Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 02:45 PM   #1  
Domestic Goddess

Default Exercise....I know I need to do something

But I'm such an idiot when it comes to exercise.

I am not coordinated in any way. When the Lord was passing our grace I was in the sarcasim line getting more of that.

I have done step exercise in the past and I did like that. I've also walked but I dont have the time to go out and having all the boys with me will not allow me to go very far. I dont think they would be able to keep up with me and the pace that I like to walk at.

I am looking for an exercise that will help to burn calories and develop some muscle. I've learned recently that muscle burns calories and I want some of that LOL....b
ut I'm not sure what type of exercise to do

I dont know if I should do some type of lifting or resistance training. Like I said before I have NO IDEA what I'm doing when it comes to the exercise.

I dont have the extra money to spend on equipment or gym membership. I need something that will be done at home and that gives me a decent amount of variety because I do get bored easily. I'm even willing for this to be something that DH and I can do together...besides our usual exercise....Wink Wink....

I am over the fact that I will look silly doing this. I dont care. My fat is not a secret. My DH has seen me at my best and worst and he still loves me. He told me that he plans on start lifting again. We do have some of that equipments so that's an option for me.

If you have ANY suggestions I'm open to them. Please just remember that fancy expensive equipment and gym memberships are our of the question...at least for now.

Thanks

Last edited by ChrissyB; 01-17-2003 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-17-2003, 03:30 PM   #2  

Default Exercise advice

Chrissy, do you have a Costco membership? If you do, go and look at the movie section because they have started to carry a good variety of exercise tapes and dvds. And you don't need a a lot of fancy equipment for these videos! I picked up a pilates video, and they also had yoga, walking, exercise ball, and I think resistance band exercise videos.

Those are all very good types of exercise that work the whole body and that you can modify from very beginner to advanced. I like pilates and the exercise ball because I have lower back problems and the videos show you how to work slowly to build up abdominal/back strength and use your own body weight to get stronger.

Check out your local library too and see if in their movie rental section there are any exercise tapes!

Hope this helps a little. Good luck in getting fit!

JohnnieAnn
Old 01-17-2003, 05:16 PM   #3  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I am addicted to Tae Bo, I highly recommend the tapes. They are fun, and I have been doing them for 5 months and have yet to get bored.
Old 01-17-2003, 07:38 PM   #4  
Domestic Goddess

So is Pilates for us chubby...fat...big girls or will I need to Jaws of Life to come and rescue me.

I'm interested in Pilates but looked at a web-site...maybe it's for the more nimble and it looks like something that I might hurt myself trying....remember I'm not graceful.

Give me some info if you do this. Thanks. ChrissyB
Closed Thread