Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-18-2011, 08:43 PM   #1  
Jeepers

S/C/G: 194/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Lost control over the last few years...I need to get it back.

About six years ago, I lost all the baby weight plus a little extra. Now, here I am. I gained it all back, plus an extra twenty. I often have these little bursts of motivations, but sadly it typically doesn't last more than a day or two. What can I do to regain teh control of my life? Does anyone have some strategies that helped get them on track?
Jeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/210/180

Height: 5' 7"

It all starts with the first stop. Whether it's stopping yourself from eatings than one snack food, stopping yourself from eating that extra portion or stopping yourself from that one binge. For me, I can't take it one day at a time, I have to take it one stop at a time. Plus I have to stay totally accountable by writing down everything, that goes in my mouth.
NebraskaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #3  

The reason people tend to gain all their weight back is usually because they didn't make changes to their life habits. Some people result to fad diets and gain the weight back,or make some temporary changes to their diet and exercise routine that they are not comfortable with long-term.

Take small steps overtime to help you reach your ultimate goal of weight loss. These changes have to be healthy changes and ones that you can live with comfortably over time. If you feel as though you can get rid of soda and drink green tea instead, then start progressing towards that. Many habits need to be slow progressive changes over time. For example if you were to drink one can of soda every day. Start off by cutting out every other day for a week or so. Then try cutting out a few days a week, and so on. Over time you should be able to either have a can of soda just on special occasions or not at all.

Translate this into all your unhealthy habits if you want long-term success.
EliteTrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:09 PM   #4  
Shrinkinglady

S/C/G: 172/153/139

Height: 5'2"

Jeepers, I can relate to your feeling of being out of control. I say Amen to the poster who suggested starting to write everything that you eat in a journal. Also maybe thinking about what helped you get started in the past, and try that again may be a good start. Reading alot of the posts on here about so many people who felt the same way and lost huge amounts of weight on different plans may also give you some inspiration and a good plan of action.
Shrinkmfs is offline   Reply With Quote