Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Ingles, I KNOW you know what you are talking about. You are right.

My friend still is not answering her phone. She has completely flaked out on me on this, but GOD IS GOOD.

I said SO didn't feel well, well he woke up and went to work despite my telling him not to go in, he couldn't call in because he slept too late, so he had to go.

I finally got some sleep and woke up and called "friend" and just got done saying the words "I have no one else to count on and this point". And I heard SO'S truck pull up. He was home! His boss made him come home.

So now he will be able to watch the baby while I go to the meeting today. I am hurt by my friend, whom I have tried to call several times, but she won't answer. So, I just figure she has her own problems to deal with her husband was drunk also when he brought my injured drunkhead home and her husband lost his job yesterday.

You are right. DS can help me with the pool, he can do alot more with it then I can. SO doesn't really get in the pool, but he helps open it a little. I just don't want to wait on everyone, I want to get it done.

At least NOW i know what is bugging DS1, he wants to date. NO. I won't have it. I told him he can have a friend that is a girl, but not a girlfriend. 13 year olds don't need to be "dating".

Neither, SO or Ds1 can cook. they just don't have the ability. I have them help with the cooking on occasion, but leave the cooking up to me.

Thanks for helping me put it in perspective ingles. I know how GOOD God is to me, because he made a way where there is no way.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #77  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Wow, DS is in love! Come on, Romeo and Juliet were 13... He will think of that girl all the same, whether you want it or not! lol But be happy, because he is growing up and at least now you know the problem is a healthy one! You need to celebrate that.
I truly respect your devotion to your family and to your projects, and I admire your strength. You are doing a great job, so keep going!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #78  

in Romeo and Juliet's time, it was not uncommon to be married by 18.

he actually says he doesn't have a girlfriend now. I think he is interested in someone.

I had fun at the festival. We ate, sat, sweated, and walked. Still it was a nice change from the norm.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #79  

ate a lot of cereal for breakfast. I let my hunger get away from me. I just ate dinner, and I am stressed about tomorrow's interview. I think I want to eat more. But I got my 1800 calories and I DON'T need any more today.

snacking will do nothing but make me heavier at this point.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:35 PM   #80  

I'm disgusted with myself.

let's just be honest. I started off the day trying to eat somewhat normal. I had a bowl of cereal and 2 cups of coffee. Then later I had two small fried chicken legs and 1/4 c potato salad.

I went to my interview and came back. I had such a good interview, and the house was trashed. I didn't sleep very well last night, so I did not do a good job picking up today.

Then I had to go find an outfit for tomorrow's peer interview. My teenager is sitting in the living room, my baby is running around in the kitchen (teenager is supposedly watching him), and SO is outside drinking beer and watching the race.

I'm like WTF!!!!

I throw something together for dinner, and SO is like "the baby jumped out of my arms and face planted on the ground." I'm thinking "damn, I can't leave for a couple of hours, HOW THE **** am I going to spend 12 hours away from them!

I start to rag SO out for drinking every day. he gets mad and says he doesn't drink that much, my teenager butts in, and SO starts cracking jokes. I get frustrated and start to binge on cake.

then I go wash the baby, but I am still mad, then I break down and cry. I finally tell SO I'm sorry for yelling at him, but I'm SCARED to leave the baby at night, and I don't think I should HAVE TO FEEL that way.

he tells me it will be alright, and I don't have to worry. It doesn't help, so I go back to the cake. .

I hope I don't gain a pound. I need to total up my calories, but probably going to be around 3000.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #81  

Some people believe in "horoscopes". I do not. I do believe that God is involved in our lives to the minute details, and that He loves us. I also believe He uses ways to communicate to us, if we will stop and listen.

Here is a word from a website, that has brought me through some terrible days. I call them "God-scopes".

Watch for and resist the temptation that comes to draw you back into condemnation that stems from old places of rejection and failure. This is an attack from the enemy of your soul. Recognize it for what it is, and give no place for the devil. Set your mind and heart on things that build you up and not tear you down. I am for you, says the Lord, and not against you. Look up!

Acts 20:32 "So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified."

Really, I should rejoice that I have this job opportunity. I want to be doing God's work in this world and that is not a place of sadness and anger. It is a place of joy. Plus I am so blessed to be able to make such a good living for my children.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #82  

I have been praying alot today. I finally feel peace.

The interviewers told me that another candidate (internal) popped up and that I would have to wait for her to be interviewed. I may or may not get this position. I will just have to wait it out and trust God.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #83  

ok, yesterday, the exhaustion kept me from making more sensible food choices. I ate high fiber oatmeal cookies for most of the day. I was soo tired, it hurt to keep my eyes open.

today, since I don't have any more interviews to worry about, and I'm in dangerous unknown territory, I decided to go ahead and start my 50g carb days.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:27 AM   #84  

You ever see a picture of someone that you just want to vandalize. Put a mustache on them, draw devil horns. That is how I feel when I look at my current avatar, I am so unhappy right now.

I am unhappy in my love life, and I am unhappy all the way around about everything. I know I should be thankful, but I am fighting to just smile. I know alot of changes are coming, and I'm scared. I already feel the weight of working coming down on me, and again, I am pissed off at my so called partner. who puts as little effort as possible into our home life and relationship.

I will leave it at that. I'm going to bed, before I think something I will regret.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #85  

Jen, I am sorry to read you are not feeling well about your life. Take a deep breath and think about how you could make it better... but don't rush to do or say anything you will regret. Eating will not solve anything, and quarrelling with your patner won't either.
When my life was hectic some years ago Flylady helped (checked her site if you don't know the system), and also Get Organized Now helps now and then. I just read their emails and get good ideas to organize my housework better. Children and teenagers learn to help if they see a benefit in it (social or individual).
You may be freaking out a little over the interview and the second candidate, so probably till that is somehow solved you will be feeling awful. Bite the bullet and (as Flylady says) think in terms of fifteen minute activities to push housework.
Things will get better!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:29 AM   #86  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

jendiet - you are terrific for doing this and it is exactly what I needed today. I am so sorry that you are going through a rough patch. I do think it is great that you are trying to take control of your eating and your life. I have a few teenagers too, so I know how stressful it can be - especially if you and your co-parenting partner aren't on the same page. You can get though this.

Last edited by guacamole; 05-31-2012 at 10:34 AM.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:21 PM   #87  

ingles, I know that quarreling will not help. However, I can't understand why SO DOESN'T GET IT. I need more help around here. Especially since I GOT THE JOB.

here are the changes I face:

I won't get to sleep at night anymore. I will work 7pm-7am.
Since I will work 12 hour shifts, I have to figure out how to deal with my regular days.
I have to make sure to pump milk for the baby for the night feedings
I have to figure out how to juggle sleep, housework, cooking dinner, doing school work, and working.
I won't be home in the morning to make sure teenager gets up and gets to school on time.
I will be STRESSED about the care of the baby at night.

guac, I talked with my teenager, and you know what he said, when I said "I need help to lighten my load" He said

"I can help do that". Out of the mouth of babes.

Why can't SO think the same thing in his head. All he says is "we'll get through this". that is not comforting because he is part of the problem, and until he sees that, and changes for the better--he is not going to be of any help to me.

my head hurts really badly today.

I am praying to God for peace. I am also praying about healing my relationship. I have to get over that I am upset because SO is not my ideal man. He is still the love of my life, and he has many good qualities.

this word came from the "God-scope" today:

Come into My presence to receive healing and restoration from the demands on your time and energy. I am your source of life and strength, and you must take the time to come to Me to be refreshed and renewed. Resist the temptation to try to find natural remedies to a spiritual condition. Let Me help carry your burdens and make the load lighter, says the Lord.

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

He couldn't have said it better.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:29 PM   #88  

Congratulations on getting the job! You made it!
As for the rest, it will really be uphill. But you will do it, because you have to. Your DS will help out, you'll see! As to your baby, school work and housework, OMG it is going to be hard! You really need to have a long chat with SO and make sure he takes responsibility over some tasks so you can feel less stressed out. Tell us how you do, ok?
Old 06-01-2012, 02:29 AM   #89  

Ingles, i love that you are mentoring me. I know you have come a long way, and I appreciate your solid advice.

Yeah, it will be uphill, but the battles are the Lord's.

heh. I had a nice evening with SO we checked out google earth and showed each other where we used to live. It was nice.

I'm so tired, might start rambling, good night and thanks.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #90  

After SO and I reconnected, the loving feeling came back. We automatically started to meet each other's needs in a sincere fashion. I stopped nagging and started cuddling and making nooky, and he started putting dishes up and helping with baby and after dinner.

thank God!

So been a positive week, although you could say this is the calm before the storm when we both struggle to find the new routine, and get the baby set in a sleeping schedule that will benefit us both.

I rather enjoy this little honeymoon stage of cuddling together on the couch and talking to each other.