3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Chicks in Control

Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Dr. Oz grapefruit drink

Old 06-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #16

Location: Houston, Tx, but Missouri in the summer on the lake.

S/C/G: 150/148/125

Height: 5' 2"

My sister would drink before every meal a cup of Simply Grapefruit, 2 tbsp of Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar, & a Tsp of local honey. She is so skinny, in fact was too skinny. She finally had to quit drinking it, she thought it sped up her metabolism to much. You have to really committed to having it before every meal. Not sure I could do it, but I was super envious of her weight loss. I will say that I don't remember her eating 3 meals a day with it.
Mama Whitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #17
Working it

Height: 5'10"

Smile Great to know

Thanks for the reply. I've been trying to get used to the drink, but it does seem to be an acquired taste. The vinegar is a much stronger taste than I thought it would be with the grapefruit juice. But I'm going to keep on......to see what happens. THanks again.
Begiggled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #18

S/C/G: 228/220/140

Height: 5'7

Smile Dr Oz grapefruit drink

I didn't realize it was suppose to be grapefruit, someone posted on her Facebook that you can use OJ. I tried it for the first time yesterday, but I warmed up the juice so the honey can dissolve. At first it kind made me sick to my stomach but I think it was the smell of the cider. I did find I was going #1 all day , but it did help my cravings throughout the day and I actually didn't have a late night binge. I did wake up around 3 this morning feeling nausea not sure if it's cause of the drink. As strange as this may sound but I felt lighter when I woke up this morning. But I think it can get a little expensive if you drink a whole cup of juice 3x a day everyday. Thinking maybe might do 1/2 cup at every meal and see how that works.
dee5234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #19

S/C/G: 248/234/206

Height: 5'8"

I tried this once but the vinegar taste was a lil too much, & I normally don't like grapefruit taste. The honey was the only good part. But I really need help getting my appetite back under control so maybe I'll try to start this again & I'll just plug my nose & chug it!
PalmBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.