Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #1  
a FATabulous girl

S/C/G: 470/392/180

Height: 5 ft 8 in

Default binge control 911

I came back to 3fc today in search of some kind of motivational help, fat rescue, emergency management over my life and yet as I sit here freshly depressed from finishing a binge, I feel like a drunk typing to A.A.... would that be more acceptable to receiving help? I seem to go all day doing great until after 3pm and I binge until it hurts and yet I still feel hungry. But, what plays in my head is, "tomorrow I can try again, its ok" and after, I think of my sisters best friend Melissa, who killed herself because she felt obese and unhelped..... I'm in need of help, a sponsor, a internet subculture binge Jesus. Hello, my names Christy and I'm a binge eater.
christymourning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:34 PM   #2  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Hi Christy,
Welcome and well done for reaching out. I am also a binge eater and I have a sponsor and I work a program and it works! It really does! One day at a time we can do this together. I know I cannot do it alone! There is hope! The state I ended up at... I am powerless over food... I have used and abused food so much that I got to a state where I had no control over what i eat for a considerable period of time... I could not like other people eat and stop when i am full. When I start eating food used to decide for me how much I was going to eat. Then I became willing not to eat on my emotions because it is killing me, not to eating because of habits, not to eat because it tastes really nice, not to eat because its there, not to have food in the car, not to have binge food at home... i started eating mostly vegetables, I gave up trigger foods and i focused on my mood.

I obviously felt s*** about myself because I would not binge otherwise. Today I try to love myself, a bit, just for today, to be nice to myself because i had enough of hating and punishing, only love and care for myself works for me. Today I can make mistakes, I can experience and express all my feelings, I don't need to hide, I can talk to people how i feel and not eat on it. The first day is hardest, it gets easier.

You can do it girl, come and join us, you are not alone. Big hugs from the UK.
hope for recovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:43 PM   #3  
a FATabulous girl

S/C/G: 470/392/180

Height: 5 ft 8 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope for recovery View Post
Hi Christy,
Welcome and well done for reaching out. I am also a binge eater and I have a sponsor and I work a program and it works! It really does! One day at a time we can do this together. I know I cannot do it alone! There is hope! The state I ended up at... I am powerless over food... I have used and abused food so much that I got to a state where I had no control over what i eat for a considerable period of time... I could not like other people eat and stop when i am full. When I start eating food used to decide for me how much I was going to eat. Then I became willing not to eat on my emotions because it is killing me, not to eating because of habits, not to eat because it tastes really nice, not to eat because its there, not to have food in the car, not to have binge food at home... i started eating mostly vegetables, I gave up trigger foods and i focused on my mood.

I obviously felt s*** about myself because I would not binge otherwise. Today I try to love myself, a bit, just for today, to be nice to myself because i had enough of hating and punishing, only love and care for myself works for me. Today I can make mistakes, I can experience and express all my feelings, I don't need to hide, I can talk to people how i feel and not eat on it. The first day is hardest, it gets easier.

You can do it girl, come and join us, you are not alone. Big hugs from the UK.

Thank you so very much. I'm currently looking on how to find a sponsor. Any ideas on it? I'm looking to talk publicly on here but also privately. I need this so much. Xoxoxoxo
christymourning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

christy - if you want to talk to me openly/privately, we can see if we are compatible?!?!?

i can see you've lost a ton of weight already! way to go !

i could use another support, shoulder to lean on, as well... i have many and the more i have, the stronger i feel, the more "normal" i feel and the better i can cope....

i'd be happy to get to know you
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote