Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #1  

Default Getting uncontrolled

Hi guys. I had previous weighed 220 lbs before i started going here a few years ago. I have since then lost a major part of it all. I have kept it off for 4-5 years. Well, my house had burnt down in September and it has been down hill since. I have pretty much been eating chocolate, fast foods, and more. I am terrified of gaining all my weight back. Due to the health issues the weight gave me, I don't want to go back there. I was cured of them all.

I so need motivation..
I don't know how many times I have talked myself into going to the gym and then turned right back around and talked myself out of it.

Not to sound like Im jumping around here.. I am also having a toning issue especially around my neck area. It is impossible to get rid of it!!! My kids crack on it all the time, makes me feel so self conscious. It is worse as I get older lol.. Any ideas as to what is needed to help lessen this effect?

I also need a very low fat diet to help get rid of belly fat and cellulite which I have never had this much since I quit walking last fall. I just got this feeling I am going to be so suck with it.

Just a discouraged mom of 2, from Ohio.
Jewelz76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Hey Jewelz - Welcome - and huge hug. I'm so sorry about your house - I can't even imagine what that would be like and I'm sure it has been so traumatic trying to move on. I'm still learning how to not turn to food for comfort - Like you I came here, lost weight, and then got off track and started comforting myself with food again, got inconsistent with exercise etc. What I'm trying to do is come here and post if I'm feeling something that makes me want to eat. Even if the feeling doesn't necessarily go away, and the urge to eat is still there, it helps to give it a voice so that it's not trapped inside my head/body.
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck ! So sorry to hear about your house. You have proven that you can lose weight and keep it off.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:40 AM   #4  

Sarahin - Thank you so much!

Never thought about expressing it when I am hungry. It does make a lot of since giving it a voice! Great idea!! I will try that.

It was pretty hard trying to move on. It's been a rough road for sure..

I eat when my mind goes idle. Pretty much. Or a severely bad day. I have noticed.

Are you counting calories? I know there is tons of things people do to lose weight.
Jewelz76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Hey Jewelz - For me, I get the urge to eat but realize that I am not hungry - Last night I was anxious and posted instead of eating. Anxiety and boredom are huge triggers for me.

I am counting calories to lose weight - Trying to cut 3500 cals/1 lb a week. SO slow but it's been pretty steady.
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote