Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-09-2011, 12:18 AM   #46  
Resident Cynic

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Binged today. PB&J sandwich (I don't think I can buy PB or jelly anymore), cookies and nachos (both of which I already knew I shouldn't have bought). This is almost comical. Here was the process:

2pm: craving hit, determined to wait 20 mins, reason with myself
2:20: crawled into bed, hoping that a nap would help
2:45: wrote down all the reasons why I might be craving a binge and why I shouldn't give in. Decided it was because i'm frustrated with my total lack of progress and that the answer was to commit to being totally on-plan for three whole weeks before deciding "it isn't working"
3:00: began thinking, "Well, the food is in the house, so I might as well eat it now because I'll eat it eventually."
3:15: "Let it rot. Throw it in the garbage. Never buy it again."
3:30: "...but then I will probably just find myself driving to the store for more or binging on something else."
4:30: About a billion calories heavier, nauseous, terrible heartburn, dead tired, sweaty.

I threw out the rest of the trigger food. The stuff I was thinking at 2:45 is valid, though. I'm VERY discouraged that I can't seem to lose any weight. My weight keeps bouncing between 194.0 and 195.8 from day to day, for the past couple of weeks, and I am upset that it won't nudge downward. However, I know that my intake/exercise hasn't been consistent either, so why am I surprised? If it's 1200 calories one day and 3600 calories the next (which is rare, but has certainly happened), then obviously that is going to translate to the scale sooner or later!

My new challenge: Starting tonight, be 100% consistent for three weeks, until July 29th. That's the day I go on vacation to AZ, and by then I will also have a script for some medication that might help (but which I don't really want to take). If, by that time, I haven't lost, THEN I can say it's not working very well and maybe resort to meds. However, part of that is I'm not going to weigh between now and then! That's going to be the hardest part, but the daily weighing (while it can be helpful) is obviously bumming me out.

Wish me luck!
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:14 AM   #47  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, yesterday, Day 9, was hard.
I did my hardest outside run yet with a friend first thing, and for the rest of the day I was so hungry and tired, and my legs were really sore that I just wanted to eat to comfort myself.
I was going straight to my mum's after my run for her to colour my hair but luckily I was on the ball enough to nip home and grab half of my lunch first because I knew if I waited I'd be in big trouble. As usual my mum tried to push some food on me but I resisted apart from one piece of liquorice which I'm proud about. I ate a larger dinner than I'd planned because I was SO hungry but didn't let the eating carry on all evening and I'm ecstatic to say that the number is down some more again today, taking me just back into the lower end of my maintenance range finally.
Today, Day 10, however is going to be another challenge. I'm going out to dinner tonight with some girlfriends. DH and DD will be having dinner before I go, and I'll have to wait til at least an hour past my normal dinnertime before I eat. So I need to space my food today so that I'm not totally ravenous when I get to the restaurant. I've also pre-planned that I'm NOT having a starter. I know because of my sweet tooth that I'll find it more or less impossible to resist a dessert, so it's a main course and dessert maximum for me, and I'm driving so won't be having a drink. I managed to put off eating a sweet snack last night because I told myself I could have dessert tonight so I think it was a good compromise.
I know the scale will be up again tomorrow as I'm eating later and will probably have dessert, but I'm planning on having a POP Friday to make up for it and hopefully stop a weekend long binge starting.
If I can get through tonight and this weekend as I'm hoping to, I think it will help me feel stronger.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:14 AM   #48  
Working hard

S/C/G: 280/272/250

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone!! I have been so busy the past few days and have not been able to log on, hoping to be able to get on tonight for a while and do some reading, but real quick I have made it 9 days and have never felt better. Not having the junk trigger foods in the house has helped so much. I stepped on the scale last night and saw a new low but I will not count it unless I see it Saturday morning. I have been very good and working really hard this week so hoping for a few pounds down on Saturday. Have a great day everyone!
jenfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #49  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Day 1 ending. I hope Day 2 is going to be successful.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #50  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Day 11 - I started today with panic attacks about yesterday's stumble. SO ridiculous. I'm so irritated how hard on myself I'm being about a stupid piece of cake. I'm feeling so hopeless like I'll NEVER have a normal relationship with food and I'll always obsess and struggle. Additionally, I'm paniced that I'm going to have a very difficult time losing the 10 lbs I gained back.

I'm feeling a little better about it now, but now am starting to worry about tomorrow's "girl's night". I have maybe 1 girl's night a year, it's my life I know it's lame , and so I've just decided to relax and not worry about the cals or what I want to eat - but DON'T BINGE. So we'll see how it goes.

Have a good day everybody.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #51  

I have had a pretty good day, especially after I read through some of the postings...others are having greater strugglees than me. My best positive mojo is being sent out to everyone who is struggling. Hang in there and most importantly, don't beat yourself up too much for a slip up. Jump back onto the horse, every effort is worth it!! I just got back from WI and am down 1.6, truly a miricle given the binge I had this week. I guess when you binge on stuff that is usually considered good stuff, the damage is less (although I felt just as stuffed, bloated and ill afterward)!
firebirdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I'm restarting tomorrow with Day 1. I had some cake last night, which was a single serve, but also had a bunch of other food that night from the food truck, 2 fried potatos, and some raisin bread. That was such an unhealthy dinner. I have been losing control again. I'm going to start calorie counting for weight loss.

I checked out FitDay and My Fitness Pal, and I like My Fitness Pal better, although FitDay has a way to figure out the amount of cals you need to eat in order to obtain your weight goal. So maybe I'll use it to just check the cals I need and log in my cals on My Fitness Pal.

Ughhh....so mad at myself. I had 5 pieces of raisin bread again this morning. That was my lunch and breakfast. I'm not eating snacks today. Dinner will be fruit and water.

I'm going to make things work this time, no more excuses.

Oh best part...my weight has ballooned to 159!

Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #53  

Oh btw, I blame yesterday's debacle on myself, but also my friend gave me the raisin bread, and fried potatos and 1/2 rice wrap. She wanted to thank me for helping her on her food truck. I should have declined it! I did well not accepting other food on her truck, as I knew ahead of time she would ask me if I wanted any food. But she made the rice wrap accidentally, and the raisin bread was a last minute giveaway. I should have stopped her or said no thank you.

Then the chocolate cake was just a stupid thing on my part. I was feeling bad for some reason, and knew that I wanted a something sweet. It was a mighty big single serve, but certainly one that I should have easily avoided. I don't even like chocolate cake. I guess I have been watching too many cupcake shows on food network.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #54  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 10- Ate healthy, only went over calories by 30 because I ate an orange, at least it was a healthy way to go over calories.
I'm a little nervous, we're going to a Japanese Buffet on Sunday with my family. I don't eat the hot food, I'm planning on eating salad & fruit like always. They have good desserts, that could be my downfall. Desserts are the only food that is a problem, I'm never shy about pigging out in front of my side of the family, so embarrassment won't stop me. I know I won't be able to control myself, so just in case I'm staying on plan this whole week. I still gain tons of weight, but maybe not as much.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:23 PM   #55  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Beila, just have to comment that that sounds like a lot of self blame, self criticism and punishment and deprevation.

Fruit and water for dinner could just as easily be a lean protein and veggies, something to nourish your body. I think the way we react to binging and over eating is very important because it's a cycle. We're "bad" then we punish ourselves with guilt and reduced eating and then that sends us to binge again, etc. etc. I dont know how we break the cycle and find balance, but try to start by knowing that we can't be perfect all the time and off plan eating is OK sometimes. I know that figuring that out is nearly impossible for us, but try observing your thin friends, how do they do it? Do they NEVER have cake? Unlikely. I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts down, but I think you know where I'm going.

Now I need to take my own advice because last night I almost skipped dinner because of a piece of cake and I'm seriously considering pre-punishing myself for what I expect to happen tomorrow. I'm considering eating very little between now and then and working out like a maniac, but that's unhealthy too. Anyway, more that stopping binging I want to move to a place of normalcy with food. It's going to take some serious self reflection, self acceptance, and self forgiveness and finally a change in behavior.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 210/170/130

Height: 5'8"

I agree with ncuneo, Belia. For me, the harder I am on myself, the more likely I am to binge. I've found that if I forgive myself, and treat myself well the rest of the day after a binge (this means eating something that more resembles a meal, so that it feels normal, rather than "punishing" myself with what amounts to bread and water,) the better the chance that I'll be able to pick myself up from the binge and move on.

We're worth this.
kwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:06 PM   #57  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Day 1--over!
Day 2--Friday--uhm yeah, this should be fun!
desserts all about me as I wrap up my last day of VBS
with an Amazing Amazon Sundae Funday Friday!
Say that 5 times fast!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:11 PM   #58  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beila View Post
Oh btw, I blame yesterday's debacle on myself, but also my friend gave me the raisin bread, and fried potatos and 1/2 rice wrap. She wanted to thank me for helping her on her food truck. I should have declined it! I did well not accepting other food on her truck, as I knew ahead of time she would ask me if I wanted any food. But she made the rice wrap accidentally, and the raisin bread was a last minute giveaway. I should have stopped her or said no thank you.

Then the chocolate cake was just a stupid thing on my part. I was feeling bad for some reason, and knew that I wanted a something sweet. It was a mighty big single serve, but certainly one that I should have easily avoided. I don't even like chocolate cake. I guess I have been watching too many cupcake shows on food network.

The Food Network imo is a disastrous network for those of us trying to get it together foodwise. There's just too many temptations for me to watch it. Course, I got rid of the DISH!!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #59  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Day 11 coming to an end....
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:33 AM   #60  

Thanks for all the encouragement gals!

For dinner I had a pita pizza, made it with grilled veggies and mushrooms, shredded cheese and a bit of pesto sauce I made. The fruit for dinner idea was self guilt and a hasty thought. Earlier, I was posting out of anger and thinking to go from one extreme to another. I even thought about going on a liquid diet for a while until I lose a few pounds. I don't know if that thought has been removed completely from my mind. I keep coming back to that consideration....I have this great green powder to try the liquid diet with too. It's just sitting in my fridge and I need to finish it before it gets too old. It's called MACRO GREENS. It's supposed to curb cravings, level blood sugar, and help digestion with billions of probiotics. I have a bag of lemons too, which I should start to drink with warm water to remove the bloat.

Anyways, if only I watched myself, I wouldn't be in this position, but then NCUNEO, you said something profound...what do my thin friends do? I'm sure they eat at restaurants and gain 4 lbs overnight from overeating at a buffet, partying, etc. I can't keep thinking I my weight will never go up. It will from time to time in maintainence.

Anyways, tomorrow, I'm back to dieting and I'm gonna start calorie counting.

I'm starting off at 1200 cals and hopefully anything I accidentally measure wrong, or if I happen to go off plan, I will average out to 1300-1400/day.

Wish me luck gals!

Last edited by Beila; 06-10-2011 at 12:36 AM.