Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/136/125

Height: 5'6

Default Jekyll and Hyde Binging

So basically I keep having random days that I will just go on a binge eating spree. I am usually meticulous about what I eat because I can't stop myself when I start eating junk. The best analogy I can think of is jekyll and hyde. After the first bit I just lose any control and don't always know what I am doing and end up eating a few thousand calories.

I hate myself the next day when I regain control and would really like some advice on how to prevent these episodes. My weight is okay because for the most part I am pretty active and eat pretty healthy but, I just hate the complete loss of control and what the food does to me afterward.

I don't even necessarily eat tasty food when I lose control, I just eat everything that is available in the house, I don't discriminate the food or even random ingredients. Any advice or help would be awesome. I might just be completely crazy but really, any support or help really would be great.
WinterRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/136/120

Height: 5'5"

I know exactly what you're talking about =( It's like...you lose your mind or something >_<
JoJoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/155/130

Height: 5'6

Haha we have pretty much the same set of stats, and the exact same problem I had got down to 135, but bingeing brought me back up to 138/139... I don't really have any advice for you, I'm still figuring it out myself, but I too really want to take control of this!
Spain2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Have you done some insight to try to discover what your trigger is? If you eat sugars you are more likely to lose control than if you don't, but apart from that there usually is some emotional experience in the background, which we conceal by eating. I would advice you to work on your spiritual growth to see what is going on with you, and at the same time try to eat less refined carbs, which may act as triggers too. Tell us how you are doing, and good luck with this!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I've just started this process, but I can't keep any 'triggers' for me in the house. It's easy for me because I live alone. But I know that when I bring those foods into the house they will definitely be eaten and all at once. I'm hoping that I'll get to the point where I don't have to do that. But maybe that's not in the cards for me.
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 208/162/140

Height: 5"3

I somehow thought once I stopped being overweight bingeing wouldn't be a worry anymore, one day at a time
swissy is offline   Reply With Quote