Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Thanks for the encouragment, fruitlady! I was able to push it away, luckily.

253!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #62  

PMS week man I told you guys, I am a mess. OK, I did not binge. But I went over my calories by about 500. I feel sad and lonely.
Fruitlady - I understand the feeling when your kids are bad.
We have had two snow days this week and with the holiday on Monday its been a really tough week.
I hate staying home all day. I never complain to my hubby but it literally kills me. I do housework all day so my day is full and then play with the kids but there is only so much housework and so many games, ya know.
Last night I only had some salad so by the evening I was starving and so out came the peanut butter and jelly. I did have it on German Pumpernikel bread which is my weakness. I am not a bread person but this stuff is great. Then I craved chocolate (again pms) so I had two small kisses and three whoppers.

I have to start over. I have to start over. Tomorrow I will start over. Sorry I ruined my week.
usam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #63  
This is for life!

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/136

Height: 5'3"

Stayed up too late last night and got hungry, which happens every 3-4 hours anyway so I thought it would be ok to eat something healthy. I ate 1/2 a chicken breast and then nibbled on pistachios while talking to my husband. Had a cup of tea and went to bed at midnight.

This morning I'm not hungry!! so... it's almost 11am and I haven't eaten yet... LOVING this! It's been so long since I've actually felt "hungry" because my days are usually filled with constant snacking on non-healthy foods, insulin spikes, consequential cravings, more non-healthy snacks.

I've been trying to make my "snacks" heavy on protein or veggies and light on carb and fat. Low and behold it works! The breaks have been put on my insulin spikes and it's easier to resist starchy carbs and sugars.

Is a calorie a calorie? NO - Empty calories have little nutritional value, and little if any fiber, they don't keep your metabolism on an even keel like healthy foods do. Therefore 500 calories of starch/fat/sugar does not have the same effect as 500 calories of healthy food. Healthy foods - protein/fiber/healthy fats - build strong bodies and keep cravings at bay.
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #64  

Day 7. TOM is here, so hopefully urge to binge will decrease more and more each day until it is gone....then I can breath a sigh of relief until next month.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #65  
Suicide Wing Winner

S/C/G: 135/98/105

Height: 5'5"

Day 15. My bf bought Oreos last night and I almost ate them all, but I stopped after five. I told him he would have to keep them in his car. Then he went off on me and told me he’s tired of putting food in his car and shouldn’t have to hide food from me. I told him okay, leave the Oreos in the house, but don’t expect them to be there tomorrow morning. We argued for like ten minutes until he finally put the Oreos in his car. I feel bad, but if he doesn’t like the way I am then he doesn’t have to stay with me. The crazy thing is, I was even planning on waiting until he fell asleep then running to the car to eat them all. Thankfully I fell asleep before him.
Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 216/187/140

Height: 5ft 7

got through most of day 6 binge free just few hours to go till bedtime. strange but it seems more difficult tonight because i know that tomorrow is a big step being a full week without binging.
spingirl9 hopefully we will both make 7 days tomorrow.
tamara72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #67  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

krazy- you sound like me, I always ask my hubby to put food in his car & take it to work w/ him. It's away from me & I can't eat it.

paris- I knew you could do it!

Day 3- I'm almost detoxed from 3 days ago, not craving as much today. The junk food is finally getting out of my system.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:42 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Height: 5'2"

Day 17--Oh maaaan, has today been full of temptations. I've been out and about for all but twenty minutes since 8 a.m. Breakfast was Starbucks cappuccino and croissant, lunch/early dinner was a Chipotle vegetarian burrito. Those things are huge, but I made sure to eat mindfully and took half of it home with me. I dropped the leftovers off in my dorm before going to hang out with a friend and caught myself fantasizing about a quick binge before leaving. It was almost like I wanted to eat as a security measure; I don't know how else to explain it. I'm something of a homebody, so the day out, even doing mostly enjoyable things, left me wanting some kind of grounding force. Realizing this, I shoved the food out of sight and said a firm, out-loud "NO" to myself, like the binging side of me is some pet dog that's trying to get into the garbage can. But it worked. My friend had this expensive chocolate she offered to share with me, and I tasted it, but declined any large portions. I'm particularly proud of that, since I didn't obsess over it and didn't feel deprived. Had I stuck to my initial reaction, though, I'd be stuck feeling guilty over two little squares of quality chocolate, beating myself up for eating "unhealthy" food. This requires so much focus because when I'm not binging, I have to be careful not to swing to the opposite extreme of perfectionism. If I don't keep this in mind, I'll resort to more disordered eating--more binging, and eventually, more purging.

My point in posting this long-ish vent is the need to hold myself accountable when things get busier. January life, thanks to my school schedule, leaves me with a lot of free time, but that's about to change. I won't have so much time to focus on my eating habits, achievements, and goals. Today, I showed that I can still make it with a little focus. I'm so determined to beat this binging thing right now, and each day I go is more incentive to fight the next urge.

usam--Try not to beat yourself up over mistakes. Learn from them and move on! If you know that PMS gives you trouble, plan for it, and maybe allow some lenience in terms of what foods you eat. We can't control our bodies 100% of the time. I believe you can do this

Krazy--What a frustrating argument. I hope he comes to understand your situation. After all, merely sticking something in his car doesn't sound like it's going that out of his way for you.

Last edited by Eurydice; 01-21-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Eurydice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #69  
Diet and Exercise!

S/C/G: 185/165/135

Today is day 3. Feeling strong!
fatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:32 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

254!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 117/113.5/110-112

Height: 5'4

Seven days for me -- personally a big milestone! Tamara -- I had the same thing happen to me in that I felt really tempted to binge yesterday, maybe bc of this milestone. But yay us for resisting!

Last edited by spingirl9; 01-22-2011 at 10:43 AM.
spingirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #72  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 4 going well. Going to the farmer's market to get fruit today, I'm already thinking about all the goodies they have there.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:39 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Crap. slipped up. Not too bad...didn't go on an all out kitchen rampage, but I did eat when I wasn't hungry, and more than I should have.

Ugh, starting over again. Drinking my 2nd big glass of water to make myself feel better, and doing some housework.
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 216/187/140

Height: 5ft 7

Smile

I agree spingirl9 wey hey for us 7 days seems like such a big hurdle. Lost 6 pounds this week but feel more proud that I did it when I actually felt that I have had some control and consciousness about what I have been eating. The difficulty now is keeping it going but I am going to try really hard
tamara72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Height: 5'2"

Day 18 going well. Approaching three weeks

Congrats on the no-binge week and the weight loss, tamara72. Keep it up, I know you can!
Eurydice is offline   Reply With Quote