Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #16  
Working it

Height: 5'10"

Smile Great to know

Thanks for the reply. I've been trying to get used to the drink, but it does seem to be an acquired taste. The vinegar is a much stronger taste than I thought it would be with the grapefruit juice. But I'm going to keep on......to see what happens. THanks again.
Begiggled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 228/220/140

Height: 5'7

Smile Dr Oz grapefruit drink

I didn't realize it was suppose to be grapefruit, someone posted on her Facebook that you can use OJ. I tried it for the first time yesterday, but I warmed up the juice so the honey can dissolve. At first it kind made me sick to my stomach but I think it was the smell of the cider. I did find I was going #1 all day , but it did help my cravings throughout the day and I actually didn't have a late night binge. I did wake up around 3 this morning feeling nausea not sure if it's cause of the drink. As strange as this may sound but I felt lighter when I woke up this morning. But I think it can get a little expensive if you drink a whole cup of juice 3x a day everyday. Thinking maybe might do 1/2 cup at every meal and see how that works.
dee5234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #18  

Height: 5'8"

I tried this once but the vinegar taste was a lil too much, & I normally don't like grapefruit taste. The honey was the only good part. But I really need help getting my appetite back under control so maybe I'll try to start this again & I'll just plug my nose & chug it!
PalmBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 12:38 PM   #19  

Default Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Whitty View Post
My sister would drink before every meal a cup of Simply Grapefruit, 2 tbsp of Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar, & a Tsp of local honey. She is so skinny, in fact was too skinny. She finally had to quit drinking it, she thought it sped up her metabolism to much. You have to really committed to having it before every meal. Not sure I could do it, but I was super envious of her weight loss. I will say that I don't remember her eating 3 meals a day with it.
Hello,
I was wondering how long she did this? how much weight did she lose? and did she change her diet or exercise while she drank this? I started on Sunday and I have no idea when I'm suppose to start seeing results.
Jasmine Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:51 AM   #20  

Default Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownfish13 View Post
I am trying since starting yesterday this Grapefruit Diet drink thing that is supposed to rev up your metabolism. The nice thing is it's easy and I have noticed it stopping my binging. Something about the flavor. You drink it before a meal and it's 1 cup grapefruit juice, 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinigar and 1 teaspoon honey. It's fresh and tart, something about it.... But I find myself feeling healthier and eatting better. What are your thoughts?

So did you ever see any results on this drink?
Val98582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:49 AM   #21  

Height: 6-1.5

I am on an anti-depressent so I am not allowed to drink grapefruit juice. I think, of all the fruits, grapefruit is one that seems to interfere with drugs more than others. I like braggs apple cider vinegar in water by itself.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 04:00 PM   #22  

Default Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by giselley View Post
I am on an anti-depressent so I am not allowed to drink grapefruit juice. I think, of all the fruits, grapefruit is one that seems to interfere with drugs more than others. I like braggs apple cider vinegar in water by itself.

Did u see any results with water I can't have grapefruit juice either so wanted to see if water or orange juice works
Val98582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 03:52 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 387/361/155

Height: 5'2

I know there are millions of people who adore him, but Oz comes across as a snake oil salesman to me. Every week, he's hawking some new product. I just don't trust him.

My fingers are crossed that it works for you. Please let us know how it goes.
Swinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:25 AM   #24  

Default Dr Oz swimsuit slim down

I've seen the recipe that says orange juice or grapefruit juice or pineapple juice. Does it matter which one? Also can you mate it in bulk for a few days in advance or does it have to be made each time fresh?
rickyjenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:00 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 1/1/18/ 202/169/126

Height: 5'3 3/4"

Grapefruit is best. Just saw a newer version last week (Dr. Oz). It was 2 oz of grapefruit juice before drinking a cup of oolong tea or even a cup of black coffee. No honey, no apple cider vinegar.
The black coffee is way too acidic for me, as the apple cider vinegar is for me, too. Not to mention that you need to brush your teeth constantly. It's tough on tooth enamel. But the 2 oz grapefruit juice before oolong tea, I might be able to get away with that one. That Dr. Oz has some fun tips to try.

Last edited by Mossy; 01-09-2017 at 02:02 PM.
Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:55 AM   #26  

Nice idea!
qualityinfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 04:47 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swinella View Post
I know there are millions of people who adore him, but Oz comes across as a snake oil salesman to me. Every week, he's hawking some new product. I just don't trust him.

My fingers are crossed that it works for you. Please let us know how it goes.
Same here, i think he just helps the diet and fitness industry make more money. Regarding grapefruit drink, im very skeptic. Better try ACV or coconut water detox drink. Dr. Axe has an excellent post on ACV.
sarah091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:59 PM   #28  

It sounds like it tastes great, and seems to be working for the OP. I try to avoid too much sugar though, and this seems like it has a lot.
The Friend is offline   Reply With Quote