Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-14-2011, 05:51 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 117/113.5/110-112

Height: 5'4

Day four yesterday. And I was rewarded by a 1-lb drop in the scale, which I am hoping is not a fluke!

Fruitlady: please don't beat yourself up! We've all been there. Sometimes I think that the worst part about the binging is the guilt/emotional turmoil that follows.
spingirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:48 AM   #32  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

firebirdgirl, fruitlady - I hope you can hit the ground running and not dwell on the negative effects of the binges.

I feel fragile tonight. My dinner was really small (salad with tofu and a hard boiled egg) because I had an "extra" at lunch - some special needs people were selling takoyaki (doughy snacky things with octopus and veggies, on par with fried food) at the office.

Not gonna do it though. I hereby forbid myself to leave the house. There is no junk food here.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:02 AM   #33  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Firebird:

Fruitlady:

Nucuneo:
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #34  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Day 16 n a long day ahead.....
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:09 AM   #35  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beila View Post
As a general comment, I notice that a lot of us react negatively after a buffet. As if buffets, no matter what you eat at the buffet (healthy or unhealthy, just enough or way too much) were causing the binges even after the buffet.

Just remember, even though you ate at a buffet, it doesn't mean it's over, you blew it, so now you have a license to binge. Buffets are normal and eating at a buffet is normal. Think of buffets as any other normal restaurant, and get the same amount or choices of food that you would at other restaurants. And if you go over board and lose control, just go back to normal eating with the very next meal. No need to feel bad, or guilty. I myself used to feel this way after buffets, souplantation specifically, but only recently I started to change my view of buffets, and instead I enjoy them and don't equate the buffet as a bad thing. Instead, I think of it as a way to enjoy food and picking what I want to eat and deciding how much I want. I am more able to stay in control this way, when I can focus on the enjoyment of the different foods in small portions, rather than large quantities of just afew things. And don't worry that you won't be able to do this again, thus causing you to eat like ther's no tomorrow. There will be more buffets in the future.

Beila: Thanks for posting this. It brought up some pretty strong feelings for me as well. I've been to 2 buffet meal since I started my journey. To me, buffet has ALWAYS equaled binge. Moderation isn't even in the English language when I am at a buffet. The old me used to go to the various lunch buffet with my other heavy friend and we would eat and eat and EAT. So, to me, the buffet is a very, very scary place. There are far too many choices and with that, there are FAR too many UNHEALTHY choices. The first time I went I had small servings of many things and almost felt ok about it but in the end still felt very guilty. The second time I went was months later and I found myself walking around looking at everything and deciding on what I wanted. And that second experience was more stressful for me because I had a hard time deciding what I was going to "spend" my calories on. Something sinfully fried or a smidgen of dessert? So in my really roundabout way, I have decided that buffets are one of those off limits places for me. I find the experience to be too stressful for me.

Today is Day 248 here.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

I was thinking a lot about the discussion about what a "binge" is. Like i said above, i've decided to stop counting calories and allow myself to eat until physically satisfied. Well, for dinner last night and breakfast this morning, that turned out to be a LOT of food. Like 1500 calories each meal (i'm not supposed to count, but i can't help estimating a little). That amount would certainly seem like a binge for most people. But i didn't have that out-of-control-give-me-sugar feeling that i usually do on a binge. And there are reasons i would be hungrier than usual (tons of exercise the last few days). But still...am i trying to justify what actually was a binge? I am having a hard time deciding. And part of the whole binging problem (for me) is obsessing about it. So i'm going to stop obsessing about it. I'll just try to keep each meal somewhat reasonable...that's all i am shooting for.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:40 PM   #37  

First... like the new pic Vixsin...
Second... Day 1 under my belt...successful and feeling good!. I have already planned for a weight increase this week (WI tomorrow) and am okay with it. I understand where it is coming from and what I need to do differently to reverse it...
Third... looking forward to my son's graduation from University this weekend.
firebirdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #38  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Thank you chicks! your all so helpful and supportive.

My husband knows i have a problem( he doesn't know I secretly take junk when he's not looking and quick shove it in my mouth), but really has no clue how bad it is or what it's like for someone to go through this mental torture everyday. He says he will do anything to help me, then turns around and buys tons of junk food, he's becoming too lazy to lock it up in the safe. I told him that if he really cared, he would make sure the junk is locked up so I can't get it. He still doesn't do it! that shows how much he cares!

Today wasn't much better, I binged this morning after breakfast. Ate every bit of junk left in the house, wasn't too much left thankfully. I even lied to hubby and said ants got into it and I had to throw it away. He doesn't know I ate it. 3169 calories for the day & I'm blowing up like a balloon. I felt so bad that I did it again, I didn't eat since. It was 8 hrs ago, still not hungry & at this point i don't even care if I ever want to eat.

3 days of binging and sorry to say i enjoyed every moment, I was totally out of this world mentally, maybe in my own little world. I'm depressed that I will have over ten pounds to lose. At least there's nothing here for me to binge on now, i told hubby not to bother buying anything, I will throw it away!

Tomorrow will be a success, only because there is nothing here!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:08 PM   #39  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Day 16 - not much to contribute today. Urges seem to be under control, helps not having stuff in my face all day.

I'm going to a dinner buffet Friday, but I'm planning on ordering from the menu and avoided the buffet line. I have a long training run to do before our trip and I need to make sure I dont overeat Friday, especially junk because it will make me sick during my run.

I have all weekend to indulge if I want to, hopefully I don't. I really want to settle into a maintenance routine while in the process lose the weight I've regained. So I've set my cals to maintain my goal weight and I don't care how long it takes to get there. I've got to settle down and stop obsessing and accept that this is my life - I'm a formerly obese person with an eating disorder who has to watch what she eats all the time. At least for now. Maybe some day a few years down the road I'll figure out how to be "normal"...oh enough of the pity party - 16 days!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #40  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Day 7 today, hope I make it! Morning is off to a shaky start. It's apparently "give krampus bite-sized homemade treats" day at work, and I woke up absolutely starving so I had a 205 calorie bagel sandwich for breakfast - my usual Friday treat breakfast. I'm hoping my absolutely massive lunch will quell the deprived/tantrum feeling bubbling up. I'm so tired of noticing constantly that I weigh 20-30 lbs more than all my coworkers.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #41  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I need a new avi after seeing all of you ladies!
Love them

Ending Day 3 and still contemplating this whole binge/cheat concept.
I can have certain tons of junk around my house for DH and not think twice about it.
I also can have trigger foods, like cake, kid-centered cereal, fruity candy, and strawberry newtons that create the environment for binging for me. It’s like all of it has to be eaten before I am ok with it. It’s obsessive and weird! I’m a freak!
However, the same bag of chips or chocolate can be in my face all day and I’m completely fine with it. It can sit here and rot before I eat it.
One thing I am really thinking heavily of binging on this past week and this week is Merlot! I know they have a different group for this but I am seriously fantasizing about downing an entire bottle and since I’ve been today, I really, really want a Pina Colada or 2 or 5 ((different group, I know)). I can rarely just drink 1 glass or 2 when I drink it. It’s been a few weeks since the last time I binged on Merlot, but I see an event in my near future :-/
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:28 PM   #42  

Height: 5'5"

I think I need to live here. Day 2. Was doing so well until I lost power and had to go out to eat Friday night. Wish I didn't let little opportunities take over EVERY SINGLE TIME. Anyway, I've got all my meals planned out for the week and am motivated to behave myself!
christiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:54 PM   #43  
Working hard

S/C/G: 280/272/250

Height: 5'5"

Made it through day 15 and still feeling good. I had some urges last night because I was hungry and wanted something but I managed to say no and just go to sleep. I was off work today so I missed my formal workout but I went to my kiddo's school for field day and that was a workout and I stuck to my normal lunch of PB&J ( which I am kinda hooked on for lunch) I missed breakfast and snack so when kiddo got home she had her normal after school snack and I had the urge to just eat whatever I could see, but instead I had a piece of pita with some humas and walked out of the kitchen. And since I still had that feeling wanting to stuff my face with anything I could find, I decided that the boneless, skinless chicken breast for dinner and veggies just wasn't going to cut it, i needed something flavorful and felt like I was eating something naughty. So I had a small box of suddenly pasta salad and since it was just one small box I knew that I could make it a chicken pasta dish that was pretty low in fat and cals and small but filling serving so I had a small plate of the chicken pasta and huge bowl of raw veggies and by munching them between bites of the pasta it made the serving size seem like it went further plus I felt nice and full once I was done and then we had watermellon for dessert so I feel satisfied and not overly fully or overly hungry. It is a balancing game and I am trying to keep one step ahead. Night everyone
jenfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:55 AM   #44  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Day 16 is done lol it's almost midnight here.... This summer semester is killing me 6 classes in 8 weeks plus an internship but I am taking one day at a time... I am also trying to practice self care and I have been working out....
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:29 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Default Frustrated with my weakness for baked treats :(

Ughhh...i can't even tell how many cals I ate today (I mean Tuesday).

Breakfast was good...eggwhites, a banana, grapefruit.

Then lunch was a cheat (a grilled shrimp taco from food truck, and then had some sweet potato fries).

Then afternoon had a froyo for snack but got 2 fro yo's. I finished the first, and went back for more...so like 300 cals there.

THEN... I got some cookies from one of my FAVORITE bakeries and tried some of their cakes/pies/cookies/rugalas. They sell it by weight so fortunately I just bought the tiniest slices.

But WHY??!! ARGGHHH! I think I was close to 2500 cals for the day, but I didn't even eat that much Still hungry and it's 1:30am.

I didn't even have room for dinner so I just finished off 4 more little cookies to just "rid" them from my house. All the cookies and treats cost me $8, and they were so small!

Can't I quit it with the cakes/cookies! I'm angry with myself, but at the same time, I can't be mad cause I just need to move on....

How can I stop it with the desserts? It seems like every 3-4 days I get some dessert / treat because I feel like I "need it". I can tell you trutfully, I DO NOT need it. It's just so unfortunate that I cave like this.

Oh PS...I don't consider any of this binging...but serious CHEATING, which I haven't done for at least over a week and a half. I'm used to small cheating, like a piece of candy or bite of pizza, etc.

Last edited by Beila; 06-15-2011 at 04:31 AM.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote