Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #76  
Resident Cynic

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving Me View Post
I'm beginning to think that maybe I should just keep a tally of how many binge free/binge days I have each month, and try to reduce the amount of binge days or something like that.
I've been doing this since January. I use a planner (like the monthly/weekly assignment planners they sell for students) to keep my life in order, and on the monthly calendar pages, I draw a star on every day when I felt like I spent the whole day generally on-plan. Even though I have been feeling like a big fat failure lately, I can see that in the past six months, and even this month so far, the number of "star days" has gone up by a couple every month, and that definitely helps me feel at least a little better about my overall progress.
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #77  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Day 13 and trying to keep it together. My grandma passed away and I am in shock just staying strong for my mom. She is out of the country so we haven't seen her in almost 6 years and that makes is just worse
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #78  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I've been away for a few days, so I've actually lost track of my number!! I hope that's a good thing. I am pushing 40 days though, I think!!! (and down 20 lbs!)

Hope you are all doing well!!

Sorry to hear about your grandma, Desiresdestiny.
mamato2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 235/tracker/150

Height: 5.9

OK, I've had a huge (should be all caps) problem with binge-ing lately. Hopefully, tomorrow will be day one for me. That is my goal.
lukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #80  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Desire - I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma, hang in there....I know it's tough.

Day 13 is going pretty well. I've wanted to overeat, but been pretty good and not allowing myself to crossover into the binge mentality. Tonight I made the most amazing dinner! I like to do Kashi frozen pizza's on Saturday's alot because their yummy (at least I think so) and convenient. But they always seem to lead to a binge for me...I think maybe they're too salty or something. Anyway, I've been buying flatout bread for a while and use it for sandwiches and breakfast burritos - LOVE this stuff, I even invented a "french" toast w/ cream cheese and strawberry burrito last week, feels so indulgent for +/- 350 cals. Anywho - there is always a picture of a little pizza on the package and so I finally made one! I put all sorts of amazing veggies with a little chicken and a little cheese and it was awesome! Really hit the pizza craving.

So even though I didn't stay as low as I wanted to on my cals today, I'm doing pretty good and feeling pretty confident I'll make it though binge free which if I do will push me to Day 14 tomorrow and that would be 2 weeks! I really want to make it to 2 weeks so I'm trying to stay strong.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #81  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

ncuneo- You can do it!

desire- Sorry about your Grandmother.

mamato2- 20lbs! That's great!

Made it through the day without eating sweets, I'm so happy ( 6 days, w/ no refined sugar). So much temptation and I didn't give in. I was hungry often today, didn't exercise at all, I don't know why. I fought it, ate a few almonds & chewed gum til it was time for my next meal. Tomorrow, don't know how that will go.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:40 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Day 2!

I have been "on plan" (generally speaking). Today had a couple of sweet treats, but they were so MINI in size so don't think I will miss sweets if I can have just a couple here and there.

Today had less than 1200 cals, but still have to have a drink tonight with my friend I'm meeting up. Yesterday ended up being about 1400 cals.

I'm keeping track of everything on MyFitnessPal.com and it's AMAZING how well this is working for me. I lost weight too! I'm back down to 155 (I was 159 the other day post binge!).

So been eating my fruits, but noticed that on MyFitnessPal that I eat more sugar than is recommended. It's all coming from the fruits I suspect. Yesterday was like that too. It tracks sugar from fruits even though it's good for you sugar. Oh well, as long as it keeps me from binging on BAD sugar.

Good job everyone! Let's finish strong tonight and start another BINGE FREE WEEK next week!
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:42 AM   #83  
Chronic Pain Fighter

Thanks everyone
Old 06-12-2011, 05:34 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 117/113.5/110-112

Height: 5'4

Got thru day 2 yesterday. These past couple days have been the first days in along while that I have gone to bed feeling happy instead of guilty and ashamed. It feels good. Binging is so damaging on the psyche.
spingirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:30 AM   #85  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Overate but didn't binge over the weekend. Today was a brunch buffet and I had 2 full plates of food plus a bunch of dessert, but I stopped when it got uncomfortable and haven't thought about eating since. Sometimes a huge meal like that will set me off into "I am going to eat everything in sight until today ends" mode, but not today - probably because I was sick to my stomach from drinking last night. So unless I lose the plot in the next 3 hours (which I won't), today is Day 4.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:23 AM   #86  
Resident Cynic

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

desiresdestiny: I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. What a wrenching experience.

Day 1. Yesterday wasn't really a binge day, but I went so far over on calories that I'm going to count it. Actually, most of my "bad" days are like that. I have 18 days left on the little mini-challege I've set for myself and I am determined to get this under control and make them count. I'm going to be getting a good amount of incidental exercise today as I'm helping to empty my garage of about 100 heavy boxes of books and carry them up and down stairs and all over the place, so I'm feeling optimistic.

Since Beila was just about the millionth person to mention MyFitnessPal, I finally downloaded the app for my phone and set it up last night. OMG, how great is it? I get such a thrill out of documenting/monitoring/regulating just about anything that involves many tiny details, so this is going to be awesome for me (I'm such a nerd). I currently already write all my foods down in my planner, but since space is limited I've only been tracking cals/carbs/protein. This will be much more fun!
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:38 AM   #87  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Day 14!!!!!! 2 weeks (assuming today is a success, it will be). I'm really excited to be at 2 weeks. Yesterday was suprisingly easy, but I have had the occassional easy Saturday so I'm just trying to stay realistic, but optimistic. I even had a little candy yesterday. I think right now, the key for me is NOT have major triggers in my house, and to stop saying NO all.the.time. I little extra here or there is far superior to a binge - so whatever!

I'm really working on this perfectionist attitude of mine and relaxing. I LOVE being a health nut, I love eating clean, I love exercising, but I have to relax sometimes. I CAN'T be perfect all the time.

The other thing that has me really pumped up today is MYFITNESSPAL! I have been using LoseIt to track for like 18 months or so. I love it, but it's database kinda sucks and you can't preplan. Myfitnesspal's food database is incredible!!!! And you can track meals for the next day which I really really like. The only thing that may take some getting used to for me is that I track my food in grams for the most part, which is fine, but sometimes I get sloppy and with have 23 grams of something for example when the serving size is 30 grams. And it doesn't appear you can get quite that anal, which is probably a good thing. Doesn't matter I'll figure it out. I love love love the database and being able to preplan is going to help me a lot.

Thanks for mention it guys!!!

Today should be good. I have to work again...love the money, but man I miss my time with my family. So I'll pack up everything for the day. I'll be off plan for dinner, but as long as I'm smart - all will be well!

Good luck today ladies!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #88  
Working hard

S/C/G: 280/272/250

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I have been so busy this past week that I have been missing coming on here everyday. I made it through day 12 I believe it was yesterday. My daughter and I did Relay for Life yesterday afternoon and we walked 6 miles and I was so proud of her for hanging in there with me, she is only 6 so I was super proud of her because it was pretty darn hot out there on the track. She and I plan on doing the entire relay next year so we will be working our way up to it. SO I did treat us to Wendy's for dinner because I looked at it this way I worked very hard and I have not had fast food in over 3 weeks so I did not feel one ounce of guilt over it. I didn't over eat and it didn't lead to cravings for other stuff so it all worked out. I am down 15 lbs since starting so I am a happy camper.

Sorry to hear about your grandma Desires.

Way to go Ncuneo on two weeks!!

Way to go on the 20 lbs Nicole!!

Going to fly through day 13 today, but I am resting from exercise today because I have worked out hard everyday for the past 6 days so today I rest for tomorrow.
jenfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #89  
Chronic Pain Fighter

Day14
Old 06-12-2011, 04:28 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Day 3!

LOVING MyFitnessPal TOO! I've replaced tetris, facebook, and hangman on my phone with logging my exercise and food on the phone app when I'm bored or about to go to bed. It's motivating to read the calculations after you complete the entries for the day and it says: "If every day were like today... You'd weigh 141.7 lbs in 5 weeks". I would LOVE to weight that much in 5 weeks!

desiresdestiny--Sorry to hear about your grandma, be strong
emotionally for yourself and your mom.

jenfett--Congrats on losing the 15 lbs! Wendy's has some healthy options like their side salads (only 35 cals). I used to get them when I had no choice but to eat there. There is a good book on fast food called "Eat This, Not That", and they have very good suggestions on what to eat at fast food and regular restaurants. You can eat healthy at restaurants but you just have to learn tricks of the trade. Fast food hides many high-caloric ingredients in food to make you want to eat it again and again.

NCuneo--Congrats on making it to 2 weeks! You've been doing much better on your weekends I noticed. You're finding more strategies to solve your problems, and being proactive. Way to go! About your perfectionism, I would say AIM for perfection, but don't try to BE perfect or expect that outcome 100% of the time. If you try to be perfect, that will lead to disappointment, because no one is perfect. I'm sure you've heard that many times, but it helps hearing it one more time. I am also like that too. Don't work too much, you'll overextend yourself and become less efficient. Just work enough and do the best you can. When you've done the best you can, what more could you ask for?

Scoot--Restarting the daily counter is a refreshing and great way to start your healthy life again. Restarting also helps to end those "bad days" and to know what is a "bad day" in your definition going forward, you will stop it in it's tracks. Good luck moving today! I'm sure you're upper body will get some good weight training today!

Krampus--YAY for knowing when to stop eating when you've become uncomfortable! It's hard when you're out with friends to realize that feeling...the transition from physical hunger to satiety, and when eating becomes just a social thing, because the food is in front of you and you're with friends. And I'm glad you didn't eat everything in sight even though you felt that you ate a lot at the buffet. Way to go on keeping in control.

SpringGirl9--"Binging is so damaging on the psyche." Yes this is so profound and true! All the stupid feelings I get from binging, it's just not ME. Remember the way that you feel, happy and not guilty/shameful, and you'll go to bed not wanting to feel this way again and prevent yourself from going overboard.

FruitLady--I see that your weight is going down! Good for you!

Mamato2Boys--Congrats on losing 20lbs!! Maybe start to count the weeks, then months now? Time to step up in the challenge you think? This way, you can focus on being binge free each week and put each week/month under your belt and aim for higher goals. When you can look back at the aggregate total of days that you've been binge free it will be like a moment of WOW I've gone THIS LONG, and I didn't even notice it! I started to lose track around 30-33 days or so and at 40 days caved, perhaps because I wasn't noticing my "bad days" and cheats as much and allowing too many of them to creep up in numbers.

LukesMom--Day one!

Last edited by Beila; 06-12-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote