Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #61  

Back to Day 1 . Had a horrible, one of the worst binges yesterday. TWO of them, in fact! There is no reason why anyone should eat a cheeseburger and onion rings, a slice of cake, an eclair, and 2 cupcakes. And that was just one of them! I don't know why I do this to myself. I guess I still don't know my triggers very well.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #62  
Working hard

S/C/G: 280/272/250

Height: 5'5"

Figured out why I have been craving everything under the moon this week...lovely TOM is visiting...this is the point where I usually lose it and my routine is wrecked, but not letting it happen this time..still going to the gym. I did very good all day yesterday and spent an hour cutting and washing and packaging veggies with my daughter and had a great time so they are ready to go! My daughter was eating them as fast as I was cutting them so that made me so happy! Can't believe the week is coming to an end already...I fear I have gained this week and that kinda stinks but it will be ok because I will just have to work that much harder and get it back down.
jenfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #63  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

HELP!!!! Another birthday cake today, the third one since last Friday! The other's were easy to pass up, but this one looks amazing. I'm just reminding myself that a. It's store bought, so it can't be that good. b. I'm going to get that cheesecake I've been craving this weekend, c. My weight is FINALLY moving in the right direction, and d. If I'm really truly hungry and it's just too good to pass up it OK to have a sliver and not feel bad about it.

So apparently it's Friday, but I'm choosing to think of it as just another day, no different from any other day. It's also Day 5, which is great and as I mention my weight is finally moving down again. So I'm pretty happy about that. I'm feeling really good about pretty much everything and am so far liking my just stop the nonsense, no more binging mentality and if something is truly worth then have a little and MOVE ON! I think this will work for me until TOM arrives in a few weeks, at which point I'll need a back up plan. Today, is a little different then past Friday's, there is really nothing in my house right now that is a binge trigger or worthy of binging on. So I think I'm pretty safe today. I've been doing really good with my cals this week and eating more when I'm hungry and less when I'm not and listening to the cravings that just won't stop (like the ones that are still around after days of denial) and right not I'm feeling really good and not deprived.

So wish me luck on that stupid cake, it's just cake and there is WAY better cake waiting for me this weekend.

Happy birthday scoot!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncuneo View Post
HELP!!!! Another birthday cake today, the third one since last Friday! The other's were easy to pass up, but this one looks amazing. I'm just reminding myself that a. It's store bought, so it can't be that good. b. I'm going to get that cheesecake I've been craving this weekend, c. My weight is FINALLY moving in the right direction, and d. If I'm really truly hungry and it's just too good to pass up it OK to have a sliver and not feel bad about it.

So apparently it's Friday, but I'm choosing to think of it as just another day, no different from any other day. It's also Day 5, which is great and as I mention my weight is finally moving down again. So I'm pretty happy about that. I'm feeling really good about pretty much everything and am so far liking my just stop the nonsense, no more binging mentality and if something is truly worth then have a little and MOVE ON! I think this will work for me until TOM arrives in a few weeks, at which point I'll need a back up plan. Today, is a little different then past Friday's, there is really nothing in my house right now that is a binge trigger or worthy of binging on. So I think I'm pretty safe today. I've been doing really good with my cals this week and eating more when I'm hungry and less when I'm not and listening to the cravings that just won't stop (like the ones that are still around after days of denial) and right not I'm feeling really good and not deprived.

So wish me luck on that stupid cake, it's just cake and there is WAY better cake waiting for me this weekend.

Happy birthday scoot!
Good luck with not eating cake, but if you have a piece, it's not the end of the world. Just enjoy it. Giving in isn't as bad as binging. Just don't binge.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #65  

Default just looking for advice

Im new here and I feel as though weight loss is always a struggle. Last summer I was 168 pounds. I got myself down to 115 by September 3. Now I'm back at 168 literally, I just weight myself. I'm not sure how to get myself back on the game you knoow. Just looking for some support because no one seems to care about me when I am overweight.
alwaysastruggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #66  

Rules 6 and 7:
6. Cancel your membership in the Clean Plate Club.
7. Check yourself before you wreck yourself (stop emotional and binge eating).

Rule 6: Cancel your membership in the Clean Plate Club. Food isn't scarce. This is not the 1800's. We live in a country where food is in abundance. You don't have to finish all your food like dear mother used to tell us. If you're dining out, save half for later, and ask for the doggy bag before you start. If you're at home, put the leftovers in storage containers for later, save yourself time from cooking an extra meal. Don't get second helpings before you've determined you are full from the first helping. Share your extra food. Feed your friends

Rule 7: Check yourself before you wreck yourself (stop emotional and binge eating). Be in the moment, live in the moment. If you are hungry eat, if you're not, wait until you are. That is what is so hard with binging, when we do binge, we are not noticing what our hunger level is telling us. We are also not eating what our body is telling us to eat. But when we are eating to live, not living to eat, we are taking in our hunger cues better, we are eating and having a good time, social events are not scary, we are enjoying food and not gorging on it. Next time you eat something, just remember to keep checking yourself. Are you full? Stop if so and save the rest for later.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #67  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 4- That craving I've been having for days, has passed. I wasn't going to give in anyway! Lost 5.7lbs!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #68  
Closet health nut!

I'm proud to report I survived the cake! But I'm even prouder to report I survied it not because of deprivation, but because I knew I really didn't want *that* cake. Sure from the outside it look delicious, but once cut it was the same 'ol store bought junk. Before the cake I had some fruit and greek yogurt because I was hungry and that pretty much did it for me, and by cake time I just didn't want any.

Now the hard part begins. I'm about to leave the office and head home to make dinner for DS and I, DH is working overnight again. I'm pretty hungry already, so I may have a tough time. I'm telling myself that if I need to go over on veggies or fruit or more healthy protien because I'm hungry it's no big deal. Under no circumstances will I deny myself healthy extra's. There is no need for a "treat" tonight because Sunday we're going out for that cheesecake I've been craving and tomorrow if there is something I really want I can go get it.

The only obstacle for me tonight will be bordem. Being home alone after DS goes to bed is really hard for me. Sometimes I struggle when he's up though too. It's hard to admit, but I can only play cars and trains so much, I know that's an awful thing to say, but sometimes I just want to sit and watch TV or read a book or whatever and DS has other plans for me So I think that maybe I'm using eating as a way to tell him that mommy is busy...that just sounds so awful, but I think it's true. I think I need to find some stuff we both like to do. It's hard to go anywhere this time of year because it's really hot where I live, but maybe it's time to bust out the lego's, I like to build better than play cars .

Anywho, hope everyone's weekend if off to a good start - stay strong!
Old 06-04-2011, 02:45 AM   #69  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

I was so proud of how I handled Day 4 yesterday, a Friday as well. I ate really well all day and had a great PT session at the gym.
I knew we were going out for dinner but I was really hungry late afternoon so I made myself a healthy snack, then at dinner I chose one course that I really wanted and stuck with that, no picking off DH's plate etc. I had a couple of chocolates late last night and thoroughly enjoyed them and felt really good and in control.
I was determined that the scale would be down this morning but it's the same again for the 3rd day in a row and I'm SO frustrated. I'm still 4lbs up from my low and it's freaking me out. I need to see a payback for not binging, I need to see the number going back down, even if it's really slowly. I know it's stupid to feel scared over all this, but I am, I'm scared. That voice is getting louder, telling me I might as well binge if not binging isn't helping me get the weight back off. I know sensibly that that's not true and binging would just make more weight go on, but I don't know if I can keep that in the front of my mind long enough to stop the binge urges when they hit.
I guess today is going to be another struggle, minute by minute, hour by hour.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:25 AM   #70  

Lovingme--please don't binge, that will further halt whatever healthy path you are on now to lose those 4 lbs and make you gain even more weight. Imagine how bad it would be to not only lose the 4lbs, but to try to lose more lbs from binging again. I know you know all of this, but sometimes your mind wanders off and doesn't think the obvious. You say that you are taking each hour by hour, but maybe think in terms of chunks of hours, so it's not consuming your mind so much. So for instance, the next 3-4 hours I will do x y z, and have a meal or snack, then the next few hours I need to do x y z , and then eat again. I hope you will find your days to be more comforting this way and know that you are a stronger person than the voice that tells you to binge. Don't be scared, you can lose this weight. Your body is only temporary, your mind, the person inside is permanent, that is the thing that you should change. When you become a stronger person in mind and spirit, the body has no choice but to follow and you will get the results you want.

Ncuneo--can you find some interesting at home hobbies? My sister likes cooking healthy foods, and decorating rooms in her house with different themes. She is a stay at home mom. My friend likes to paint and is a teacher and has a young daughter. She bought a bunch of canvases for cheap, a set of paints and started painting pictures of her daughter and abstract flowers to decorate her daughter's bedroom and also the master bedroom. When your brain uses more effort in enjoyable activities, it prevents thoughts of binge eating and cravings. It also makes you choose better food (exercising the prefrontal cortex of your brain). However, if you are not actively using your brain, if you watch tv, go online and chat or browse web, or just sit or lay around, your mind may wander off and think of food or binging. I don't think it's wrong to think playing choo choo with your son gets boring, I would be very bored of doing that and will want to find an excuse to do something elkse, like eating. But instead try to do something that is equally enjoyable, knitting, painting, sew curtains, blankets, whatever that can be creative and time consuming. Maybe visit the arts and crafts store and find some kits or something. I used to work at a michaels and they have a bunch of kits for making all sorts of things, beading kits, candle making kits, scrap books, etc. I am sure you'll find some fun things there that you can enjoy doing while your son plays his toys. Good luck
Old 06-04-2011, 04:30 AM   #71  
Resident Cynic

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the birthday wishes, ladies!

Today is day 7! It's been a while since I made it a whole week, and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm down 1.6lbs for my efforts.
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:33 AM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysastruggle View Post
Im new here and I feel as though weight loss is always a struggle. Last summer I was 168 pounds. I got myself down to 115 by September 3. Now I'm back at 168 literally, I just weight myself. I'm not sure how to get myself back on the game you knoow. Just looking for some support because no one seems to care about me when I am overweight.
I am sure people care about you no matter what your size, it is our own perception that people don't care about us when we don't love ourselves or feel confident in ourselves. We our own worst critics, and when we feel down about our body, we project that sentiment onto other people as if they are feeling the same way. First thing you need to do is ask yourself with all honesty:
1) Why am I overweight?
2) Why do I want to lose weight?
3) What is keeping me from losing weight?

Once you've honestly answered these questions, then you are ready to start a weightloss program. Research some diets that you might like, such as weight watcher, south beach, or look up plans in women's magazines, stick to the diet plan and find time to exercise. Losing 1-2 lbs per week is healthy and a good way to permanently lose weight. Don't give up, just start now. Good luck!
Old 06-04-2011, 04:40 AM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
Thanks for the birthday wishes, ladies!

Today is day 7! It's been a while since I made it a whole week, and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm down 1.6lbs for my efforts.
That's great scoot! See what happens when you stop binging! You lose weight! Happy birthday! You must feel great having your bday weekend with a weight loss and 1 week binge free! Yaaaay!
Old 06-04-2011, 04:56 AM   #74  
Resident Cynic

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Beila: Thanks! And I hadn't really thought about it like that. I'm not really a glass-half-full kind of girl, so honestly, I was just sitting here looking at my calendar, thinking, "UGH I've been stuck at 194 for four days now! Wtf!" But when I think about it in the context that at this time last week, I was almost 196, coupled with my birthday and the fact that I've got a binge-free week under my belt, it does feel pretty good.
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:32 AM   #75  
Closet health nut!

Way to go scoot! Consistency and persistance. Look it took me 4 years to lose all my weight, and there were TONS of ups and downs and plateus. You just have to stick with it and give yourself TONS of credit when you make progress weight related or not!

Lovingme, hang in there. This is going to sound like tough love, but you HAVE to stop using the scale as a reward for your efforts and a the means by which you judge yourself for the day. I honestly would take a break away from the scale from right now and just concentrate on getting your eating to a place where you are more comfortable. I weigh sporatically now, I used to weight daily, but now I just weight to make sure nothing crazy is going on. It has helped with my self esteem HUGELY! If I'm honest with myself I can say I look just as good at 148 as I did at 138, maybe better because my boobies are a little bigger My close still fit, yeah they're a little tighter, but not much.

Lovingme I also wanted to suggest that you could be retaining water from working out. There are so many possibilities as to why your weight is still up.

I've tried thinking of hobbies, but honestly I work 50-60 hours a week, and a mom and a wife and am training for a half marathon and stregnth train and do yoga and all the cleaning and cooking and etc., etc. DH helps out a ton, but he also works 50-60 hours and has his own set of responsibilities at home, so vegging out is honestly what I need, unfortunatly vegging out has started to include eating.

Last night went ok, but after dinner and my evening snack I was STILL hungry. I knew it was real hunger, and since I'd been hungry all day from running and the gym the night before I was just didn't want to be hungry anymore. So I ate a little more, but it wasn't a binge. I didn't eat something I was *supposed* to, but that's OK because I didn't binge. Right now I'm just trying to get my head in the right place and give myself credit for not binging. It ended well, I finished what I was eating and even though I ate too much of it I felt in control when it was over. But I have to wonder if I had such control because there were non of my favorite binge foods in the house. So there was really no where to go if I had wanted to binge and I kind of think if those things where in the house, I would have probably binged because I would eaten some of those first.

I think this not having stuff in the house is going to be huge for me. Just because it's not in the house doesn't mean I'm depriving myself or CAN'T have something. There is a store on every corner and if there is something I want I can figure out a way to get a small amount or make a healthy alternative. I think I'm going to go with this for a while, it's just going to have to be a rule right now, NO TRIGGERS IN THE HOUSE>IF YOU WANT IT GO OUT AND GET IT (and make sure it's the best ever and worth it). I'll still stuggle at TOM, at TOM I'll binge on anything, but we can worry about that later.

Day 6 begins!

Last edited by ncuneo; 06-04-2011 at 09:35 AM.