Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 210.5/160/130

Height: 5'3"

i binged yesterday. i am so strict on my diet, i usually only binge once a month and follow my diet 95 percent the rest of the time. the only times i'm not strict is if i can't control what i eat, like if i'm out i don't ask for food to be prepared a certain way like no salt, i just order the healthiest thing i can find. but when i binge- i eat A LOT. yesterday i ate until i almost threw up. i don't ever want to eat like that again, but i do want to learn how to enjoy sweets in moderation. i'm so ashamed i only binge when i'm by myself. so here we go- day 1
skinnyby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 214/177/165lb (97/80.5/75kg)

Height: 5'7" (170cm)

Day 10 finished
rainbow84uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #18  

Height: 5'5"

My binging has completely derailed my progress. Starting fresh today. Day 1!
christiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #19  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Thank you everyone for your votes of confidence. Vixsin, AriRuns, leblebi, I completely understand what you mean when you mentioned "zen" feelings and renewed motivation. Today I feel that way. My weight is a few pounds above red line, but if I don't binge, it will go down. I feel like I've just had such an absurdly off-course past few days that it can't go on.

It also helps that eating all that kimchee left me a long and painful night of rather disgusting gassy bloat. I don't want to feel like that again.

Today is Day 1. It's graduation day at the high school I work at. We are getting special occasion bentos/lunches. They're usually huge, so I am going to pack some away in Tupperware and have it for dinner or for lunch tomorrow.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:01 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 216/187/140

Height: 5ft 7

day 46.
spingirl ; 1 week down and straight into the next staying strong
pint sized terror ; You should be proud. 14 days is a huge acheivement especially when you have been under so much stress. But you seem to have come out of this more focussed and with a really good insight into your eating habits which will help you stay positive in the future.
tamara72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:45 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Day 21- Running full pace in life and can't seem to slow down - Yesterday I left the house at 7AM and got home at 9PM - the way it's looking this week, I don't think I'm going to have a free night at home - and it's hard - and I get stressed and down on myself - hard finding the balance between acknowledging feelings and dwelling in them. Acknowledge feelings and then move past - I can't change the amount of "stuff" going on, but I can change my relationship to it?

Just want to be gentle with myself - and stop using food as a drug. Even if I haven't binge eaten I've medicated with sugar - and I know my body would rather have healthy, whole foods.

Breathe in, breathe out - still getting my quiet time in, still getting my exercise in so I can be proud that I am taking care of myself in 2 key ways.

Ladies hope you have a binge free day - feelings not food
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #22  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Day 143!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #23  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Day 1 over without any urges or complications. I discovered 0 calorie jello desserts which may change my life forever. A big old tub of jello with chunks of mystery fake sugar fruit inside and negligible calories? The days of sugar binges may be over...
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 186/186/120

Height: 5'2"

I would like to join in. I am on Day 1 today and didnt start it very well but as long as I don't snack for the rest of the day and keep my lunch and dinner low cal I can stay on target.
Sarahlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #25  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePurple15 View Post
That is where I get confused on whether it is binging or not. If i am eating something "forbidden", but I don't go crazy and eat an obscene amount, is it still considered a binge because it was a fatty food? Or is it more when you are just out of control.
For me, a binge is when I am eating like a zombie and can't stop no matter what I do. Totally out of control and not even in my own body. It's a terrifying feeling. If you are treating yourself to something that you don't normally eat (like a slice of cake), but you don't eat the entire cake, then I don't consider that a binge. It's good to treat yourself that way you don't binge...that's what I have to do, anyway, otherwise I go insane!!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 155/122ish/120

Height: 5'4"

Good morning lovely ladies...did well yesterday even though I was at my favorite Mexican restaurant for happy hour with out-of-town visitors. Had two margaritas on the rocks and two miniscule tortillas with a bit of guacamole. It hit the spot, I ate whatever was in front of me, and didn't freak out...I must say I did catch myself counting calories in my head once or twice but I was able to shake it off. And...drumroll please...was 1/2 lb down from yesterday morning's weigh-in so I checked in at 123.5 today. Am very happy, even though I am still 2 lbs from my "ideal" weight.

Today will go well...gym after work and then another evening out. Guests can be exhausting
leblebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #27  
I am in control.

Day 58 for me. I am still getting little thoughts like "I just want to find a large bag of M&Ms and eat them all"...like a four pound bag...and the thoughts come at the strangest times, but I've found that they come out the most when I am shopping for groceries, or running to Target or something like that. Sweets and junky candy are my weaknesses, and they are so easily accessible wherever you go. I stare at the candy bars sometimes in the checkout lines...

Last edited by Emme; 03-01-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #28  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
I stare at the candy bars sometimes in the checkout lines...
Don't feel bad, Emme. I do that too! The difference for me now is I stare at them and tell myself all the reasons why I will not buy them. It's like a little victory for me everytime I'm in a checkout line. LOL

Hang in there!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #29  
I am in control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
Don't feel bad, Emme. I do that too! The difference for me now is I stare at them and tell myself all the reasons why I will not buy them. It's like a little victory for me everytime I'm in a checkout line. LOL

Hang in there!
Whew, glad I am not the only one!! I do tell myself that it's not worth it as I pass them by after staring at them. I have bought the occasional candy bar every great now and again, but I always make sure to work it into my calorie count for the day...then I don't feel guilty!!
Old 03-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

liblibi - I am sooo excited to hear you are so positive! I am glad you are shaking up your routine...exercise is not my problem. my problem is food... duh! i hit a BAD milestone yesterday. I hit the number I said I would NEVER hit again! 190lbs... it was ALLL binge weight. I am back to 186 this morning but that is not the point. It scared me... a LOT... I have decided to take food off the table - make it a non-issue. i will eat the same meals, morning noon and night, until i get back to my "comfortable" weight in the low 170's. That means nothing extra, nothing off plan and I dont have to think about food. i know what i am having. i did this when i first started with my trainer so i could concentrate on the workouts. now i need to concentrate on other things (family, work, relaxing) and STOP obsessing about food! today is day 1 and it actually day 1. every day is day 1. i will follow my mantra every day... every day is a day to refocus and learn and improve.

it is amazing to see numbers going up and up and positive attitudes and successes.... we all have challenges to face... some bigger than others... i just know that food shouldn't be a challenge but something to fuel us and occassionally be "enjoyed".... and with that, i am going to eat my pre-portioned curried chickpea stew and english muffin (dry) for lunch with 1/2 cucumber and water... after finishing a full hour on the bike and buring approx 550cal...

numbers are just numbers...they don't define us. i know many accountants that have said "what do you want the number to be" (i.e. with manipulation, any number can be achieved) ... so ... here i go... again...
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote