Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 155/153/135

Height: 5'9''

haha, abluvion, chocolate would be such a bad idea for me! Dark, milk, or white.. i'll eat the whole bar. I had my birthday today (yay!) and i lost track of how many peices of chocolate cake I ate ()... I feel bad about it, but I don't have birthday's often, so i don't think i should beat myself up too much.

Tomorrow's a new day! And hopefully I wont keep saying that every day.
pandadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #32  
I'm in here somewhere!

S/C/G: 215/tracker/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I thought I lost all of you. duh. it's a new week. I'm such a moron.
ANYhow, I haven't binged at all.... yet. just 4 days in a row though. Some of you ladies are amazing!!!

Panda - Happy Birthday! and you're right. you don't have birthdays often!
RealMeSomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/125

Height: 5'3"

Hope I'm not to late in jumping in. I am having some struggles with bingeing especially in the evening befor I go to bed. Alot of it comes from working evening shift and not having a chance to eat till 11 pm, and by that time I eat anything that is easy and sounds good to me. I am starting school in 2 weeks and realy need to start getting a handle on this issue.
Abigail207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #34  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 10- Still eating all my own cooked meals, this seems to be the only way that works for me. While I'm cooking and preparing the healthy food, I'm not even thinking of junk food or binging. I never feel deprived of anything, cause I eat everything I make and never limit myself to certain foods. I did over eat last night, baked my daughter the cookies she wanted. I was eating them as they were coming out of the oven, it wasn't even close to a binge and I ate all healthy during the day. Today was extra hungry from doing yard work, ate over my calorie limit with healthy food. To be honest, I don't like the feeling of being too full anymore, so as soon as I feel full, I stop. I can't believe how I used to stuff myself til i was sick, it was so uncomfortable. I haven't done that in months, i just didn't feel like going through that anymore.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:35 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Thanks jendiet, abluvion!

Day 5... I need to separate going off plan from bingeing, I went out to dinner tonight, so I wasn't perfect OP, but it wasn't a binge and didn't lead me to give up my plan for the rest of the week, it was just dinner...what a concept!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:45 PM   #36  

Height: 5' 4''

I love just looking at all of the weight tickers...so inspiring...
Wow I had a horrible binge...Now that it has been awhile and I have my common sense back I never feel like binging again. I feel reborn or something if you know what I mean xD Wish me luck Tomorrow is a new day and I sincerely need it.

I wish everyone else luck on their binge free journey.
Mashy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #37  

Mashy, that reborn feeling is all too familiar. Try to hang on to it, it can be slippery!!

Day 11 here (fruitlady, we're almost on the same schedule!). Everything is going well. Body rewarded me with a nice little lb woosh after a few days of stubborn. It pays not to give in to the voices that say you're failing, the scale's stuck, what's the point.

Last edited by abluvion; 08-11-2011 at 08:48 AM.
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:20 AM   #38  

Hello again to everyone...I have been awol for about 4 weeks, and have also been awol from eating with control. 10 pounds gained it the terrible result and I am so scared and ashamed. I have treid to regain control and everyday I collapse again and find myself eating and eating, not even stuff I like or crave, just eating for the sake of eating. I decided I have to admit this to eeveryone and post daily, even when I am 'failing' or I may never regain control. Thanks for listening. Officially DAY 1 starting now...let's hope I can post that I was successful this evening.
firebirdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #39  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlady View Post
I can't believe how I used to stuff myself til i was sick, it was so uncomfortable.
I have had this same thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlady View Post
I haven't done that in months, i just didn't feel like going through that anymore.
Followed by this same victory.

Great job Fruitlady. I prepare 98% of my meals as well. It has also helped me lose the weight I needed to and gain my control back over food. The thoughts of binging will always be there but by doing these types of things, it helps to keep them "in check." Be proud of the steps you continue to take to improve your health and battle those demons! You are doing great!

Welcome to any new folks! We are always glad you are here! You are safe and among friends here.

To all the regular warriors, fight on. Stay strong.

Day 305. It's hard to believe there are only 60 days left. Self High Five.

Last edited by Vixsin; 08-11-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #40  
I'm in here somewhere!

S/C/G: 215/tracker/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Day 5 and I still haven't binged. I can't believe it! I haven't been on point with exercising but for me, it's a big step not binge eating and not eating late at night.

Abigal - that has to be quite difficult working the late shift and being dead tired and not wanting to cook! I can't imagine. Stay strong in those moments! Grab an apple and a little peanut butter; healthy sugar and protein. And for crunchy salty stuff (I really miss potato chips!) try roasted, salted soy beans. I promise, they aren't nasty. I bet you have your own strategies.... you can do it!!! and, like you said, school will start soon...

Firebird - we are here for you! And you can see i have only 5 days of being good. I might not be the one to advise you but I can support you!!! It's good you came back!

Fruit - an inspiration as always! I think I make most of my meals. Nothing pre-packaged is that what you mean? I did have a lean cuisine though this week; passed up fast food for that though!

Vixsin - another inspirational entry. I appreciate all your words and advice!

Beth C. - you are positively spot on!! There is a difference between binge eating and being POP. Going over calorie budget is not the same as eating a whole cake. Is that what you mean?

Enjoy your Friday everyone!
RealMeSomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #41  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

Vixsin- Thank you so much, hopefully I can eventually be as successful as you have been.
RealME- Thank you, I don't eat anything pre-packaged or any frozen meals, they put some creepy ingredients in that stuff. I cook from scratch w/ whole foods.
Abluvion- We are on the same binge free day! Yay!

Day 11- I was cooking like crazy today, getting just grab meals ready for the fridge and managed to make a crustless quiche for hubby. He loves it, he asks me to make it 4 times a week! I really want to make veggie lasagna again, but the fridge is packed. I decided that I'm comfortable enough now that I'm not going to count over eating as binging. It really helped me to not eat til I was too full. It's been months since I truly binged til I was sick, but only 11 days since I over ate. I realized I can now feel how full or hungry I really am and how it feels to be just right. I like that just right feeling, that's how I made it this far. I'm going to trust my body & mind on this one, LOL
Old 08-11-2011, 11:13 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/125

Height: 5'3"

One of my other stuggles isn't nessisarily bingeing, but not always making the right decisions. Like today I was out all day and so I ate out all day, I did well at the chinese restrant, I got nothing but vegetables and what meat they had that wasn't deep fried, then when I visited some relatives they offered desert and I only took half a piece which was fine, but come supper time we stoped and got Wendy's to go, thats were I crumbled, I had a Jr. Bacon Cheese burger and a sm. fry, normaly thats not so bad but after the higher calorie lunch I should have choosen better like a bowl of chili. Whats frustrating me is not that i make the occasional mistake and learn from it, its that I make these mistakes all the time and never learn from them =(. I hope that I can get the hang of this soon!
Abigail207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #43  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Today is Day 306.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:25 PM   #44  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

I hope I can jump in. I decided to really limit any excess sugar. It is only day one and I feel uneasy. I am making a thirty day challenge. Bingeing on unhealthy things including sugar...both problems I want to decrease.
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #45  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

Day 12- Another good eating day! The weekend is here, I'm gonna try to forget that it is. That's when I tend to stray from healthy food!