Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-19-2010, 05:21 PM   #1  

Default Planning Ahead!

I started eating healthy today, after having sampled everything from the holiday party tables and eating, eating, eating.

I want to lose weight and eat healthy and I've got to start watching what I eat so I spent today planning ahead.

Here's what I did so far:

I substituted sugar-free syrup into my coffee instead of any kind of cream. I'm happy that the flavor and taste is good.

I made a double batch of steel-cut oatmeal this morning, and after I cooled it thoroughly in the refrigerator, I divided it into portions for every morning's breakfast. I individually wrapped each morning's portion into wax paper and put all the wrapped portions into a large zip freezer bag and put it in the freezer. Every morning I'll take out one of the oatmeal portions, remove the wax paper, and will microwave the oatmeal for a minute or two for breakfast. I'll top it with fresh fruit.

Today I also made my own trail mix in a large bowl and then put them into individual zip packets - each zip packet contains a little over an ounce of a combination of dried cherries/cranberries, pistachio nuts, sunflower seeds, slivered almonds, cashews. I will have this either for a snack or I can use it as a topping for my oatmeal in the morning.

It's good for me to plan ahead and have healthy foods around.

It's a start. I want to lose weight.

Last edited by ptsmith59; 12-19-2010 at 05:24 PM.
ptsmith59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

Plan to succeed will help you succeed. Writing for biting is an excellent strategy. I have preplanned my menus, for the most part, through Jan 3, only way to go for me.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:18 PM   #3  

I like planning ahead. I'm going to boil some eggs. Then I'll cut them in half and remove the yolks. When I'm hungry, I can eat one of the cooked egg whites. Or I could dab a little hummus inside the egg white to make a custom-made deviled egg without the yolk.

I'm also going to cut up some red peppers and cucumbers so I can use them to dip into hummus.

When hunger strikes, I want healthy snacks to be quickly available, so this pre-planning will help me a lot.

Does anyone have any other tips for making healthy foods/snacks ahead of time?
ptsmith59 is offline   Reply With Quote