Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-17-2011, 08:39 AM   #1  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Default I had a booboo yesterday...getting up, brushing it off

One thing I've always had trouble with is the tripping and stumbling and instead of picking myself up and getting on with it, I throw myself back down and wallow in it. If I have ONE off plan bite, that leads to another until I have a full out binge and just feel like poo about myself. This usually goes on for the rest of the day or the rest of the weekend or whatever else. Yesterday, I booboo-ed and it went on for the rest of the night. I binged on grapes, of all silly things. But that same mentality of feeling out of control carried over into eating M&M's At least it stopped there.

Time to get back on my pony. I was doing SO WELL last week. And quite honestly, I don't think yesterday disqualified me from the "doing well" description. Yes, overeating grapes and M&M's was an oops, but instead of falling into the "well, screw it" trap that's easy for me, I'm back here, I have a plan for today, I'm pretending like yesterday didn't happen and just eating well today. That, to me, is still doing well.

Mistakes WILL happen, but they don't need to ruin me.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Those things happen. I binged on marshmallows the other day and I don't even like marshmallows. At least grapes have some nutrition in them.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkendrick View Post
Mistakes WILL happen, but they don't need to ruin me.

Excellent job brushing yourself off!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 7''

Well done for picking yourself up again. You're my inspiration today :-)
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

mkendrick, you are truly an inspiration. I always look forward to your posts and I am glad you are back on the wagon. Your story has had one of the biggest impacts on me throughout my journey. I am so glad youre back.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:36 AM   #6  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Thanks everyone I had a much better day yesterday. The other night was just a silly blip.

And 170starting, that means a lot to me I don't think my story (or at least my actions) have always been all that inspiration, but I've been able to keep a fairly strong (albeit desperate, at times) hold on my goal of reaching and maintaining my maintenance range. But there have been several trip ups along the way, hehe.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote