Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-24-2011, 10:28 PM   #31  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Yes, Beila! Let's do it!! Hopefully I'll be sliding in right behind ya!!!

Glad everyone else is hanging in there too!

Ashley- I get like that too! I am just finishing mine up, and I am soooo glad because the urges are definitely easier to manage than a week ago. Blaaah!
mamato2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #32  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

So close to making into the double digits. Weekday binges always shake me to the core. They only happen before TOM which is due any day I hope. I've also just been so exhausted and irritable. It started after lunch when I ate my snack and my pre-workout snack immediately after lunch, not because I was hungry, but because I had binge urges. At that point I was ready to recover, but grab a few mini chocolates from the office candy jar. Calorically I still was at binge point, but metally I felt defeated. Determined to snap out of it I went to the gym for strength training and yoga. Both kicked my butt and when I got home I had somehow lost my will. While I was prepping dinner and my lunch for tomorrow I snacked, the ate dinner with some added off plan crackers for no reason at all and then my brain just said why bother fighting and I had several handfuls on honey sesame cashews and dark chocolate almonds.

Knowing that TOM is soon I don't feel too bad and I think I learned a valuable lesson. I just can't have the stuff in the house. I keep buying trigger foods thinking I can handle it. Well I can't. So I need to go back to basics for the forseeable future and I just can't buy that stuff anymore. If I really truly want ice cream or whatever then it needs to a family affair or occasion and we can go out. This will also stop my weekend ritual of eating my "treat" alone after my DS is asleep and using it as my down time. I guess I can still do that if I need to but my "dessert" will have to be a clean alternative or a single serving.

So it's back to basics and back to day 1. Man I'm bummed. You know you want to binge when you can sneak it in when everyone is home and no one notices. If DH wasn't here it would have been SO much worse. I guess I can be thankful for that.

Last edited by ncuneo; 05-25-2011 at 12:00 AM.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:31 AM   #33  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi everyone..new to this thread, but defo not to other forums around. I am slowly realizing I have this "binge" problem. I knew I had it with Merlot, but I never considered it with food. As a matter of fact, this past Saturday, I made the first post on my blog about it. You’re more than welcome to read it if you like. The link is below.
It is too much to re-paste onto this thread, but I am currently coming off of a weekend binge, which started last Friday with my fave food on the planet—pizza and just worsened with highly processed carbs on Sat & Sun.
Currently, I am working on finishing up Day 1 binge-free and am attempting to dextox my body from all of the highly processed carbs. This is my 3rd binge since April 7. The first was on Pina Coladas and the 2nd was on an entire BOTTLE of Merlot a couple of wknds ago.
Friday’s are my least fave day of the week, b/c that means the wknd, family, more opportunity to be off plan, eating out, and social drinking—which leads to binging for me, not so much with food, but wine—YES!

I need to develop a way to binge on Metamucil or Benefiber, that way when I'm tempted to binge--I can ponder the consequences to see if they are REALLY worth it!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:14 AM   #34  
Resident Cynic

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I made it over a week, and I even managed not to go completely nuts while my best friend was in town, but then I fell off the wagon tonight. The cycle is absolutely ridiculous. I find myself thinking, "Well, I'm going to be miserable forever, so why bother?" Really, though, the thing that makes me the most "miserable" is my weight, so there's a good chance that would greatly improve if I could just not sabotage myself!
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:15 AM   #35  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Day 16 navigated successfully. Still struggling with the stress and feeling very down. Was tempted to get a 2nd snack last night while watching tv but knew I didn't need it so managed to say no.
Trying to get back into my usual gym routine in the hope that that helps with the stress, keeping me busy, and getting the weight back down to my low. I know it's a numbers game, but I know that if I could just get back to my low number I'd feel a lot better, but the more I want it the more it seems elusive. Haven't seen my low number since 21st April so over a month... Granted, I'm averaging only a couple of lbs up, but I'm sure I can feel it on my stomach.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:21 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

K9owner~ pizza! me 2, thats my fav food and my biggest binge problem.

ashley~! what are jalepeno cheetos! sounds sooo good...wait! lol

juicyjaice!~WELCOME! congrats on making the first move to a better/healthier you.

day 15 for me, officially 2 weeks binge free! amazing...still battling huge urges though...does it ever get better? even a little?

have a great day everyone! congrats to those staying OP!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:28 AM   #37  
Working hard

S/C/G: 280/272/250

Height: 5'5"

Made it through day 4 and completely shocked I made it through last night without breaking down because it was a bad drama night so I did very good and it does make a huge difference when I don't binge at night. I sleep so much better, I don't have the guilt. Hoping to keep it going
jenfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #38  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Welcome aboard, K9!

Aggie: Not binging gets "easier" in it's own way. For me, the battle against it made it easier to stand up to it as I got more clean days under my belt. Then it became more of a challenge to me...to NOT let food win. The rewards come when you can stand up to situations that the "old you" would've used food to comfort rather than dealing with it head on and powering through to the other side of it. For me, the feeling of victory and strength against the stressful stuff feels WAY better than any binge. That's the stuff that I sit with and remember now. It helps keep me going.

Speaking of going.....today is Day 228.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #39  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Glad to hear it can get easier.

Not yet for me though...Day 1...ugh.

I'm not too upset as I know there are some ridiculous hormonal things going on with me right now. I'm wondering where the heck my period is, because I know that's what pushed me over the edge last night. Usually my PMS binges happen a few days before she shows, so it will probably arrive by Friday...joy.

I'm feeling pretty renewed and ready to get back to basics, but I'm still having urges and I haven't even had breakfast yet. I think it's kind of the well, if I'm going to go back to basics and I'm going to go back to weight loss mode then let's go out with a bang before we really get started. And who starts on a Wednesday, might as well wait till Monday. But I'm not going to do that.

On my lunch break I'm going to go pick up a new clean eating cookbook and really recommit to the no processed, whole food, clean eating way of life. Commit to my 1 cheat meal, 1 cheat dessert, 1 cheat alcoholic beverage per week way of life. That was working so well for me for so long. Why did I stop? Why did I think that once I got to maintenance I could add "extras". I'm not going to overanalyze it right now, I'm just going to go back to what works and remember how good I felt last year when I was training for my half marathon and eating clean. I'm training for my second half marathon now, just started, and I can get back to clean eating too. I'm ready to ditch this 10 lbs I regained and maybe a few more while I'm at it.

STAY STRONG GIRLS! We are worth it and we can do it!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #40  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Day 4

Need to stay strong....We can do this!!
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 180/162/139

Height: 5'10

Thanks for the welcomes!

I made it through day 2 and now am on day 3. It doesn't seem like long, but I feel like I made a mental breakthrough and will hopefully be able to last a long time this time.

Last edited by juicyjacei; 05-25-2011 at 01:19 PM.
juicyjacei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:06 PM   #42  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Vixsin-- thank you for those words! It is good to know that it can get somewhat easier! I always look forward to seeing your nice big number everyday.

Welcome to all the new girls!!

ncuneo- I hope your period starts soon...that is def the woooorst time for binge urges.

man..today is day 21 for me, yay! But I have so much emotional stuff going on, I hope I can hold out.

My hubby is leaving for overseas on Saturday, and is going to be gone 5.5 weeks. My oldest is graduating from Pre-K on the same day (so my husb will miss it, which makes me even more sad), and my little one is now 100% weaned from BF'ing (he's almost 2).

I am just reaaalllly bad with change, of any kind. And, usually turn to food to comfort myself. I actually cried this am when I was thinking about when my DH leaves and how I also won't have my binges or food to make me feel better. Which, is good, I guess? Because I think my mind is already not going to tolerate a binge (hopefully).

Anyway.... day 21, hoping tomorrow will be 22!!
mamato2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #43  
Love me.

S/C/G: 207/T/135

Height: 5'10"

Thank you everyone for their kind understanding words!

I read your stories and my heart goes out to all of you! Stay strong and forgive yourself!
AshleyLaurent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Ashley--I don't get crazy cravings, but I do experience a "whoosh" which I didn't know other people get until I read on 3FC. I guess something to look forward to.

Fruitlady--Good job! Fruit and yogurt are my extra cals, but I never feel bad about it.

Ncuneo--When I used to work in an office suite, I had the problem too with the office candy jar of m&m's. They were too close to my desk. I used to think bad thoughts about it to avoid it, for instance I thought about how many hands touched the m&m's, how germs were just growing in the bowl since they were out there for so many weeks, and just keep thinking revolting thoughts about it. As for sesame cashews, there sooo addictive. Trader Joes has them. I used to rationalize how they're actually healthy, but if you look at the sugar grams, that is enough to trigger sugar cravings, and never ending eating of more sesame cashews. They are almost as bad as candy, and bad for teeth. I just don't buy them anymore due to the fact that they're addictive. Other people have told me the same thing about those, and how addictive they are. Don't be bummed about day 1 again. Clean starts are good, b/c you can be more strong about making no more excuses and know what your weaknesses are and avoid them. And I know you know that it's not a game, but remember that it's about learning and knowing more about yourself and weaknesses, and making it stronger next time, and you do seem like you are getting better every day despite the slip ups. I just read your last post, and I agree, don't overanalyze what went wrong, what happened. Just know that you have some work to do, and focus on that. It upsets me when I think about what I did to get myself the way I am now, which is 20 pounds heavier in 5 months. That's a lot for me, and I cried thinking about everything in the past, and it was no good. The next day, I just picked myself up and did committments on 3FC, and just tried to forget about it and focus on the now and future me.

K9Owner--HI! Glad to see you here. I need to learn how to binge on fruit and veggies! I can't seem to get it all recommended servings in a day. I just get too full.

Scoot--I know what you mean. I have been pretty stable now in terms of binging and control, so now I'm really focused on weight loss through diet and exercise. Once you've overcome one challenge you'll move on to the next. Maybe it's time for you to refocus your energy to start doing more exercise and diet now that you've gone over a week of being in control of binging.

LovingMe--The weight should come off soon! Sometimes I experience a 2 week delay in any weight loss, and it sucks cause I'm doing everything right. I just need to watch myself from overeating, and making sure to do my daily exercise. Sometimes I need to do 2 exercise sessions in a day several times a week to see results. It does suck, but then I think of all the time I sat idle and binged, and think how easy it was to consume 500 cals of junk food, and how difficult it is to burn that in the gym. It's going to be a tough battle, but I did it to myself.

Aggie--It does get better! For me at least. I am feeling LOADS better and being in control and knowing how to say NO! to myself when I pass up on food. It's become routine to me, saying no, eating the right amounts, and I feel normal again. If I get hungry, I'll eat yogurt, cottage cheese with fruit, or water. And working out cuts out hunger too for me. So that is something I have to do every day. I believe having sugar in my system, and all the bad chemicals they put in processed food, put my mind in a binge state, and wanting more junk food. Also, I would see/imagine the "old me" just as Vixsin said, doing things I would not do now. And when I decline and make decisions not to do those bad habits, the "new me", which is real and present, feels better, and I feel stronger to avoid those bad things.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:17 PM   #45  

Hey ladies! Hope everyone is doing well . I just finished Day 2 last night and am on Day 3 today.

juicyjacei, we are on the same schedule. Let's keep it up!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote