Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-13-2012, 01:53 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 215/159/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglesita64 View Post
Great job, Aleksandra! I am so happy for you! I can imagine how you feel because the same happened to me when I started to add one day to another and another without abusing my body with food. Enjoy the feeling, remember it and next time you are tempted to eat too much too quickly, think of how much you would be losing. You would be losing this great feeling of being more powerful than food!
Today is a birthday for me too: six weeks binge-free, all of 2012 so far! Clap clap clap!
thank you so much! i see how far you've come and i must say i'm impressed! you are right, this powerfull feeling really boosts you up and it's worth to say no to get into this zone!
aleksandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #62  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Surfergirl, don't worry... Now that you know what the trigger is, you may try to fight it. How about getting some friend's help for this? You won't binge if somebody is around, neither will you get that nervous...
As to Valentine's Day, the best way not to get tempted is not to have had a Valentine for the past 8 years. I never overeat on Feb 14! LOL!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #63  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I'm not worrying about Valentine's Day because my bf will cook something healthy...he's pretty realistic about my eating neuroses.

On Friday night I had a few beers and ate a huge slice of pizza after a less-than-healthy dinner of peanut butter toast, buffalo wings and a cheese/fruit board at a bar. I didn't feel great after, but I also didn't treat it as a failure. I think it's this kind of thinking that prevents real binges.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:31 AM   #64  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Over ate today... Finished out at about 2300 calories, but didn't "binge". I also got in a good workout and did a lot of walking. I didn't have that out of control feeling and didn't eat myself silly- just enjoyed some indulgence (maybe a little too much ... ) but I'm going to go ahead and say that I've made it through 9 days without a binge. And I actually feel ok about over-eating. I don't feel deprived and feel like because I ate a little more, I won't be tempted to binge again for a while! So KRAMPUS- I know how you feel about your less- than - healthy but good for your soul Friday. ;-)

Inglesita- you're still an inspiration and thanks for all the encouragement!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #65  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

danzingurl that's exactly what I was talking about! My weight went up for a couple days after that and now it's the lowest it's been in months and months. I think it's so easy to get carried away with micromanaging our eating, and that's what triggers binges in a lot of people.

One interesting observation, my thin male coworker was describing a candy binge he had where he bought $15 worth of candy and ate it all. He has no history of food issues aside from being able to eat whatever he wants and maintain 140 lbs at about 5'7. Sh!t seems to happen to everyone, but only people with a history of weight concerns interpret binges as grave/serious evaluations of self-worth. Just something to think about!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #66  
Jessica

Krampus- yeah you make a good point about your co-worker. I remember in high school when I was much less conscious about my weight, I'd come home and literally have 3 bowls of cereal and eggs with peanut bitter and syrup, simply because I was really hungry- and I wouldn't really think twice about it. Granted- I was about 10 lbs heavier than I am now, but it didn't happen too often, I didn't think twice about it, and my weight stayed completely stable from 9-12 grade. Guess its all about perception!
Old 02-16-2012, 06:37 AM   #67  

Guys, we are doing great! As long as we move in the direction of being more food-aware and more in touch with our feelings, I think we will all get to manage our food issues. Now that I have gone ... 48 days without binging, when I look back on the times when I concealed wrappers so my family would not notice how much I have eaten, or when I could not refrain from another another another cookie/piece of cake/candy/pizza I slice/youknowwhatImean, I feel so "normal"! Keep going, we will get to Feb 29 all together!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

Finally recovered from Sunday's binge--back down to 154.5 this morning...only to have the weekend start already tonight. Tonight i'm going to a professional happy hour, then tomorrow night probably dinner with a friend, and then it's the weekend. No matter how hard i'm going to stay within my calories at least tonight and tomorrow night. Then on the weekend i can let loose a LITTLE bit. I need to try really hard not to binge this weekend. This time around, the pounds are not coming off as quickly, and the last thing i need is to undo all my progress over the weekend.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:18 PM   #69  
Jessica

surfergirl- good luck this weekend and LET US KNOW how it goes!! Knowing you have us to report back to may help- it sure helps me!!

I'm about to hit the hay on day 11! Whew! I've got an audition thatll last three days exactly a week from today do its CRITICAL that I make it to 21 days. I'm so excited and I really think I can get there, dancing around in hot shorts and a half top is just about the best motivator for healthy eating that I can think of ;-)

Keep up the good work! Let's kick February in the booty!
Old 02-17-2012, 07:26 AM   #70  

Surfer, Danzing, both of you are heading for great challenges, so I will be waiting for your updates to see how you do! It's the carnival season here, so weekends are long and full of parties... My motivation is the great distance between the bodies of those who dance in the parades and mine... LOL. But I am getting to my seventh binge-free week, which is a tremendous achievement for me. And I lost another kilo!
Old 02-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the support! I will be sure not to disappoint when i report back on Tuesday

Last night i decided to skip happy hour...i hate to be antisocial but i already have plans to be social the rest of the weekend, and i really didn't want to already be derailed by Thursday night.

Tonight i'm going out to dinner...going to stay on track.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #72  

118° F yesterday, considering the humidity factor. There is no better binge-deterrent than that... Healthy weekend for everyone!
Old 02-19-2012, 01:55 AM   #73  
Jessica

Good luck surfergirl!

Inglesita- that is HOT!! Geeze... And here I am wishing that the weather would warm up... But not quite that much!!

I'm happy to report that I made it through day 13!! It was actually kind of a rough day, I was having some bad cravings and have so much of my favorite candy in the house... Lovely husband is so sweet, and knows all of my favorites, but he doesn't understand why having so many is BAD!

If I can get through tomorrow it'll be the longest I've gone without a binge since before I can remember. Woo hoo!
Old 02-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #74  

Today is my 50th non-binging day. It is so hot I ate only icecream for lunch --impossible to eat anything else, really--, but I noticed icecream does not agree with me the way it used to. My stomach is more "delicate" now, and does not tolerate complex or fatty food. I will probably have a lot of water and not dinner... Not the best way to go through my 50th binge-free-day, but a lesson learned: keep to the good food, girl!

Last edited by inglesita64; 02-19-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #75  
Jessica

inglesita-thats so awesome! 50 days! what an accomplishment! If you don't mind me asking... did you notice that as time went on-you could go longer and longer without a binge... starting with a week and then two.. then maybe 20 days... or did you just figure out how to control it and now you've gone 50 days? when before you had been doing it more often? Just curious on how youve been able to find success!

day 14- woohoo!