Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-17-2011, 02:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/240/140

Height: 5 4

Default Food is Just Food!!!

I'm in control because I finally got it!!! Food is just Food!!

In the past when I was on the latest diet I only focused on my “long term goals.” I never allowed myself to feel good about the short-term accomplishments. And I certainly never thought about why I gained the weight in the first place.

I think over-eating is a lot like drinking too much! It is a futile attempt to fill an empty void caused by something we are afraid to actually deal with. What I have learned by reading articles by Malcolm Baptiste called "Weight Loss Management Psychology" is that until I deal with the cause of the void, I will constantly return to food or whatever vice I use to try to fill it.

Understanding this has allowed me to finally understand that food will not get it! It won't me me happy! It won't take the saddness or stress away! And it certainly won't magically cure my problems!

Food is energy! Food is nutrition! Food is just Food!

Because of this new found knowledge I am now able to let food simply be food and not medicine, not comfort, not my friend! Just food!

We can do this thing "one day at a time!"

Here's to a Brand New You and a "Brand New Me"
greenlove62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #2  
Junk Warrior

S/C/G: 275/241/180

Height: 5'10

In AA we call it the "god sized hole" that needs to be filled with spirituality. Everything else disappears in it like a sinkhole.
BowandArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Yes! Food is energy to me! Look at food as a way to keep you going throughout your day. It's FUEL!

Our bodies were meant to be performance sports cars. Do you want to put high octane in your tank or crappy crude oil?

Put the best, the most nutritious foods to power you throughout your whole day!

Last edited by Beila; 06-17-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/240/140

Height: 5 4

Amen!!!

It's amazing I've heard it said by diet guru after diet guru but their messages were always competing with my thoughts!!

Now I KNOW that food is simply fuel and energy and I can't get it confused as being more.

Revelation is a powerful thing!!

Let's continue to take it "one day at a time!"
greenlove62 is offline   Reply With Quote