environment I won't have this problem anymore, it's just being here that's doing it, and I can't do anything about it which is incredibly frustrating.

Overall it's just one day... drop in the hat. I'm picking up and carrying on, and in a few days or a couple weeks it will be forgotten and any damage done will be long gone. I just hate the feeling of being stuck here.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

I'm in, too! Did well yesterday, so this is day 2.

Jossfit, (((hugs))). Forget it and move on. You can exercise it off. (We must have been typing at the same time, because you already know the answer.) LOL

Last edited by tyla; 05-22-2012 at 12:08 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote