Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-14-2011, 07:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Default Weight Loss and Travel

I'm sure there have probably been many threads about this, but I'm starting a new one. I travel a lot for work. And I get along well with the people that I travel with. So it's a lot of socializing, eating out at places that usually don't have good eating options and then drinks at the bar.

I've recently started on this journey to lose weight, but I haven't had to travel since I started. Tomorrow is my first trip, Monday through Thursday. Does anyone have any advice on how to stick to a diet during work travel? Any tips? I'm just worried that the bad habits that I have during travel will then carry back to my habits at home, and then I'll have to start all over again. So any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #2  
hot mama!

S/C/G: 184/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Here's some ideas (I don't always follow my advice, but it sounds good in theory...haha)

You could plan your eating choices ahead of time. That way you've already made your decision and won't debate it once you get there. If you know the restaraunt you're going to, see if you can find a menu online in advance. Skip the dessert, soda and alchohol and have water to save lots of calories...unless of course, you plan ahead for it. "On such and such day, I'll have 'X' drink".

You could also find a grocery store for snack and breakfast items or pack some if it's practical. I always pack a little cooler of healthy snacks when I go out of town for conventions. Even if it just gets me through two of the three days, it's better than nothing.

Starbucks has some really great oatmeal that's pretty cheap. I love that I can sweeten it and do the add-ins myself.

Be strong! You can do it!
Tanna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

If you can spare the room, definitely bring some snacks along. Also, there are some very reasonable 'fast food' choices out there - for example, McDonald's has oatmeal and the fruit and yogurt parfaits are pretty yummy but lower in calories.

Another option, see if you can request a fridge and microwave in your hotel room (if you didn't get one already). You can order food, put half of it into a doggie bag, and eat the rest - so one big restaurant meal turns into 2. If you do this with a salad, make sure to get your dressing on the side as the greens will get all soggy and gross if you refrigerate them with the dressing on it.

As far as drinks are concerned, some places are serving Skinny Girl products which are very reasonable (100 - 135 calories a piece) and you can get diet soda with vodka or rum instead of a fruity mixed dink.
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

I drink soda water with lime. Zero cals and it looks more like a drink.
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote