Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #1  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Default Having A Hard Day

I'm sick, I've been sick with a really bad cold for the last week & a half. I've also had a dull headache for 3 weeks. I'm dealing with a plethora of health issues and I'm just sick of it!

I've been trying to eat healthier for about 2 weeks. I literally get nauseous after eating. I feel like crap all over. I'm so tired of dealing with it.

I'm being treated for acid reflux but the medicine doesn't seem to help. I'm taking this acid reflux medicine for about 10 days on a trial run to see if it will help. It is supposed to help but it is not. My doctor wants me to take it for 3 weeks to see what would happen. If it's not helping he wants me to have an ultrasound to see if it might be my gall bladder instead.

I'm just really struggling right now cause I feel so flipping bad! All I want to do is go eat something really bad for me. What is it about fried foods that make me feel better physically? I got a coupon in the mail for a KFC family meal that had a picture of the meal on it. It looked so good, I threw it away but when I looked at it I could visualize myself going to get it and bingeing on it. I want to do it so bad and I'm in tears trying to hold myself back from doing it. I cant seem to get it out of my head.

And to make it even worse I have to leave in a little while to go uptown which is around all those fast food places. My car is a trigger for me. It's where I've done most all my binging.

I freaking hate this. It's so stressful it's causing my chest to hurt.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

oh my goodness... i totally understand what you are going through. i have been sick with sinus infections almost non-stop for 5 years and am finally getting surgery for it next week.

i also had my gall bladder removed in 2005. what other symptoms do you have ? i would push for the ultrasound now if you've been on acid reflux meds for 10 days and no improvement. my youngest had reflux and it only took a couple of days on the right med to see an improvement but it took two meds to find the right one.

and i eat in the car too... it is so hard to drive past all those friggin places and not stop...

you are ultimately only accountable to yourself BUT if it helps for today, why not be accountable to me? tell yourself that I am waiting to get a post saying "I DID IT! I DIDNT BINGE"

i feel for you... a lot!!!
biggest hugs!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #3  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Hmmm, what magical words can I say that will help you snap out of it? :-) Unfortantely, I can only give you a suggestion. You really shouldn't leave the house hungry or it's very likely you'll make an unhealthy decision. Do you have something in the house that you can eat before you go? I know it's difficult staying mentally strong when you are physically weak. We adopt this "it's not fair" attitude. I mean, who wants to be sick AND stick to a diet? When I am sick I want to eat bad foods because that is what my mom fed me to make me feel better. Yeah, well --- thanks mom for giving me such bad eating habits! LOL

But seriously, I know you are struggling and I really HOPE that you do not give into temptation. You have put in a lot of hard work and I'd hate to see all of it go to waste.

Hang in & I hope you feel better!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #4  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Thanks ladies.

I'm feeling better now and I did not binge! I don't know what happened to me. I just sort of snapped and was panic stricken for just a little while. Before I left I decided to eat a protein bar which usually helps me, and it did. I had to go to Harris Teeter to buy (of all things) ice cream for my sick husband. If he only knew how I was feeling at the moment he wouldn't have asked me, he knows because I've told him but since he's never experienced it himself he really doesn't know, kwim?

But fortunately, I had calmed down by the time I arrived at the grocery store. But to be sure I walked around the store a bit and got myself some good foods before venturing to the ice cream section. My daughter & I ate a few produce samples, which were incredibly yummy btw.

I also found some tofu shiratake noodles which I know not everyone here likes but I like them. I wonder what food group shiritake noodles fall under. Since they're tofu I'd first think protein but they only have 1 g protein per serving, they're made out of soy and yam flour so maybe it's a carbohydrate or maybe it a vegetable. Do any of you know?
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote