Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

spingirl9 - you are right on! it is exactly the things you said, all of them... i dont feel like i deserve to be considered beautiful, loveable, wanted, "thin", "fit", i have all this excess skin and i feel like i need to 'refill' it or that i am broken in some way...

kifli - welcome! it wasnt that long ago that i was in the same situation as you... newborn and toddler and i was then instantly single as well... you will make it through...don't be to hard on yourself right now... give yourself "down time" even if you cannot get back those lost hours of sleep ... it helped me to take 10 min a day in the shower (no matter who was crying or fussing)... no matter what, i had that shower...

chipmunk - i totally agree! i put away my scale. i am giong to use my pants and how i feel "inside" to gauge my weight. i promised myself i will not weigh myself for at least a month (i have sinus surgery coming up in mar so i am not going to put more stress on myself because of a number)...

today is day 2 although my goal is not to keep count but just to live every day as day 1... it was my mom's bday party at my house last night and i have been binging on the chocolate brownie ingredients all weekend so i sent home all the remaining brownie with her last night after dinner because i knew i'd eat it all myself...

it is only 8 am and i am already shaky for the day... i keep thinking of ways to binge tonight... i just need to find another way to cope with this surgery stress and other stresses in my life... "junkfood for my mind" instead of my body...

we can do this - together and alone - we WILL do this!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:33 AM   #32  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Day 8 ended without any problems. Some sweets offered from coworkers, it was a non-issue. I just had a little and logged it. It all feels pretty manageable at the moment. I COULD eat everything in the house, but I don't need to.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #33  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Day 136!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #34  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

Ok, let's try this again. Day 1.
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #35  
Mama on a Mission

Height: 5'6

Posted a thread on 30-somethings b/c I didn't notice we had a spot on this site for this. Day 1 for me. I realized that I really just can't have sugar anymore. Pudding cup or hot chocolate, fine. But ice cream, cookies, etc. NO CAN DO! I finally told my husband that I just can't eat stuff like this anymore since it triggers me to eat more crap and to eat whatever I can get my hands on. It actually felt good to say it out loud to someone too.

I did so well Aug--Dec but then got sick, stopped working out and ate like crap for three months. And the 13 pounds I lost got put right back on. So I am going to log in on here to keep me motivated and strong. I am tired of getting sidetracked and having to make up all the time I lost by gaining weight back. Thanks for having a place for support for this sort of thing!
Mitza24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Feeling kind of low today - There's this HUGE spread of food in the kitchen at our office cause it's our boss's birthday - I'm supposed to have lunch with my fiance so I'm avoiding it - but it doesn't even look at appetizing to me. Think it's cause I didn't sleep very well last night that I'm just feeling bummy - and my Grandfather has been in the hospital... I dunno... Funny how sometimes hunger drives me CRAZY and other times I don't even notice it. Today I feel hungry but don't feel like eating...

Usually I eat when I'm sad so this is new to me.
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

I am happy to say that I made it thru Day 1 without binging -- of course, I went to bed practically as the sun went down! Hope to post a successful day for today. If I make it through today -- it will be the first time in a long, LONG time that I've gone two days without binging. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
OK Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:06 PM   #38  

Height: 4'11"

WOW! We have all overcome so much this week. Let's keep it up ladies!!

This weekend wasn't so great. I don't consider it a binge, but I came very close, and I definitely ate when I wasn't hungry. For accountability's sake: On Saturday night I ate 3 large slices of pizza for dinner, and I was full after the 2nd slice. I knowingly continued to rapidly eat the 3rd slice and I knew I was stuffing myself. Sunday, after dinner I ate another bowl of cereal and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I wasn't hungry for the cereal or the pb & J, it was purely mental hunger. So it wasn't a binge, I just wasn't practicing intuitive eating, I wasn't listening to my body, and I kept eating even when I knew my body wasn't asking for it. But, I don't consider it a binge, just overerating. So I will continue my count from the last time I really binged...

Today is day 24
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #39  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 33- but struggling.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

raven - you hit 2 of my faves, pb&j and cereal LOVE THEM. But they're also definitely go to foods for me, emotional eating wise.

So grumpy today. Went to Panera, got full enough from lunch and want to keep eating. The food from our office luncheon today is STILL in the kitchen. Told myself I could have a piece of cake and coffee as a snack when I get hungry but would also rather use those calories to put nutritional goodness into my body. SO MUCH going on. Bible study at our house tonight, school projects, mini-reunion at our house on Friday, wedding planning, Grandfather in the hospital - and running on fumes since I woke up this AM at 430 and mine was racing with the aforementioned list.

I am healthy. My fiance is healthy. My family is healthy. I have a house and food to eat and a car to drive and a fine job... I just need to breathe, know that I am not hungry and that fatigue is making me grumpy.
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:35 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 214/177/165lb (97/80.5/75kg)

Height: 5'7" (170cm)

Day 3 finished for me and still very motivated at the moment, trying to hang onto the feeling before it disappears.
rainbow84uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:38 PM   #42  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

day 3 for me. i'm under so much pressure right now i just wanted to shut down and cry but i couldn't, i told myself that nothing is worth of my health and happiness especially not some dumb term paper for some stupid teacher. and that was first time, i just kinda feel optimistic despite all my worries. usually i would just give up and binge binge binge till the final day would come. i did went to kitchen and ate a few cookies and some chicken even though i wasn't hungry and had eaten a lot of sweets today but in my calorie range. i'm slowly progressing and don't want to push myself too far. i feel like a new wiew on everything is opened to me. and it makes me feel positive and safe. and of course i could not have done it without music. last week i discovered florence and the machine and jessie j...omg totally inspiring....they changed my world <3 i listen to them all the time, even while i sleep at night.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:12 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 214/177/165lb (97/80.5/75kg)

Height: 5'7" (170cm)

Oooh I love Florence + the Machine, missunshine! Have heard great things about Jessie J from people in the UK too but now I live in Spain I don't hear as much cool music!

Stay strong, you're doing well
rainbow84uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:39 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

285!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:16 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

I made it thru Day 2!! At one point, I let my mind drift toward the kitchen -- and whatever junk food my husband has stashed in there -- but somehow found the strength to "just say no"!
Onward and upward -- hope to be able to post tomorow that I made it thru Day 3. I've been addicted to binging and then starving my entire adult life. Started back in college -- which was a L-O-N-G time ago. Tell me, Chickies -- does this EVER get any easier?? Seriously??
OK Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote