Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #1  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Default Binge Free Challenge: 6.6.11 - 6.12.11

Welcome to the binge-free challenge!!

This is a place where you can come in and talk about binging. Feel free to post about your successes and your struggles and keep track of how many days you've been binge free. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other.

No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!! Please do not hesitate to post your feelings. Jump right in head first!!! We WILL catch you!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #2  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

I need this thread. I binged yesterday so for the rest of the week I need to make sure I have myself under control. Yesterday's binge included:

2 servings of Foster's chicken nuggets w/ honey mustard
5 chocolate pb cup cookies
1 slice stuffed crust pizza w/ Italian sausage and mushrooms
4 pieces Parmesan garlic boneless chicken wings
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
1 20oz Pepsi

Ugh. Looking at that I feel like such a failure. Every other day last week was on plan but I destroyed it yesterday. Up two pounds this morning .
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #3  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I ate so much over the weekend that calorically it probably approached binge levels, but I'm calling it "overeating" because it felt different to my home-alone binges. So that makes today Day 7.

All the carbs consumed over the weekend (pizza, donuts, ice cream, candy, noodles...ahh!) led to my best and longest run ever! I don't know how far I went but I'm guessing it was about 6 miles nonstop.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:50 PM   #4  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Tmr will be day 8....hoping to finish today strong so I can have a week under my belt before school starts
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/125/152

Height: 5"2

I'm up to a challange of a week with no binging!!
Maude23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:56 AM   #6  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Made it through Day 6 without too much difficulty, but yet again the scales are up, another 1.4lbs overnight!!!
I really don't understand what's going on, I only know that it's driving me to distraction and I don't know what to do. I'm trying to stay calm and just keep doing what I've been doing but it's so hard, I've got this horrendous panicky feeling inside.
I have come up with three possibilities which I wondered if anyone else has any experience of:-
1. I think I just ovulated over the weekend. Do any of you gain when you ovulate (Ncuneo I know you said that you do, thanks). When I was losing I thought I'd seen a pattern of me doing it, but not since I hit maintenance, so I'm confused.
2. I started taking a multivitamin with iron a couple of weeks ago. I've been taking a multivitamin for a while but not with extra iron. I'm having problems with constipation a bit and I'm feeling so bloated, haven't been all weekend and before that it was about every other day. Does iron cause constipation or bloating?
3. I also started taking Kalms tablets a couple of weeks ago as I'm going through a really stressful time at the moment and have been struggling a lot with anxiety. Anyone with any experience of them?

I don't know what to do for the best. Keep going and see what happens over the next few days, or stop both tablets and see if that helps. I just know that I'm in danger of completely losing my mind the weight these numbers are messing with me.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:15 AM   #7  
Grace

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/154

Height: 5'9

I didnt binge all weekend!! this hasnt happened in months, possibly a year!!
Blondie160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #8  
Super Single Mom

Today is day 240! I feel strong today. It feels good to be in control today.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #9  
Super Single Mom

Lamb: Welcome aboard! This is a great place to be. You will find the support we all need here.

Krampus: Sorry about the overeating. I agree with you to call it that and not a binge since you clearly know the difference in how they feel. I could really relate to that statement. Congrats on that run!!!!! Sometimes we find the greatest energy and drive in some of our lowest moments. Be proud of that run! You should be!

Loving Me: What a great post. I'd like to answer your questions from my own experiences. Ovulation: Yep, I gain 2-3 lbs during ovulation now. Bloating/Constipation: Yes again, both of which can lead to a gain. Anxiety: OOOH Yes!!! Anxiety can cause gains as well. Lack of sleep also can lead to a gain the following morning too. Gotta love our bodies... Hang in there. Stay strong.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

389!

I've decided I'm going to try to check in once a week, on Monday, unless I need something extra. I did it last week, and it worked well! We'll see how it goes...

Good luck everyone!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #11  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Having an off day...I woke up hungry...always a sign of a tough day to come. Then I stupidly hopped on the scale, I was hoping for something awesome for a Monday, but got what I should have. Evening knowing that it's not a big deal and it's right where it should be, it was still a little dishearting. SO I'm trying to take my own advice

Then I went to eat my breakfast, and I forgot the most important part - the protien! Because I'm about to walk into a meeting I didn't have time to run to the store and get a replacement so I had to improvise with my snack. SO now I'm pissed off because that means I'm going to be more hungry this morning, because I didn't get enough protien, and I'll be way hungry later because I'll have less snack. I have to run this afternoon because it was too windy to run this morning so then I'll be even MORE hungry.

Ugh...I'm just in a pissy mood this morning. I'm feeling a little defeated and less positive. Being a woman blows! The emotional ups and downs are exhausting.

Anyway, I'm going to stay strong!

LovingMe - Iron absolutly contributes to constipation. And gaining during ovulation is very very common.

Have a good day everyone.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:53 PM   #12  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Day 8....
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:13 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

LovingMe--I take iron and do not see any changes in digestion. I also eat veggies and fruits with my meals and take the iron with my meals, so that may be why I don't experience that problem. Maybe the fact that you need to take iron has something to do with the constipation. Are you anemic, or vegetarian? There is such a thing as too much iron, and since it's a metal, it will cause your digestion to slow down as it moves through your intestine and sends an magnetic charge to the nerves through your intestine. Anxiety causes digestive upsets and can cause constipation. I don't know what Kalms is, but if it's some sort of sedative, it may cause you to "slow down" digestive processes. I don't gain when I ovulate, but I do experience certain cravings for sweets just slightly more than normal a few days before the start of my period. Any weight gain goes away after my period ends. This is due to hormonal changes, and water retention. I don't worry about the scale during TOM cause it goes away. Stay calm, the scale is nothing to worry about. 1.4 lbs is nothing. I worked out hard this whole weekend, and had a 1.0 lb gain. The body and metabolism corrects itself after awhile, so just don't binge, eat healthy and exercise each day, the scale will move in your favor soon.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Ncuneo--It seems like you are a bit distressed over eating or exercising, just from reading your post. You missed the protein, but it's okay, you can have it at your next meal and maybe no carbs. Have balance throughout the day, not every meal. I know you have a challenging and stressful job and maybe it's near TOM, but you will see that by enjoying meals and not worrying about getting every meal to be perfect, those times you have to eat or exercise is YOUR time, and a time to be stress free, no matter what is on your plate or what you are doing for the exercise. Take it easy hun
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 171/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 8"

I'm on day 8 and this is seriously the longest I've gone. I usually binge over the weekend but this weekend I stayed on target and ate only nutritious food. I could hardly believe it! I even went out to dinner yesterday and managed to stay focused on healthy foods and didn’t give into the junk. I’m really quite proud of myself! Hope you all have a great week!
uwfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote