Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-03-2011, 02:46 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Thank you all for the words of encouragment.

Vixsin, i agree, thanks so much for this thread week after week. You are an inspiration to us all! You made it to a year, and you care enough to keep us going.

Lemon, hun you are going through alot, but remember what will binging do for you? yes, you will feel better for a total of 5 minutes, then the guilt will hit about how much food you ate and what it will cost your weight. Good job on deciding NOT to binge.

Chloe, yay on day 40. I just know I'm trying to make it through this week. But thoughts of a tub of icecream and fudge striped cookies keep popping up.

Gettingfit, keep doing the right thing until it becomes a habit.

missSun, i am sure you probably needed a refeeding. I did the same today. I feel no shame. I was hungry. been hungry because of the stomach bug.

fruitlady, I am glad the lock up is working for you. hang in there.

paris, this thread is a saver. I come here when I want to binge too.

abluvion, i am glad you had a catharsis. That helps with the binging alot for me.

another fussy day. Gah. I thought my milk supply was drying up and I just wanted to sit and cry. but suprisingly it's been working on demand today...I even got him to nurse more on the left side. I did STRESS eat today. I was dealing with the baby fussing, I just got done eating dinner, and wanted a little dessert, but I just kept looking for something else to eat...I caught myself and walked away again. I did eat some icecream, and made myself a parfait.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #32  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

this thread is a saver. I come here when I want to binge too.

That's why I continue to create the thread week after week. Not only for myself, but for every person who has a thought like this. This thread offers someplace safe to go instead of turning to food.

Day 297 here.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #33  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone and thanks for the words of encouragement. You all are so right that as the days go by it will get easier to avoid the binges. So far I've made it through 2 days. Now I need to start focusing on staying within my WW Points range and journaling. I also need to ease my way back into working out.

Have a great OP/Binge Free day everyone
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:22 AM   #34  

jendiet - I can only imagine what stress a baby brings. Hang in there, you are doing great.

GettinFit - We can do it!

Two days successfully down. Yesterday I was snacky in the afternoon... Didn't want to binge per se but could have ended up that way if I wasn't careful. I had a super early (4pm) dinner instead, ate exactly what I had planned for dinner. Figured I could have a snack later if need be, but lo and behold, I ate dinner and didn't even think about food the rest of the day. Guess my body was happy enough that I listened to it.

Onward to day 3!
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #35  

migraine today. I need to remember food doesn't MAGICALLy make them go away. blah.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #36  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

jen- thanks, I'm doing better now. I think I'm detoxed! Stay strong today!

vixsin- thank you for doing this thread every week, it helps so many people!

day 3- I noticed something, when I spend time cooking healthy meals, it keeps my mind off of junk food & binging. I'm planning my dinners, cooking each meal, and focusing on eating healthy whole foods cooked w/ no salt or added fat. Sometimes I spend hours cooking every night, like I did tonight. Even baked a dessert for my daughter cause she asked me to make it for her. I didn't even want any!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/170

I over eat when I have a migraine too. As if the chewing and short-term escape will solve it. I also always get it in my head that my migraine is due to something I haven't eaten (chocolate, salty, carbs, blah blah blah) so I let myself eat anything and everything.

Migraines suck!
kwigg619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 124/?/107-110

day 18 coming to a close. yesterday was awful, but i pulled through. today has been so so. i can't help but wonder when this will stop being a daily fight and i can go through a day without thinking about binging and having to fight myself. i want to binge SO BADLY.

the next week is going to be a huge challenge for me as hubby is off for a staycation and then we take a mini-vacation. i don't do well when i'm off my normal schedule and my hubby also likes to eat out more. which we will do anyway when on vacation. this is going to be a struggle and i have been stressing out about it for days. i hate that i dread a vacation because of food. one of these days this has to end...right?
heather29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #39  

Wrapped up day 3 last night. So far, it hasn't been a struggle. But I know I will struggle some time... That's the nature of this beast. Just have to prepare myself now, while I'm feeling strong, for what I can do to combat the binge urges later. Like shoring up the castle walls before an attack. Because dammit, I am tired of giving in.
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #40  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Good Morning All,

Feeling sluggish today. I've had a busy week with work and lots of house cleaning. I'm feeling restless because I start college at the end of the month and finances are tight here in Single Mom Land. Munched hard on the cheese balls that were in the cabinet. I had the thought as I was sitting down with them that sitting was a bad idea, immediately followed by the second thought of well, lets just see what happens. I finished them....DUH! I'm glad there wasn't much damage from them and I could evidently afford the calories but wow! And all of that AFTER I snarfed about 6 spoonfuls of peanut butter AND fluff! So I made that my supper, had a greek yogurt with some whole grain cheerios. Better planning would have been the perfect solution. If I had come home and cooked the supper that I had planned, none of the junk incidents would have happened. Today I am going to try and do better.

Day 298 here...just barely. Self High Five!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:46 AM   #41  

Ok, I said there was nothing in the cabinet to magically get rid of my headache, then my friend comes over and tells me how she went and got a cappucino and finally got rid of hers....hahha.

well, i dealt with that frigging headache all day. migraines do suck. Finally got over it, and felt like DANCING on the ceiling. We did our 15 minutes of jogging on the rebounder, and then i felt like a late night splurge. Coconut cream pie milkshake, but I was also hungry. We ate chicken brownrice and broccoli, but because I had a guest and we were already eating leftovers, i did not have enough dinner to put a dent in my hunger. So about midnight I found myself jonesing for a milkshake. Went out and got it. Despite the fact my car wouldn't start, and as soon as I walked in the door, I dropped everything on the ground---it was so WORTH IT.

vixsin, sounds like the stress is making you reach for the salty/fatty things our adrenals crave. I hear you about being broke. I have an RN license now, i am ready to put it to work for some cash flow.

If I can get through this week, it will be 3 weeks for me. I noticed with this thread, I overeat, but the thread reminds me WHY i don't want to binge. What does that mean to me? It has been 3 weeks since I sat down to polish off a WHOLE PACKAGE of cookies with 4 cups of milk, and a pudding.

Oh yeah. I lost 5 lbs. I have to use the minitramp guy, cuz that is my favorite exercise.

Last edited by jendiet; 08-04-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Day 38!

Sorry been MIA and just coming in and out of here...busy again as usual.

I'm down again 0.5lbs...it's all due to being binge free!

I love it!

Just quick messages to some of the posts I read...still trying to find more time to read everyone's posts...

Vixsin--Almost 300 days! I think you're doing so good. Thank you for making this place to go to week after week. You're a God Send for us all

Jen Diet--Hope that your finance situation w/ school gets better. I know that it's worth it all, every penny, just hard right now. So look forward to the better future you are paying now. For you and your family. You are such a strong person to be going through all this while being a mom and wife. Keep staying strong and healthy

FruitLady--glad to hear that things are getting better after you realized that cooking and preparing your own meals helps you become more aware of what you are eating. I hope that you will continue to cook more of your meals at home. I LOVE preparing my own food. I never know what is going on my plate when I order out, so I have to be careful when dining out.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #43  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

vixsin- Peanut butter & fluff is addicting, I used to binge on that all the time. Be careful with that stuff around the house.
beila- I never have the money to eat out, that's a good thing. The weekend is the hard time for me cause I don't have as much time to cook a meal. This Saturday I will make sure to make time!

Day 4- cooked again and was reminded of how much I love healthy whole food and if i make it, I know what's in it!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:49 AM   #44  

another day binge free. I will just keep a keepin' on.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:28 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 117/113.5/110-112

Height: 5'4

Can I join you ladies again? I am in such bad shape--I weighed in at the highest weight I've weighed in about 2 years. Ugh. I need to stop binging AND stick to my diet.

No Binge Days = 0
On Plan Days = 0
spingirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote