Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl2 View Post
Thanks for the advice.

NOTHING is working...even trying to keep my calories to maintenance level isn't working! I think i'm going to try NOT dieting...sort of an intuitive eating approach...and see how that works. I'm going to eat 3 meals a day (more often is just not good, i just keep thinking about food), and eat as much as my body is hungry for, without binging. I'm going to track calories only so i know...and not try to shoot for some pre-set limit. Somehow this doesn't seem like a good formula for losing weight...but maybe it will prevent my brain from rebelling and wanting to binge.
Is something happening right before you binge that triggers it? For me, it was an everyday escape from work/small life stresses. Maybe you could explore that first and that will help you find the right method of getting to a more regular pattern of eating.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
Is something happening right before you binge that triggers it? For me, it was an everyday escape from work/small life stresses. Maybe you could explore that first and that will help you find the right method of getting to a more regular pattern of eating.
Sometimes it's external stress but often lately i've noticed it's the stress from being on a diet. Several times a day, when i'm dieting, i'll have a mini panic attack and think "oh no i am hungry i'm afraid i'll fall off my diet and eat eveyrthing in sight." My binges start when i've finished eating all my calories for the day, and think "oh no i'm still hungry." and then i allow myself to eat another 200 calories. and then i feel bad about it and keep going ,and it just snowballs.

So i've given up calorie counting. There is no "limit" to what i am allowed to eat. I am allowed to eat until i am physically full. I have found that it has worked so far. I no longer feel this panic at the end of meals. Instead i feel like ok, i'm satisfied now, no need to panic/stress about food.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #18  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl2 View Post
Instead i feel like ok, i'm satisfied now, no need to panic/stress about food.
I think that's excellent! It's all about finding what works for us individually. And if this method is helping you keep level-headed about food, then I wish you all the best with it!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote