Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-06-2011, 06:18 PM   #16  

I find that stepping on the scale each day to be too often. The normal fluctuations of the body are too easily taken as 'gospel' weight gain/loss, leading to emotional highs and lows. (and those lows can lead to actual poor eating choices-at least in my case) I had a good weekend, although did 'over'enjoy a pancake brunch out - I just compensated by changing evening meal to veggies mixtures that was delicious and satisfying, starting anew today and forgiving myself ofr a small slip but pleased no where near a binge! I always enjoying reading the posts from new and old members and find this site very motivating to remain strong and committed.
firebirdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #17  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Day 8 today, weight is pretty steady, appetite is under control. Am I "maintaining?" Maybe I should shift my mindset.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:56 PM   #18  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 7- Last night I baked a banana cake w/ buttercream icing. Hubby, daughter & I ate all of it except 1 piece last night. I had three actual servings( yes, I figured it out.), but that was it. I enjoyed it and didn't feel out of control at all. It was the first time I ate something sweet in 6 days, it actually tasted too sweet to me. Today I ate the last piece, I shouldn't have cause I gained weight already from last night. Tomorrow back to eating clean healthy food & trying to lose the weight I gained.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:14 PM   #19  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Day 8 is ending better than it started. I wasn't nearly as hungry as I thought I was going to be all day and I got a really good run in this evening. I'm really trying to align my eating with my training and it is really helping to keep me on track, too much sugar tank my runs, and helps to justify some of my splurges. I also discovered something might be wrong with my scale. I've been suspecting this, so this afternoon I hopped om the scale at the gym which is usually 3-5 lbs higher than at home because it's the afternoon and I'm clothed and have shoes on and it was the exact same as my morning weight. I think I'll do a little experiment tomorrow with my scale. It would explain why I don't feel as heavy as the scale says. Anyway, it doesn't really matter - all that matters is how my clothes fit!

Last edited by ncuneo; 06-06-2011 at 11:15 PM.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:02 AM   #20  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Day 8 over....

Summer semester starts tmr, will be in school literally from 9am to 10pm....equipped with my healthy snacks n meals....
Day 9 tmr!!
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:06 AM   #21  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Day 7 navigated yesterday but still 5.4lbs up from my low. I'm so frustrated about this that I stopped taking my multi-vits and the Kalms yesterday in the hope that it's one of those causing the bloating and constipation.
The only other thing I can think is that my workouts haven't been as frequent or hard as they were this last couple of weeks, but I've still been having a snack on a night even when I haven't worked out that day.
This really is the first time I can remember in my whole weight loss and maintenance journey so far that I am totally freaked out because the scale just seems totally out of my control. I had plateaus while losing, but never gained for no real reason. I know that stress and anxiety don't help, but each day it's actually getting worse and I don't know what to do.
I'm so sorry to be having such a pity party here lately. I know I should be happy I haven't binged for 7 days and just focus on that, but instead I'm terrified that I'm not going to be able to get this 5.4lbs back off again and I'm not going to be able to stop myself from gaining even more.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #22  
Resident Cynic

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Day 1. I binged yesterday, but I'm having a hard time feeling bad about it because it actually caused the scale to go down a little (finally, after being stuck for a week). This happens every time, as long as I only do it once. So confusing.

Anyway, I'm going back on plan now, so that things don't get out of hand. But maybe I have to indulge like that every once in a while. I already IF and calorie-cycle, but they just don't seem to be cutting it lately.
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #23  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Day 9...crazy day ahead....
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:21 AM   #24  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #25  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Lovingme, don't apologize, IMO any weight gain durning maintenance especially can be very tramatic!

I've been thinking about my gain a lot lately, because I don't think it's all because of binging and I remembered that back in April I was at the tail end of 5 weeks binge free when I gained 5 lbs for absolutely no reason. That is the 5 that has turned into 10, the later 5 where from binging. So all I can do at this point Lovingme is to incourage you to just stay strong and hang in there and don't let the 5 turn into 10. I have no idea why I gained the first 5, maybe it was muscle, maybe it was ovulation, maybe the stars weren't aligned that month, I don't know, but I do know that it sent me right back to binging and that did not help.

I'm feeling really good today. I think because I've finally found something else to obsess about beside my weight, eating and binging. I think that if I can move my focus to something more health it will really help me.

Turns out my scale is not broken, it was worth a shot but that yesterday's weight was ALL water horray! So I'm still just plugging along, settling into my "goal" maintenance plan and feeling balanced and at peace with it all. I get to yoga today and that always makes me feel awesome so today - Day 9 - should be an easy one.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #26  

Terrible out of control binge this afternoon...feel terrible both mind and body! I cannot seem tp meet even a weekly challenge of 'binge free'. Totally blows the great loss I made last week, I am sure!. Oh well - each moment brings another chance to make a better choice! Somehow that platitide is not helping me right now,
firebirdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #27  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 8- I'm relieved there is no food here that I would binge on. I was craving more baked goods or peanut butter. My weight is up 4.4lbs from that cake, I hate starting over. The gain doesn't even bother me, I didn't get angry, depressed or beat myself up. That scares me cause that's how I get myself back on plan. I hope I start caring soon, before it's too late.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #28  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Day 1, I binged last night on chocolate and peanut butter, but I don't care or feel bad about it. Can't be bothered to care and it didn't have a huge impact on my weight.

I'm not sure if thinking about food in terms of "binging" is really productive for me. I mean, so what if I eat a crapload of junk food at once and then don't for a few days? I never restrict harshly to compensate for calories, just go back to my "usual" loss level caloric intake. I understand it's not ideal for weight to bounce up and down so much like this, but I am managing and doing everything else on my to-do list.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #29  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Working through Day 7--whatta ya know, I didn't realize I started again
June 1, but it sure does make remembering what day I'm on easier!
I've been around MAJOR trigger food and have resisted binging--I can hardly believe it, but I am having intense sugar cravings for cake--Italian Creme at that!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:43 AM   #30  
Grace

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/154

Height: 5'9

Ive made it 7 whole days!!
Blondie160 is offline   Reply With Quote