Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-31-2011, 09:30 AM   #61  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Day 2 binge free!!!
lynnie923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:46 AM   #62  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Day 3 coming to a close. I had a couple snacks at work I wish I hadn't, but stayed in control.

I also RAN for the first time in several weeks due to injuries, and I feel incredible! I somehow didn't lose that much fitness and probably ran about 4 miles in 45 minutes - not gonna set any speed records but that's not what it's about for me. Went a new route with lots of hills and timing worked out so that I could watch the sun set.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:58 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 155/122ish/120

Height: 5'4"

krampus...4 miles in 45 minutes is great -- what are you talking about?! You were at a steady 10-minute-mile...that's pretty darn impressive in my book. Even when I was getting ready for a half-marathon I was going at 10/10.5 minutes per mile and that was after three months of dedicated training. So give yourself a pat on the back and keep at it.

happymom: how are your feeling post surgery? let us know.

I am going OK today, better. Had my bootcamp in the park in the chilly 40-degree weather which is surprisingly invigorating. The trainer was in drill sergeant mode so my legs were on fire, among other things. Not sure if I will be able to walk tomorrow. And...I am looking forward to being one with nature on my 7-mile hike this Sunday.

Xoxoxooxoxos to all of you.

Last edited by leblebi; 03-31-2011 at 10:03 AM.
leblebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:09 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

Ah...thanks for asking!!!

i am working on day 5 and feeling pretty good! I had the splints out yesterday so that was the last of the "stuff" up my nose!!! I can actually sit here and type iwth my mouth closed and BREATH!!!! wooo hoo!!! he said i am healing well but that it will be several more months until it is totally healed... i am just so excited !!! i cannot wait to start to exercise (hard) again and see what difference it makes to be able to breath more easily!

i think the surgery was worth it...hard on me physically and very hard mentally but worth it none the less

i am excited i get to teach my first spinning class since the surgery today! wooo hooo! look out team!!! here i come!!

thank you for asking!!!

i hope everything can get through this Thurs making sure that you do everything you can to make YOURSELF proud!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:02 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Day 10!

KRAMPUS, That's so awesome that you ran 4.5 miles! Wow, how inspirational!

LYNNIE, congrats on day 2! We're all in this together!

LEBIBEBI, What kinds of exercises do you do at Bootcamp? Can't wait to hear about your hike!

KIM, I'm so happy your surgery went well!! Congrats on being able to teach another spinning class so soon after surgery. Oh by the way, the scale is not a word in my vocabulary for a while.

I have 2 things planned this afternoon (during the temptation zone), I'm going to meditate for 10 minutes. And I'm going to Whole Foods to look for interesting teas. Gotta go to my zumba class now.

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:25 PM   #66  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyla View Post
Day 10!

LYNNIE, congrats on day 2! We're all in this together!

Tyla

Thanks again Tyla. I did real well instead of bingeing I only ate a cheese sandwich which was still in my range of carbs

Congrats on going 10 days of binge free. Do you like your zumba class? I might wanna try it after I lose some more weight. Who knows!! A gain Congrats and keep up the good work.

Last edited by lynnie923; 03-31-2011 at 01:26 PM.
lynnie923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:04 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 155/122ish/120

Height: 5'4"

tyla! thanks for asking me about bootcamp...i just love it! it's a 90-minute class with no equipment -- just your body weight, a towel and a park bench. basically, it's an alternating mix of cardio and resistance, with more emphasis on the strengthening/resistance aspect of it. we'll do lunges with side flies, squats with shoulder presses, jumping jacks, plyometrics, push-ups on the bench, bicep curls on the bench, step-ups and step-downs on the park bench, lunges on the bench, karaokes, skipping, all sorts of ab exercises, calf raises, your partner pushes down on your arms and push up, etc...it's your typical routine, but a bit more intense because it's at a faster pace and lots of reps. the best part is really being outside -- there are comparable classes at my gym that i take but it's just not the same. i also like that this particular trainer pushes us to the limit without being overbearing and expects us to improve class to class. and, he switches things up (so far) which other trainers i've had didn't do. it's only twice a week for three weeks and week one is already done i'd like to sign up for another session but they're not that cheap. worth it, but pricey. i will see where i am then and decide. they have camps in silicon valley, boston, philly, ny/nj area if you live anywhere near those places -- i'd highly recommend them!

happymom: so glad to hear you're well on your way. take it easy with your spin class. i know what a gym rat and adrenaline junkie you are so please pace yourself and don't push too hard right out the gates. and yes, i'm sure your breathing will be much more efficient now.

Last edited by leblebi; 03-31-2011 at 02:05 PM.
leblebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:41 PM   #68  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

Krampus that's a very good time, i mean i can't run at all and i've been longing to start this spring but with so much assingments and studying i only dream about it. i saw your pics in one of the threads and you look AWESOME!! your body shape is great and you really don't look like you need to loose more or that you've binged.
Lynnie you're doing great!!just keep it up and don't let depression to get you. you have support and motivation, that is what gets you going!
the rest of the girls: good job, i think we're finally moving on! and you've been all working out hard. i wish i could too :/ but i have a new equipment and i promise to start soon.
today is day 9! i have to make an assignment till tomorrow and i barely started. usually i would turn the kitchen upside down but now i just tell myself that whatever i eat won't make the anxiety go away. then mom brought some dessert (homemade marshmallows with pudding and choc. ) and i tried it a little and put the rest in the fridge. i'm just trying not to care about food and so far it's going good. we'll see about that tomorrow when i go grocery shopping. ohh and i think i already lost 3 pounds.

Last edited by missunshine; 03-31-2011 at 04:48 PM.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:49 PM   #69  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 2- Went to the dentist and had a root canal done. So i had no time to even think about over eating or binging. Didn't want to eat to much cause of my teeth anyway.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:50 PM   #70  

WOOT WOOT!!! one calendar month binge free!!

day 33 today!
not sure on how the weekend will play out, have a big dinner out planned, I would really love to stick to my guns and not end up binging.
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:29 PM   #71  

S/C/G: maintaining at 125-130

^Congrats on the binge-free month! Must feel awesome

I had a bit of a binge yesterday and went way over my calories. But today I'm back on track and stuck to a good amount of calories with no binging. Hoping I can carry it through the weekend!
parafilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:46 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 120/120/100

Height: 5'2''

wow this is a great thread. I honestly have been so socially isolated for such a long time i thought i was the only one that had binging periods and had to fight the next day to stop the eating monster coming out of me. Its really nice to see that its not just me. ha

yeah i find (after many a binge), the best for me to do is to skip dinner and the next day ill be okay. If i binge all the way to sleep time i will wake up and feel like eating all over again whether im hungry or not!!!

also the less oily crap/sweet/carby stupidity i eat the better off i am too.
Iwillbethinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:48 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 268/260/194

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm going to give myself today but I need this post claiming it to keep me from crossing over to the dark side I have a plan for this aspect of my life that is good and achievable and I am going to follow it.

Day 4
zizania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:53 PM   #74  

Day 5. I do believe that is a record for me, at least in the last month. (it's been a bad month, clearly.)

This week I've been following the principles of the Flat Belly Diet and having 3 meals of 400 cals plus 2 snacks of 200 cals, and have 100 cals of a monosaturated fatty acid at each meal and snack. It has REALLY kept my hunger in check! Grated, the other 300 calories for each meal consist of LOTS of spinach, veggies, rice and beans, but overall, I think the extra fat has helped me not be hungry - just like the science says it would. Huh. So I'm pleased that not only have I not binged, I've also not been miserably hungry trying to fight it. One day at a time, but 5 full days is so nice for me to see on my calender. Last week I begged for just 7, and I'm almost there!
Just 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:53 AM   #75  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Today is Day 4 and I am very confident that I won't binge...I am super full, the English department teachers all had enormous bento lunches. Ours had different contents but this photo is an accurate portrayal of the amount: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-R...0/image212.jpg

I don't know how my 5'2, 95 lb coworkers can eat the whole thing! Where does it go?!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote