Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

284!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:18 PM   #17  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Hi everyone ~ I ate off-plan (calorie counting) for the first time since January 3rd on Saturday, and I managed to do ok. I went out for Ethiopian food with my sister in Chicago and I knew I'd never know what the calorie count would be, but I was actually ok with it. I had chicken and veggies, and I had 1/2 of their chocolate dessert (which took all that I had to stop eating it). Normally, I would have finished it off and anyone else's around me. So, it was an intentional off-plan day, but I don't feel guilty about it because I was able to keep my head in check.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #18  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

i'm back too, today is kinda day 2 for me, but i ate a lot of cakes and candies. i had a very very stresfull period-i know what its like girls and totally congratulate to all yall who could resist to binging, i wish i did too- so i had my exam period and some family and social issues all piled up. i got very depressive and i even passed all the important exams but didn't felt satisfied, so i binged. even thoughi told myself after i'd make my exam i would not binge anymore, but i still did, at one point i was so overjoyed so i gave myself permission to binge. i finally encouraged myself and stepped on a scale and i gained a loooot more than i thought. i was thinking of all kinds o f scenarios, how will i lose it, what will people say, my family, friends...i did't want to go back to school today. all my clothes are too small and it makes me so crazyyy maddd. but i just couldn't stop. there was always a reason to binge.. i gained half of what i had lost. about 28 pounds. what hurts me most are my teeth gone very sensitive and achey and new strechmarks. and yesterday my sister and her family came to visit and i was home alone and had so much to study. i really hate her. she usually causes my binges but this time i kept it together. in the past i would fake my feelings for her but now i just tell what i think and act how i want- i've changed a lot since my weight loss and i get blamed and criticised for it but i try not to care. i only have to suck it up for a few years and then i will hopefully be able to do what i want and go far away from them. ok sorry for so much information. i haven't had anyone to tell this since i haven't seen my friends for two months.
so on sunday i went to store and bought a whole cake, frozen one which i had been eyeing long time, and came home, fortunately everyone was gone and i told myself that i wouldn't eat a whole cake and so i ate only a half of it and it wasn't even that good. i had to take to the trash the other half otherwise i would come back for it later.
so i'm proud of myself for that achievement and hope that things go only better. i've resolved some things in my head and already feel the consequences-positive ones.
good luck and thanks for letting me throw everything out here.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:06 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 214/177/165lb (97/80.5/75kg)

Height: 5'7" (170cm)

Hi,

I woke up yesterday after about 6 months of eating whatever the **** I liked and realised I didn't want to do it any more. This is day 2 without binging and it's been a long day but I'm feeling strong.

I love the way I feel when I start eating well and working out, in the first few weeks when I'm super motivated...wish I could bottle that feeling and keep it for later, when I trick myself into cheating. Or even better, sell it! I'd make a fortune! xD

Good luck everyone! x
rainbow84uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #20  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Missunshine: Thank you for sharing your feelings today. That is what this place is for. To get out the frustrations that maybe you cant say in the real world. We're here for you.

Congrats on turning those negatives into a huge positive! That's not easy and you're doing great!!!

Today is Day 135.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:14 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 117/113.5/110-112

Height: 5'4

Happytobemom and leblebi: thank for the kind words. It helps to feel less alone in this. Happytobemom -- I too find that this struggle with binging rears it's ugly head most viciously when I am not trying to lose weight. I wonder if we somehow, deep down, feel like we don't deserve to be thin and happy? Or maybe there is some component of our thin and healthy lives that causes us discomfort? I don't know. By the way: congratulations to you on your amazing weight loss. I admire your amazing inner strength.

Leblebi: thank you for cluing me into the idea that I should try to figure out what is going on in my mind when I binge. I think that I am going to sit down with a journal today or tom and really give it some deep thought. I need to figure out what causes me to do this to myself.
spingirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:31 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 176.4/165.6/125

Height: 5'4"

Today is day 1 for me, and I feel positive! I made it to work this morning without making any stops on the way for donuts/junk food, which is always the hardest for me. I know it will get easier, the more days i don't do it!
LovePurple15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

This will be Day One for me -- IF I get through the rest of the day. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can ---
OK Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 214/177/165lb (97/80.5/75kg)

Height: 5'7" (170cm)

You can, you can, you can!

I'm tucked up in bed and logging off for the night after eating dinner, no dessert and certainly no binge, and none of it with too much effort today. As someone who has big problems with night-time eating, that's a huge deal!!

Good night and good luck!
rainbow84uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Height: 5'2"

Day 48!

This weekend has been pretty bad, as far as junk food consumption goes. Being at my parents' house is a trigger for emotional eating, even if it's not binging.

I started feeling hatred towards my body again this weekend and I think it's a result of the emotional eating. Since I stopped binging, I find myself much less preoccupied with my fat and my stretch marks and my unwanted curves, but suddenly this weekend I find myself staring at my gut and pinching my hips and all this stuff I used to do on a daily basis. This signals to me that I've been getting off track with my healthy attitudes.

It started with my TOM two weeks ago--I felt awful and gave myself permission, not to binge, but to make whatever food choices I wanted. And I did. And then I did the next day, and so on. Basically, I've been eating whatever I've wanted for the past two weeks, not recording it in my food diary. I have not been binging, which is a huge, huge step for me, and it shows in that I've still maintained my weight loss, and maybe even lost a little more? I don't know for sure, but I don't think I've gone over maintenance calories more than a couple times, and have probably been under just as many.

So anyway, I miss how I felt last month, when I was seeing NSVs fairly often, and I want to go back to tracking my food and making healthier decisions and trying to keep it around 1500 calories a day. I have done well today

Last edited by Eurydice; 02-21-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Eurydice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #26  

S/C/G: i will share as i go

Height: 5'2 /weight all time high/but not for long

Talking

day 5 happy
philomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #27  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

MADE IT! Ate very well, ran, and experienced a 3+ lb overnight whoosh. No binge desires at all yesterday. So today is Day 8.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:03 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 216/187/140

Height: 5ft 7

day 39 today
tamara72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:28 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 194/ see ticker /115

Height: 5'3

Hi Guys. So glad to find this thread.

Feeling really down all day today and the last 3 days. Have a newborn who eats in middle of night and a toddler, so have been sleep deprived lately. Now coming down with my toddler's cold again, so I am feeling really run down. The combination of things brought me to a low point. I totally went off plan and ate a buzzillion calories, all day today...icecreams, cookies, chocolates, everything. I am really depressed now. I'm so glad to find this thread. I am going to count this as Day 1 for me. I have some tough mini goals, but I would feel so good if I can accomplish them. My pregnancy weight has really been hard to lose. I am going on vacation at the end of March, so I am really hoping to use this as motivation to keep on plan and be a little bit slimmer. I hope you don't mind if I check in daily. I really need some encouragement. Having an extra hard time. It's crazy...I just lost 4 pounds last week and was doing great. Now, I have already gained 2 of those pounds back and binged on top of it. <BIG SIGH>

Okay DAY 1. February 22.
Gonna give it my best shot to make it to February 28 without cheating myself. Hoping to make up for some of the weight I just gained. Yes, I gain weight very quickly. Exclusively nursing, so it can really work for me (burns calories) or against me (feel much hungrier, can't cut too many calories or milk supply dips)

Thanks everyone. Wish you the Best!
kifli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:28 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 221/152/135

Height: 5'6

Today will be the start of my day 5! I am so excited I have gotten this far! I didn't have ANY cravings yesterday and I think I actually ate a bit less in general. This is another feat in itself since I tend to have a big appetite.

I have to admit--I haven't weighed myself in I don't know how long. It's been at the very least 10 days or so. I can't bring myself to weigh because I am sure I will not be pleased with the number, even with being on plan for 4 days. The last time I weighed I was in the 160's, so I am sure I am still there. I know its probably gonna come off fast but I am just gonna play it safe and wait to weigh. Whats the point in shoving disappointment in my face while I am enjoying the fact I am doing better on my eating plan?
Chipmunk_Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote