Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-12-2011, 04:09 PM   #1  

Red face New to Forum-Want to say thank you ladies!

Hey girls I'm new to the forum, nickame is Nessy (vanessa), 20 years old..5'5", 142lbs, attempting to loose ~20lbs (want to be 120lbs!!) Ok well.... I wanted to say THANK YOU for these threads/this section of the forum! I now realize I am not some freak of nature who can eat insane amounts of food in a binge (& throw up later...) I am so excited to have found a group of ppl like myself! This is infuriating and I am planning to stop (no, REALLY STOP... not those half-a** attempts I've made about a 1,00000 times in the past!) tomrrow.

I have a new meal/workout plan designed for me by the world famous Mindi O'brien and I plan to stick with it 100%! I am so ready to begin a new chapter in my life. My dream/goal for my body is to look like a figure/bikini competitor one day..don't think I will compete though!

In the past I have been borderline anorexic (1 peanutbutter sandwich a day, 1 apple, and 1 granola bar), exersise ADDICT (working out w/ 2 hours cardio plus weight training everyday!!), Bulimic (it was so empowering for me to realize I could eat "whatever I wanted" and not gain weight becuz I could just throw it up!) I am ready to be DONE with this sick way of thinking. I want to anxiety to STOP, the bullsh*t to be over with.

This is my life and its being wasted away. I sometimes hide from events, friends, outings, because I worry about binging, purging (if the toilet will flush..), ridiculous, SICK thoughts that I'm so over with!

Ok... that's all for now! Thanks so much ladies and u have no idea how happy I am to be a part of this forum!
nessy211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #2  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Wow, your body and mind has certainly been through alot honey. But I commend you for taking these steps to get healthy the GOOD way. It's funny how we can convince ourselves that we are controlling food when the truth is the food controls US!

I am happy you are here and soon enough people will be thanking YOU for the wisdom you will undoubtedly bring here to 3FC!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

Welcome and Good Luck. You do not have much weight to lose, so do not get discouraged if it takes a while. Please try to concentrate on eating healthy, and find help if you continue to have eating disorders.
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
Wow, your body and mind has certainly been through alot honey. But I commend you for taking these steps to get healthy the GOOD way. It's funny how we can convince ourselves that we are controlling food when the truth is the food controls US!

I am happy you are here and soon enough people will be thanking YOU for the wisdom you will undoubtedly bring here to 3FC!
Aww thank you I hope to be able to help others in some way! I know exactly what you mean about control... When I'm about to binge I just try and make it light and fun like its a choice...when really it is a horrible, serious problem...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaM View Post
Welcome and Good Luck. You do not have much weight to lose, so do not get discouraged if it takes a while. Please try to concentrate on eating healthy, and find help if you continue to have eating disorders.
Thanks very much for the advice
Old 03-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #5  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessy211 View Post
When I'm about to binge I just try and make it light and fun like its a choice...when really it is a horrible, serious problem...
I do this too, to the point where when I confess to someone I have a problem they don't even believe me.

Welcome to 3FC - no one is a "freak of nature" here, we're all in it to help each other get healthy!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
I do this too, to the point where when I confess to someone I have a problem they don't even believe me.

Welcome to 3FC - no one is a "freak of nature" here, we're all in it to help each other get healthy!
Thank you!
Yes!! I have done this as well and they just kind of laugh it off and I do too, when inside my head I'm thinking "if they only knew...."