Binge Free Challenge: 2.14.11 :val2: - 2.20.11 We LOVE not binging!!!!

You're on Page 6 of 9
Go to
  • way to go fruitlady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Day 11.
  • binging
    day 2 happy to be here and also finding it a bit strange
    being open about binging it has dogged me for yrs.As I read others writing about their struggles i feel compassion. Funny that can be a difficult thing to feel for myself.Ourselves?
  • Definitely ourselves - compassion is easy for other, hard for ourselves.

Coming here cause I'm feeling anxious and avoiding the honey bunches of oats in the pantry. No reason to feel anxious I just do. But eating won't help anything.

Took a test tonight, fiance is at band practice, watching sex and the city. Ate dinner, it was fine. Maybe I am just tired. Maybe I should just go to bed.

Think I will make some tea. Promising you ladies out there that I won't eat anything for the rest of the night. Just some soothing chamomile tea.
  • Day 4.
    Feeling a little worried about tomorrow. There is a potluck in the morning that will be full of homemade baked goods (my favorite) and Food Pushers.
  • Hey all...
    Everyone is doing great....I take one day at a time.......that's the only way to go...
  • Thank you for the kind words, sarah and tamara. My first day with family went ok -- I actually went to bed a little bit hungry, even. I are all together under sad circumstances (a funeral), so it's also hard because of some of the emotions that I am feeling. So day 34 and on to day 35 -- I just keep reminding myself that it is really important that I nurture myself by taking care of my body and my mind.

Happytobemom: I am so sorry to hear about your difficult day. But it's okay -- we all make mistakes. The important thing is that you are picking yourself up and recommitting yourself. THAT takes strength.

Yay fruitlady!!!

Icedragon: it's awesome to hear about how you have lost the urge. Did something click?
  • Hello everyone,

Congrats to those of you who are continuing your binge-free streaks. To those who are having a rough time, I send a big

Yesterday was day 14. No bingeing but horrible food choices. I'm always apprehensive heading into the weekend. The change/lack of schedule and having everyone home eating all the time (with three kids and DH it seems like someone is always eating).

DH is away until Saturday afternoon, so maybe I will go to the gym on Saturday, which I never do. Then on Sunday I have a long run, an afternoon party, and out-of-town friends coming for dinner and to stay the night. So Sunday looks a little challenging -- the long run makes me hungry and gives me an excuse, and the party and houseguests provide some opportunity. I think I will just have to set strict limits on what I'm going to eat and stick to them.

SIB, good luck with your half on Sunday! I'll be running 12 so I'll think of you when I get to skip that last 1.1!
  • Day 10- Started waking up at 5 and finally got out of bed at 630 feeling anxious. In my dream, my wedding was like 6 weeks away and I still had the same 5 lbs to lose. It felt hopeless at that point. That said, I weighed myself this AM and the scale said 148. Funny how I have calculated that I've lost exactly 1 lb since last Friday and sure enough the scale reflects it - Slow and steady...

Feeling a little less anxious than I was before my quiet journal/bible time and it's important for me to remember that feelings are fleeting. I feel anxious now, I felt great yesterday, anxious last night and tomorrow I will feel? Hopefully elated/joyous at trying on wedding dresses but we'll see

The Same 7 - The day of long runs have always been hard for me - I go into it thinking "I've run 12 or 20 or whatever so I have plenty of calories" and then forget almost how very very easy it is to exceed the calories I've burned - Especially since I treat it like a party sometimes and alcohol can be involved. We have a brunch buffet planned with friends after the race, but my goal is to focus on satisfaction from food, but more importantly the conversation of great friends. I'm not going for deficit on Sunday and just plan to eat back my burn.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day.
  • Quote: Day 30- never made it this long!

Great job!!!

You have stuck to your guns! You have really started to find that power within yourself to resist the food! You're doing a great job!!

And always remember that YOU did this! Nobody else..YOU did! I'm proud of you! Let's keep that momentum going!
  • Today is Day 132.
  • Day 12 and going strong! I think I've hit some sort of high. A friend offered me a piece of hazelnut chocolate yesterday, and I TURNED IT DOWN! I don't believe I've ever in my life done such a thing. Nor have I had an urge to binge. Progress!

Congrats to all of those enjoying successes, and good luck to those struggling. We can do this!
  • wow... you ladies are doing amazing!!!!

am well into day 2... some challenges ahead but i am planning and want to execute the plan... i am really excited to go for a run outside today. it has been months since it has been warm enough to run. last weekend it was -20C and today it is +10C and tomorrow it is supposed to be -15C again so I am taking advantage today! plus i am going to try to get to a hot yoga class at 4 (for the first time) and tomorrow is kickboxing... i am so excited about all these! i just need to keep them in mind nad give myself some down time as well...

"Breathe, just breathe. Take the world off your shoulders..."
  • Day 3.
  • 281!